• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Its always fun to browse e bay for sales, but there aren't many at all

arnief

Reaction score
Is Hilton clamping down on ebay sales lately? I remember seeing page after page of HGVC TS sales but only a good handful today.. Do they fluctuate?

Cyberc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I currently see 26 when searching for: Hilton grand vacation.

I wouldn't say that is a little.

Regards.

Ron98GT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC (7k Hawaii), Marriott (2-Bdrm L/O), & RCI Points (80k Grand View)
I always search for timeshare HGVC. I then add the specific city or TS that I want to look at.

I see for 40 active/available HGVC TS's on eBay, although I didn't check to see if any are rentals. I see 5 in Las Vegas.

Last edited:

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do they fluctuate?
Yes, both seasonally (late Fall/Winter tends to see an increase in sellers, spring and early summer an increase in buyers) as well as with the overall economy (in bad times, more people are looking to sell and vice versa).

We are in an economy that is continuing to strengthen, and are just existing the buyer-heavy period of the year. They will go up (a little) come Novemberish.

Beaglemom3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try redweek.com and myresortnetwork.com as well. Prices may be higher, but they might have "mo bettah " inventory.

-

myoakley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I, too, have noticed a reduction of 40 - 50% in the number of Marriott time shares on E-bay. I bought one in Hawaii four years ago on E-bay, and out of curiosity, I continue to follow the E-bay listings. Also, the prices are holding up, maybe even increasing a little. Maybe this is due to Marriott's exercising ROFR?

love2travel123

TUG Member
Reaction score
After reading as much as I can of these posts, I think we are ready to join the ranks of resale buyers. It's obviously very cost effective. And we already have 3 TS's with Hilton & 2 with Wyndham (all purchased retail).

We plan to purchase one last retail through HGVC to atain the last level of Elite status as we found it does make a difference for us based on the way we travel & the perks we really enjoy, but Wyndham's VIP Silver has shown us few valuable benefits so we want to pick up more points from resale.

It appears there is a bit more risk involved in purchasing through ebay. Seems to be quite a few unscrupulous sellers. Is the Tugg marketpalce a bit safer for the inexperienced buyer? I have seen advice on asking for an estopple letter, but even that can be inaccurate.

I am also debating on location. We currently own at Patriot's Place (fixed week converted to points) & Bali Hai (UDI points). Should I take the "points are points" approach and look for low MF & good price or pony up a little extra for a location we really want for the Advanced Res benefit?

Points vs fixed week?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated:)

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe this is due to Marriott's exercising ROFR?
The simpler explanation is that (perceptions of) the economy are much better today than they were four years ago. Fewer people are selling. More people are buying. And, that includes Marriott, who is more likely to be able to make use of inventory now than they were then. But, ROFR is the tail, not the dog.

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
Riviera Beach Spa Resort (deed back 2018)
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281774188842
For Rent: Hilton Grand Vacation Club at Waikoloa Village! This is an exclusive resort offering a 2bed, 2bth unit for check in June 4th through June 11th, 2016. You can also view this property at Hilton.com. This timeshare is listed WAY below comps and will go quickly!

FYI...I am a licensed Real Estate Broker in the State of Arizona. My lic#br556927000. However, my specialty is NOT in the timeshare business. My wife and I have decided to not go on this trip and therefore elected to rent it out.
Once payment is confirmed and received, we will request your full name and email address to send you via email your confirmed itinerary in your name for this trip. Any questions, feel free to call or text me (John Adragna) @ 623-703-0276. Thank you for inquiring!
-------------------
Fyi, I messaged him to see if he could change dates for me to later in 2016, and he responded, NO that the week is an RCI trade. Im not an RCI member so I'll let one of you follow up.

Thx

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
For Rent: Hilton Grand Vacation Club at Waikoloa Village! This is an exclusive resort offering a 2bed, 2bth unit for check in June 4th through June 11th, 2016. You can also view this property at Hilton.com. This timeshare is listed WAY below comps and will go quickly!

FYI...I am a licensed Real Estate Broker in the State of Arizona. My lic#br556927000. However, my specialty is NOT in the timeshare business. My wife and I have decided to not go on this trip and therefore elected to rent it out.
Once payment is confirmed and received, we will request your full name and email address to send you via email your confirmed itinerary in your name for this trip. Any questions, feel free to call or text me (John Adragna) @ 623-703-0276. Thank you for inquiring!
-------------------
Fyi, I messaged him to see if he could change dates for me to later in 2016, and he responded, NO that the week is an RCI trade. Im not an RCI member so I'll let one of you follow up.

Thx

He can't rent an RCI trade. The rug could end up being pulled from under the renters' feet because of rule violations.

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II
He can't rent an RCI trade. The rug could end up being pulled from under the renters' feet because of rule violations.

Exactly! I told him that via message, but since Im not part of RCi, I was hoping someone else could report him :)

Quimby4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott DSV II

-------------------

Thx

Can a MOD delete this info? The person responded to my ebay message saying that he was removing the EBAY post and thanked me for the information.