• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Issue Making 13 Month Reservation

rboesl

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
I'm wondering if anyone is experiencing the same issue as I am. I own week #5 at Divi Village Golf & Beach Resort. Per my contract I can reserve my week uncontested via RCI 13 months ahead. This has been a simple phone call to RCI in years past. This year, however, I've been told by RCI on 3 separate calls that I can't do this because they have no inventory from Divi. I contacted Divi after the first call and was told by them there should be no issue. I'm going to continue calling but I'm getting concerned because my 13 month window is coming to a close very soon.

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
Hi rboesl,

I too have an RCI Points account for my Divi Golf Villa (week 30). I didn’t have that problem. But when I called RCI at 13 months to Reserve they told me to call back at 12 months, but they never offered an explanation as to why I had to do that. Do you have the same room every year?

I don’t have an answer to your dilemma but I was thinking that maybe with Divi Little Bay being temporary closed those owners are now staying at the other Divi resorts, taking up more rooms?? Maybe ask to speak to a supervisor? Hopefully other Divi owners will offer suggestions.

rboesl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
We do have the same room each time we reserve in the 13 month window.

Very strange. I called again today. The representative I had today went through the motions to create a home week reservation and told this would be the 2nd home week reservation. The first home week reservation apparently was made on the first call that I made. But, I never received a confirmation email and the reservation never showed on my RCI account. So something must have happened when the representative on the first call made the reservation. I now have a reservation that shows on my RCI account profile, a confirmation #, and a confirmation email. Yay!

RNCollins I do have a question for you. Divi has tried to get me to convert my contract to their newer Divi Vacation Club and to use Interval International to reserve & exchange. Have they tried to get you to convert? And, since you're still with RCI, why haven't you converted?

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
RNCollins I do have a question for you. Divi has tried to get me to convert my contract to their newer Divi Vacation Club and to use Interval International to reserve & exchange. Have they tried to get you to convert? And, since you're still with RCI, why haven't you converted?

rboesl I am not familiar with the new Vacation Club but hopefully someone else will chime in and explain it in more detail.

rboesl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
The Divi website is rather vague about just what the Divi Vacation Club fully is. Right now I make a 13 month reservation and get my assigned specific room for my assigned specific week. OR, I get points with RCI to make exchanges. From what I understand, from the 1 attempt they made to get me to convert, the Divi Vacation Club is purely points within Divi and they use Interval International for exchanges which is also points based.