• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Island Links Palmera Vacation Club

californiagirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello all. We are longtime Marriott and former Disney Timeshare owners. We are considering a deeded, EOY Island Links 3 bdrm, floating week, cost $1.00. Seller pays all but $500 transfer fee etc. I’m trying to figure out the system and could use some help from Palmera veterans. We love Hilton Head island. We would either use it or rent it out. We have access to Interval via the Marriott Destinations program so we have no interest in joining RCI. The week does not have any RCI point benefits which is fine with us. I’ve read several reviews on trip advisor and looked at recent pictures. I understand the units are dated and probably not up to Marriott standards, but the maintenance fees are significantly lower than a Marriott too. The grounds and pools look very nice. Two weeks ago we drove around the area. We have always stayed in Sea Pines and this area is much quieter than Sea Pines. While we enjoy Sea Pines we would enjoy the quiet, less busy area surrounding Island Links.

My questions:
- how do you reserve a week?
- how difficult is it to reserve a week mid-May?
- are there any pending special assessments?
- if you are an owner at this resort are you happy with the resort?
- how much do the maintenance fees increase annually?
- for EOY owners is it true you only pay the maintenance fee for the year you use the week?

I appreciate any insight you can offer.

Magic1962

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Grandview at Las Vegas 122000 points annually....
I just saw this, while we we aren’t actually owners at Island Links… we love it there, we have stayed there 5 times and will be staying there again this next July… they have been updating many of the rooms and we plan to go back many many more times!!

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I just saw this, while we we aren’t actually owners at Island Links… we love it there, we have stayed there 5 times and will be staying there again this next July… they have been updating many of the rooms and we plan to go back many many more times!!
What do the updated rooms look like? My complaint with the 3 bedrooms is the lack of privacy in the master bedroom. There are flimsy double sliding doors connecting the master bedroom to another bedroom.

Does the remodel fix that?

Additional Note: I do not mean to be negative. This is a great place. The room layout was the one thing I did not like.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have passed this resort many times. Are the rooms dark inside ?

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
What do the updated rooms look like? My complaint with the 3 bedrooms is the lack of privacy in the master bedroom. There are flimsy double sliding doors connecting the master bedroom to another bedroom.

Does the remodel fix that?

Additional Note: I do not mean to be negative. This is a great place. The room layout was the one thing I did not like.

We have rented there several times spontaneously to get extra Hilton Head time, and we too like the resort---very much in fact........
It's not fancy but the units are quite spacious and very comfortable. The location in Port Royal is nice, and PR is beautiful.
I do share your concern about the second BR not really being isolated from the Master, physically by a true wall, and also regarding sound.
I have no clue what the contractor was thinking, but perhaps the thought was "for 2 parents and adjoining children".
Not many Tuggers know what or where Island Links is, and even fewer would know about a renovation.
However, you can call the front desk and get that answer in under 2 minutes. They may also know how to share photos, too....who knows.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have rented there several times spontaneously to get extra Hilton Head time, and we too like the resort---very much in fact........
It's not fancy but the units are quite spacious and very comfortable. The location in Port Royal is nice, and PR is beautiful.
I do share your concern about the second BR not really being isolated from the Master, physically by a true wall, and also regarding sound.
I have no clue what the contractor was thinking, but perhaps the thought was "for 2 parents and adjoining children".
Not many Tuggers know what or where Island Links is, and even fewer would know about a renovation.
However, you can call the front desk and get that answer in under 2 minutes. They may also know how to share photos, too....who knows.
As you enter Port Royal Plantation from the Highway ; Island Links is on the left hidden by some very tall pine trees. That is why I asked are the villas dark inside.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies

I will agree it is excellent. Of the HHI timeshares than can be easily exchanged into with some planning via RCI, it is my #3.

Here is my list.

#1 Port O’Call (Palmera)
#2 Waterside (Spinnaker)
#3 Ocean Links (Palmera)

Royal Dunes is something I have not checked out yet, but that also looks nice.

None of these are directly on the beach, but they all have good proximity.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
As you enter Port Royal Plantation from the Highway ; Island Links is on the left hidden by some very tall pine trees. That is why I asked are the villas dark inside.
We had a first floor 3BR back in early August. It was a bit dark, but perfectly fine for us. My guess is a second floor would have more light.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I will agree it is excellent. Of the HHI timeshares than can be easily exchanged into with some planning via RCI, it is my #3.

Here is my list.

#1 Port O’Call (Palmera)
#2 Waterside (Spinnaker)
#3 Ocean Links (Palmera)

Royal Dunes is something I have not checked out yet, but that also looks nice.

None of these are directly on the beach, but they all have good proximity.
Royal Dunes Resort are all three bedroom unit; with two master bedrooms and three baths. They were very nice on our last visit over 5 years ago.
IMHO, I would exchange into again. Please check out their website.

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2

They have plenty of light despite the tall trees even if it's filtered........I'd say just as much light as any other resort which has vegetation....
That is, it's a non-issue if you're thinking it would diminish enjoyment......it definitely won't.
Also they have fairly large decks off the living room, rather than the typical small and restricted balconies of most resorts,
one reason they're so much fun.
The glass doors to the decks allow a lot of light to come in. We loved the "extra room" which the decks provided.

BTW, any filtered light or shade at a Hilton Head resort could actually be an advantage in summer because it diminishes the midday sun's heat.
For example, a unit at another resort with direct southern exposure of a balcony can be prohibitively hot, and not to be requested, imho.

Last edited:

callwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry for treading on the thread but i have a question regarding this resort and HH resorts. My mothers 90th is coming up in early march and in a discussion with my sister, my mother said she would like to go to Savanah Ga. She didnt want to stay in a big place with everyone, so my sister is lining up a smaller place in Savanah. The other 4 of us are seeking places to stay that have room for the grand kids too. RCI just came up with a 3br match at Island links. It has enough space for us and our kids+, looks to be under an hour to Savanah. Some were considering looking on Tybee as its closer; Early march says non beach to me, but wondering if i should hold out a bit longer in hopes of a better place(not expecting to find a place in Savanah).