• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is Vistana crazy?

trexmdr

Reaction score
Just got a promotion from Vistana.
Says I'm invited on a 7 day Caribbean cruise. It’s an exclusive owners event. I wrote back: You’ve got to be kidding!!!!!

What genius in marketing thought this up with cruise ships being quarantined? And what VP approved it. Makes me wonder who is running things.

Crazy times.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Says I'm invited on a 7 day Caribbean cruise. It’s an exclusive owners event. I wrote back: You’ve got to be kidding!!!!!

What genius in marketing thought this up with cruise ships being quarantined? And what VP approved it. Makes me wonder who is running things.

Crazy times.
All the quarantined ships are from Asian ports. I don't think you are any more likely to get anything on a Caribbean cruise this year vs any other year.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Again, the media hype and hysteria is hurting industries and areas that are otherwise not really impacted.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
All the quarantined ships are from Asian ports. I don't think you are any more likely to get anything on a Caribbean cruise this year vs any other year.

^^^^^^ THIS ^^^^^

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
People are more fearful of cruises these days so Vistana is getting some good deals on discounted trips to offer. Same with helicopter trips in Hawaii

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants

Crazy times.
As you can see from the replies most are not put off. Try not to live your life scared by headlines.

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
I’ve received these offers before. They aren’t new.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Meh. I just spoke to a travel agent about booking a Viking River Cruise. Didn't bat an eye about the current quarantine. By the time my ship sails, the Wuhan coronavirus will have mutated 1,000 times!

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
I think I'm one of the luckiest person not on this boat. Right now, all i have in mind is I will not take any cruise in next 5 years probably. At least I get my money back but still paid $300x2 for flight cancellation that I will try to ask for refund.

Princess Cruise.jpg

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Meh. I just spoke to a travel agent about booking a Viking River Cruise. Didn't bat an eye about the current quarantine. By the time my ship sails, the Wuhan coronavirus will have mutated 1,000 times!
Exactly. I took advantage of the spring 2018 volcano eruption on Big Island Hawaii... scared headline readers cancelled in droves so Diamond Resorts included it in their quarterly 4 for 1 sale. I spent 4 weeks in paradise over Christmas for $1000 of my MF.

Sent from my SM-A505G using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I think I'm one of the luckiest person not on this boat. Right now, all i have in mind is I will not take any cruise in next 5 years probably. At least I get my money back but still paid $300x2 for flight cancellation that I will try to ask for refund.

View attachment 17312
Was the airline not willing to waive cancellation fees or provide a refund? I know it wasn't their fault, but did you ask?

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
Was the airline not willing to waive cancellation fees or provide a refund? I know it wasn't their fault, but did you ask?

I purchased the flight separately from Princess Cruise package. So JAL only offered to reschedule for $150 or $300 for cancellation . After we saw the news and learned the situation of these passengers on the cruise, which I feel so bad for them and for the whole situation, we just want to stay at home and not going anywhere for a while.