• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is there a trend when a majority of units show up for exchange?

shmoore

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am trying to get a unit for my pastor. His family wants to go to Hilton Head or Edisto the last weekend in May 2009. I am not seeing units there for that time of year. Since a lot of maintenance fees are due in January, will I see more show up then? I haven't studied deposit stats. I didn't know whether to wait or try to find something elsewhere. Thanks in advance for your advice.

Sandy M

Deb from NC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You might be too late...I own the last week in May at HH and deposited it well over a year ago. Never saw it on line, so assumed someone immediately grabbed it...

philsfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see 2 on the 29th, 4 on the 30th and 1 on the 31st at Hilton Head. One resort only had a studio, one resort had a 1 and a 2 bdr unit and one had a 3 bdr unit. The rest were all 2 bdr units.

ausman

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'd have to review old posts on the subject to be accurate. From memory by about 6 mths out from reservation date, in RCI, probably about 90% of the deposits have happened. The rest are probably high demand deposits where the late deposit date doesn't hurt as much and they retain much of their value.

Not a member of II but it was my impression those deposits happen closer to reservation date than in RCI.

shmoore

TUG Member
Reaction score
Philsfan, were you searching with RCI weeks or points. I am searching with a 1 bedroom red Wyndham Grand Desert and don't see anything in May 2009.

shmoore

TUG Member
Reaction score
This morning I was able to see Players Club and SeaCrest. Thanks. I wish I could have gotten a two bedoom for them. I put the one bedroom on hold and am hoping something else shows up before I confirm.

philsfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
This morning I was able to see Players Club and SeaCrest. Thanks. I wish I could have gotten a two bedoom for them. I put the one bedroom on hold and am hoping something else shows up before I confirm.

I was looking on the weeks side. I'll send you a pm with what I see.

esk444

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the Spoleto Festival in Charleston is that week and the week after. I've always found it very difficult to get a quality exchange in Hilton Head those weeks.

bookworm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham points still has lots of units available at Edisto. They could rent from someone.