• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is resortequitynow.com a SCAM?

BK2019

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Saratoga Springs
HGVC Paradise
I was contacted by resort equity now claiming they could rent out units. After paying an upfront fee. Has anyone heard of this company before?

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Never heard of them. But generally, if you are contacted out of the blue by a company who offers to do anything with your timeshare if you pay them up front, it's a scam. If you pay them up front, what incentive do they have to do anything further? Tell them to take their money from the proceeds of the rental/sale, and they'll disappear.

Dave

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

BK2019

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Saratoga Springs
HGVC Paradise
Thanks for the help, it sounded too good to be true. I'm new to the timeshare madness so I figured this would be a good place to turn for a sanity check.

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
This is an advertising listing company that is lying on the phone about having renters ready to pay you big bucks. What they have is a cheap looking website in which your money will go towards the “advertising listing” of your timeshare on their website. It will sit unsold and unrented. They don’t care because they already got your upfront fee.

This particular company is new (website created March 2019). However, according to the BBB it is related to another company called Premium Resort Travel which opened November 2018. That company is rated “F” with the BBB with 32 complaints. Companies out to scam you will do so as long as they can until complaints start coming in and then they just start a “new” business. Probably is exactly what is happening here.

BBB profile on Premium Resort Travel below:
https://www.bbb.org/us/fl/longwood/...eting/premium-resort-travel-inc-0733-90636249

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm new to the timeshare madness so I figured this would be a good place to turn for a sanity check.

This is an excellent place to turn for not only a sanity check but also information regarding the ins and outs of timeshares.

Since you say you're new, now would be a good time to remind you that, as a TS owner, you will now start getting a lot more of these phone calls, e-mails, and letters regarding your TS. Some might claim they can sell or rent out your TS for big bucks (like your OP just showed). Others will claim they can get you out of your onerous TS for big bucks. Others might even claim they can sue the resort, its salespeople, or the TS company for you. These are almost always scams.

jmpacleary

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife and I own a Hilton timeshare. Had a call from Resort Equity Now . I was told by a gent who gave me the name of Larry Poynter that as a RCI member we get 4 free weeks which we can rent out, for a $1,900 advertising fee. They will market the weeks at a minimum of $1,400 each so we get a nice profit with those weeks which are not our timeshare weeks and we use zero points. Sounds too good. I spoke with Hilton RCI today and was told we cannot market and resell any of the "Last Call" weeks which we can get at a very low cost. Those must be the free weeks the salesman was referring to. Sounds like a scam to me. Then above post from October 28, 2019 says this company is related to another company which had a F rating from BBB.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
Heckuva deal! What could go wrong?

mbabs91

Reaction score
My wife and I own a Hilton timeshare. Had a call from Resort Equity Now . I was told by a gent who gave me the name of Larry Poynter that as a RCI member we get 4 free weeks which we can rent out, for a $1,900 advertising fee. They will market the weeks at a minimum of $1,400 each so we get a nice profit with those weeks which are not our timeshare weeks and we use zero points. Sounds too good. I spoke with Hilton RCI today and was told we cannot market and resell any of the "Last Call" weeks which we can get at a very low cost. Those must be the free weeks the salesman was referring to. Sounds like a scam to me. Then above post from October 28, 2019 says this company is related to another company which had a F rating from BBB.
Same experience here. Good on you for recognizing this. I am a new timeshare owner with Hilton, and this is what happened to me (same salesperson too), except I was dumb enough to go for it. These weeks do not exist, I've found out today, and RCI has no knowledge of this company. Doing what they said and allowing another company to market your timeshare actually goes against the contract with Hilton. Apparently the info they have about the timeshare that led me to believe that this was legit is actually public domain. Trying to get my money back, but probably can't because it's outside the 10 day cancellation period.
Anyone who receives similar calls, run.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I was contacted by resort equity now claiming they could rent out units. After paying an upfront fee. Has anyone heard of this company before?
Hah scam