• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Is owning 2 weeks Marriott smart?

sprinklerman

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own Ocean Watch gold have been there week 33 or 34 3 years in a row. Have booked week 34 for 09. Getting tougher to get these weeks.

1 Any tips to book 12 weeks out when calling or web site

2 If buy second week could buy cheap platinum at Grand Vista ,then could call in on week 31 to get week 32GV and week 33 MOW or could still call week 32 for week 33 -34 I get two shots at calling in, is it as hard to get weeks if own 2 weeks and call 13 months instead of 12.
Main goal is to insure that I get to go to MOW week 33 or 34?

3 Was thinkin about buying another MOV but very pricey and think I would probably have to buy a platinum not gold?

Have been owners since 04

This web sight is great a ton of info even though we bought from developer pre construction we are happy with our purchase but if buy another will definitly buy pre owned.

Thanks

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
Your chances of booking what you want 13 months out will definitely be better than booking 12 months out. Just remember that the seasons that you own at the 2 resorts need to include the weeks you want to go. If you do decide to buy Grande Vista, then you need to buy the appropriate season. Those particular weeks are shoulder weeks at both resorts. But 13 month booking gives you more leverage. At least over the 1 week owners.

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Your chances of booking what you want 13 months out will definitely be better than booking 12 months out. Just remember that the seasons that you own at the 2 resorts need to include the weeks you want to go. If you do decide to buy Grande Vista, then you need to buy the appropriate season. Those particular weeks are shoulder weeks at both resorts. But 13 month booking gives you more leverage. At least over the 1 week owners.

I would buy another gold week MOW, then your chances of always getting those coveted end of summer gold weeks gets much better. Yes it will be more expensive than GV, but in my opinion much more valuable. If you can always get week 33, 34, the value of your gold is much higher, because they will always be better traders and better renters. And I assume when Labor Day is into the second week of Sept, you have in essense a third summer week at the end of the summer that occurs 5 out of 10 years.

That is why I bought multiple GO gold weeks, the first fall gold week is the last week before school starts for the next 3 yrs, so I bought gold, but by getting the last week in the summer it acts as a platinum to me. It also a great renter. I can get somewwhere near plat rental prices for the investment of a gold week.

Regards.
Joe

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
We own Ocean Watch gold have been there week 33 or 34 3 years in a row. Have booked week 34 for 09. Getting tougher to get these weeks.

1 Any tips to book 12 weeks out when calling or web site

2 If buy second week could buy cheap platinum at Grand Vista ,then could call in on week 31 to get week 32GV and week 33 MOW or could still call week 32 for week 33 -34 I get two shots at calling in, is it as hard to get weeks if own 2 weeks and call 13 months instead of 12.
Main goal is to insure that I get to go to MOW week 33 or 34?

3 Was thinkin about buying another MOV but very pricey and think I would probably have to buy a platinum not gold?

Have been owners since 04

This web sight is great a ton of info even though we bought from developer pre construction we are happy with our purchase but if buy another will definitly buy pre owned.

Thanks
Consider a Branson Platinum week .... low initial cost and great trade power.

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought if you owned 2 Marriott weeks they had to be booked concurently or consecutively? I must have misunderstood how the 13 month reservation window works.

Will someone please explain?

If I own one week at resort A and one week at resort B, I can book both my weeks at the 13 month timeframe?

Does this also inlcude resale weeks?

Janna

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Jana,
Yes you can book 13 months out using 2 different resorts - resale weeks included.

From what I have read here on Tug, Marriott may be extending this perk as a courtesy, as it may technically be written that you may only do so if owning two or more weeks at the same resort. So, until further notice, book away. :)

Terry

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
I thought if you owned 2 Marriott weeks they had to be booked concurently or consecutively? I must have misunderstood how the 13 month reservation window works.

Will someone please explain?

If I own one week at resort A and one week at resort B, I can book both my weeks at the 13 month timeframe?

Does this also inlcude resale weeks?

Janna

If you own at 2 different resorts, you must book 2 consecutive weeks (one at each resort) when booking 13 months ahead. As I mentioned in my initial post to this thread, that requires that you own seasons that coincide at each resort.

applegirl

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you own at 2 different resorts, you must book 2 consecutive weeks (one at each resort) when booking 13 months ahead.

Does this mean one week right after the other at two different resorts? Who wants to do that????????????

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Janna

Valleykat

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you own at 2 different resorts, you must book 2 consecutive weeks (one at each resort) when booking 13 months ahead. As I mentioned in my initial post to this thread, that requires that you own seasons that coincide at each resort.
Isn't this true even if you own two weeks at the same resort? We bought a gold and a platinum at NCV. Not the smartest choice, but it's done. My understanding is that we can only book 13 mos. in advance if we book the last gold week and the first platinum (as they would be consecutive weeks). Is this accurate or not?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
As long as you own seasons "with weeks" that coincide you may book 13 months in advance (assuming you own two weeks).

Example: Marriott Custom House has Platinum weeks in the summer and Marriott Summit Watch has Gold weeks in the summer.

So, if you own a Platinum week at MCU, and a Gold week at MSW and you wanted to book your use consecutively or concurrently for the month of July 2010 then you would call in June of 2009 and book your weeks.

That's the easiest way I can explain it. Maybe Dave M. can add something else.

frankhi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does this mean one week right after the other at two different resorts? Who wants to do that????????????

Janna

A week in Kauai, followed by a week in Maui, for example

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score

Janna

You can also book both weeks for the same week (example: two July 4th weeks). It can be for trading purposes or for personal use.

Terry

jerseyfinn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MMB MVO
Sprinkler,

Sounds to me as if you wanna get wet, but you're still not quite sure. Yet it also seems like you have the right idea of using multiple week ownership to expand your travel horizons.

What I can tell you as a multiple week owner ( 3 in Florida, 3 in Spain ) is that one needs to have a crystal clear idea of what they will do with the week(s) they acquire. Lots of ways to approach this such as straight off occupancy or occupying one and trading another. So I'd first suggest honing in on your usage goal and allow this goal to determine where/what you purchase -- and your goals should determine whether to purchase plat/gold. In this regard, you've got a couple of ways to go, developer or resale. The former provides instant gratification & costs more but also comes with MRPs & self referral points which may offset some of the cost if you are actively pursuing a MRPs strategy with your ownership. The later requires some time and patience, but it can save you money. In every instance it all comes down to your goals of ownership.

Have fun pondering a new purchase. The glass slipper will fit so long as you're committed to destination travel.

Barry

KathyPet

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you own two weeks at two different resorts in two different seasons then your weeks must "Touch" each other in order to book 13 months out. For example I own gold at MGO and platinum at MMC so i would need to book a platinum week at MMC for the week either before or after my gold week at MGO since the platinum season at MMC extends almost all year.

cp73

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DSV 1
Janna

Hi Janna,

It can be used as a strategy to get a hard to obtain week.

For example, if there was one difficult week you really wanted and the second week you didn't care about. Therefore you would obtain your hard to get week, reserve the second consecutive week and then trade the second week back to II.

ricki999

TUG Member
Reaction score
just make sure you get seperate reservations numbers.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Isn't this true even if you own two weeks at the same resort? We bought a gold and a platinum at NCV. Not the smartest choice, but it's done. My understanding is that we can only book 13 mos. in advance if we book the last gold week and the first platinum (as they would be consecutive weeks). Is this accurate or not?

yes

You can also book the last Plat. and the first Gold.

Bill4728

Reaction score
yes

You can also book the last Plat. and the first Gold. (at NCV)

I don't think this is true because the first gold week ( week 1) is next to a plat plus week ( week 51 or 52).

Bill4728

Reaction score
Some sales people in Hawaii are offering owners a neat way to get the 13 month rule. Instead of selling a single annual week ( no 13 month rule), they are offering to sell 2 EOY weeks (at the same price of one annual week). So on the every other year, when you want to go to hawaii for 2 weeks, you can take advantage of the 13 month rule.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
I don't think this is true because the first gold week ( week 1) is next to a plat plus week ( week 51 or 52).

Sorry- I had erroneously assumed that the less desirable Fall weeks were also Gold. Wow the Plat. season is long there!

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5