• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

ipod battery replacement

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
ok, so I have several ipods. But at one point my daughter wanted to use my old one that I really don't use that much anymore. It's a 4th gen b&w click-wheel non-photo version. It didn't really hold a charge, so I decided it needed a battery replacement.

I did the research and decided I would do it myself rather than send it to Apple.

I settled on buying this kit http://www.ipodjuice.com/4th-generation-ipod-battery-replacement-products.htm

The kit comes with a plastic tool to help open the ipod, a torx tool for removing a torx screw so you can remove the battery connector (carefully) and get the old battery out, the battery and a nice set of detailed instructions. There's a video on the web site that demonstrates how to open the ipod and replace the battery, etc.

I had a heck of a time getting the ipod open even with their tool. It is not easy to open it, despite what they show you. Eventually and after some minor cuts on my hands from the tool slipping as I attempted to beat it into submission, I did get it open, and the rest was relatively easy. Only, I closed it and forgot to replace the torx screw, so I had to open it again, and it was still a PITA to get it open the second time.

Bottom line: It's certainly doable, but it's frustrating and can be difficult to get the ipod open.

Note: There's nothing special about the kit from this company. There's other companies out there that sell similar kits with a similar plastic tool for opening your ipod. I did like the fact that they had a video on their site that showed the process, but the video makes the opening process look easy, and it wasn't.

-David

Last edited:

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I used one of the kits awhile ago. As I recall I also had a bit of a problem somewhere, and had to check the web site to be sure I was doing it right, but it worked.

Bill4728

Reaction score
When we had to replaced our IPod battery, we did it thru the apple store, BUT they didn't replace the battery, they gave us a "new" Ipod ( same modle as the old one).

Well worth the extra money!