• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

IPad problem

PClapham

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Foxrun
Just downloaded os5 and now can't get tug new posts. I have to click on section by section. Anyone else have this problem?

Anitak

IngridN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts: Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Shadow Ridge
Just downloaded os5 and now can't get tug new posts. I have to click on section by section. Anyone else have this problem?

Anitak

I had the same problem on my new Macbook Pro I bought a few months ago. It was the browser. Google Chrome worked fine; Firefox and Safari did not. The Apple one on one guy told me it was because Lion was so new and to wait a month or so. I have not rechecked to see if Safari works now.

Ingrid

Numismatist

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hasn't worked for me since I upgraded a few months ago.:mad:

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anita, I also can't get the TUG new posts on my iPad after installing OS5. After the 'patch' OS5.0.1 it worked for a while then stopped. I think you'll find the same thing with other searches. I also can't edit photos. The 'edit' button has disappeared.

Hopefully with subsequent patches they will fix Apple's shortcomings. The fanboys can't offer anything helpful either.

Jim

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Typically, its wise to wait to install an update since bugs and compatibility issues are to be expected.

My Ipad is still running jailbreak on 4.3.3, I can jailbreak the OS 5, but it would be a tethered jailbreak, so I am also waiting to upgrade to 5

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Typically, its wise to wait to install an update since bugs and compatibility issues are to be expected.

So you are saying that I and other consumers are unwise to download and attempt to use 'updates' that are not listed as 'Beta' or test updates? When 'updates' are promoted as 'final' and complete software 'versions', one should expect them to be fully functional. Perhaps with a necessary 'fix' to new features, but features present in older versions should be expected to carry forward their functionality.

The least Apple should do is make the older version- of something as all encompassing at the Operating System- available as a retrograde. But it isn't. Once you commit to the new OS, you are stuck being Apple's guinea pig to do beta testing until they see fit to fix it.

Jim

PClapham

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Foxrun
My Zagg keyboard does not work either1 don't know if it is also a problem with os5.

Anitak

janej

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got a new ipad 2 with ios 5 loaded. I don't think this is a problem. But I can double check when I get home.

I also upgrade my iPhone to ios 5 with no problem using the New Posts feature.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
So you are saying that I and other consumers are unwise to download and attempt to use 'updates' that are not listed as 'Beta' or test updates? When 'updates' are promoted as 'final' and complete software 'versions', one should expect them to be fully functional. Perhaps with a necessary 'fix' to new features, but features present in older versions should be expected to carry forward their functionality.

The least Apple should do is make the older version- of something as all encompassing at the Operating System- available as a retrograde. But it isn't. Once you commit to the new OS, you are stuck being Apple's guinea pig to do beta testing until they see fit to fix it.

Jim

You may manually install an older operating system. But, I agree with you completely that all software vendors should, you know, TEST their software completely before deploying it.

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
Yes, I'm having the same problem after downloading the update. Frustrating! If I don't log in I can at least use the "Today's Post" option to see a summary of new posts..but then I have to login to actually post.

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
I've also had a problem after the recent upgrade in OS for the original iPad. When I'm in iTunes ironically, it sometimes just disappears and I go back to the icons page. When I reopen iTunes the page I was on displays, so it's just an annoyance. Doesn't seem to happen with any other site than iTunes.