• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Introducing HGV Max — Our New Membership Program (Official announcement from HGVC)

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
Dear Owners and Club Members,
Since our acquisition of Diamond Resorts in August 2021, we promised to keep you informed of important updates as we integrate our two companies and develop improved membership programs. Today, I’m excited to share news about the launch of HGV Max, a new membership program that brings together the best of Hilton Grand Vacations Club and Diamond’s The Club into one.
What Is HGV Max?
HGV Max will provide Members with features and benefits, including discounts across the Hilton portfolio of hotels and resorts, the opportunity to experience invitation-only special events and access to more than 80 additional properties across 20 new destinations. Hilton Grand Vacations Owners and Members can buy in to HGV Max now to take advantage of these new benefits.​
To learn more about HGV Max, visit my.hgv.com/hgv-max.
What Are the Benefits?
HGV Max Members have immediate access to more than 60 resorts within the Hilton Grand Vacations Club exchange network, now with complimentary reservations at these properties. The great features and benefits current Club Members enjoy today will stay in place, such as borrowing Points, depositing Points for immediate or future stays at properties within the RCI Exchange network, and access to ClubPartner Perks and experiences such as cruises, guided journeys and special events under HGV Ultimate Access — our new experiences platform.
Future benefits coming to HGV Max Members later in 2022 and beyond include:

• An Expanded Portfolio of more than 140 properties, featuring access to the Diamond resorts network starting six months or less before check‑out.
  • Complimentary Guest Certificates allotted annually (based on Member tiers).
  • HGV Max Rate with Hilton providing 10% savings off the regularly published rates on reservations at over 6,800 Hilton hotels and resorts.

What’s Next
We will continue to share information about HGV Max, including future membership benefits. News and updates about the program will also appear in your monthly Club Traveler newsletter and Club Traveler magazine.
We look forward to helping you create new memorable vacation experiences at one of our many properties around the world soon.​
Best wishes,​
Gordon Gurnick Signature
Gordon Gurnik
Senior Executive Vice President & Chief Operating Officer​

audirt

Reaction score
That note about Embarc strikes me as a pretty big deal. I haven't had a chance to go through all the Diamond properties, but out of the ones that have been publicly announced by Hilton, only Sedona has any interest to me. Without Embarc, I don't see a lot of places I want to stay.

GMan82

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club
West 57th by Hilton Club
Not much info. Basically we would need to contact them for more information, but I suspect the rules are in the club documents we have all been speculating about.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
This is good, I guess. At least all the sales people weren't lying about a "grandfathering" period. The question is, is there a fee to opt in?
I’m an HGV Club Member. Am I automatically an HGV Max Member?
If you purchased a vacation ownership interest from HGV after January 14, 2022, you will have the option to opt in to HGV Max. If you made a purchase at an HGV-branded Sales Center after April 4, 2022, you will automatically have access to HGV Max.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Yes, $7K for HGVC members with retail deed(s) to join.
But this is stating that for purchases after January 14, 2022. Does that mean that anyone who bought retail prior to then must buy additional HGV timeshare in order to john HGV max?

mjc775

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Waikiki Beach Walk + DRI/HVC
“…featuring access to the Diamond
resorts network starting six months or less
before check-out.”
It’s hard to access availability at many of the resorts we like to visit 9-months in advance.

“Check-out” is something I had not seen before as a DRI member. Most resorts can be booked 10 or 13 months before “check-in”. Possibly a further dilution of this new program.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Where have I seen this X with an arrow like that before? It looks very familiar, but I can't figure out why;
1649770678859.png

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
But this is stating that for purchases after January 14, 2022. Does that mean that anyone who bought retail prior to then must buy additional HGV timeshare in order to john HGV max?
Exactly

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I would be pretty chapped to have been told prior to April 4 by sales people that I could partake in the new program by buying HGV only now to be told now that it will cost an additional $7K. I know we saw that disclosure that they required new buyers to sign, but we know all too well that sales people were getting people to buy prior to April with the promise of the new program.

Last edited:

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
I would be pretty chapped to have been told prior to April 1 by sales people that I could partake in the new program by buying HGV only now to be told now that it will cost an additional $7K. I know we saw that disclosure that they required new buyers to sign, but we know all too well that sales people were getting people to buy prior to April with the promise of the new program.
If someone bought during the period of sighing the HGVMax letter (I thought that is was around January 4th), then they will have the option to join HGV Max (w/o additional purchase). All new retail sales will automatically be included. All new resales will be excluded. Any sales prior to start with HGV Max will be excluded.

I think that I have that all correct.

dioxide45

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
If someone bought during the period of sighing the HGVMax letter (I thought that is was around January 4th), then they will have the option to join HGV Max (w/o additional purchase). All new retail sales will automatically be included. All new resales will be excluded. Any sales prior to start with HGV Max will be excluded.

I think that I have that all correct.
I guess what I am wondering is, who does the $7K initiation fee apply to? Anyone that bought direct prior to April 4th or only those that bought direct between January 14th and April 4th? If I bought direct in 2021, is my only way in to buy more direct HGV or DRI or can I fork over $7K?

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
Someone who didn’t upgrade or purchase during HGV Max program who has any retail deeds.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
What/Who are voluntary HGVC club members?

This is not terminology I have heard before. But my assumption is it is like Bay Club, the FL affiliates, and Scotland where you can own and it is voluntary (versus mandatory) that you belong to HGVC.

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
The main negative take-away from me is it reads clear that HGVC will NOT have future access to Embarc UNLESS it is through HGV Max. I now suspect there is a decent chance us resale owners may not have access to new properties joining HGVC .... but that remains to be seen.

Ralph Sir Edward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marriott 2010, all over again. The main differences are: 1.) There still is a home window period. (Marriott didn't include one.) and 2.) Marriott let prior resales (prior to the points system in 2010) join, HGV does not.

I think that the HGVC resale market is going to collapse. (I also expect that HGV will be <very> active in that "crashed" market, RORF'ing at low ball prices, to add Max inventory.)

GT75

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
The main negative take-away from me is it reads clear that HGVC will NOT have future access to Embarc UNLESS it is through HGV Max.
I am not reading it that way (yet) but certainly is a possibility. I think that this rollout was only to generate sales. It gave them more common booking locations to show on a map during a sales presentation. CI/Embarc is a much smaller system. I am still hoping that it will be folded into HGVC w/o additional purchase. At least that is my hope. If not, then I will evaluate when that is integrated. I really don't see HGVC decreasing current rights when new resorts are added to HGVC. But I also don't see any new HGVC resorts coming in the pipeline for a while either. I really don't have any FOMO now and enjoy the resorts that I am currently traveling to. The information that we are receiving so far from HGVC is that the Legacy HGVC Ownership will remain the same.

But you are correct also, how CI/Embarc resorts are folded into HGVC will determine the direction that HGVC will be taking. (maybe I have my head buried in the sand)

Last edited: