• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

    Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

    Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

    Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

    Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

    Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free!

    60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

    All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interval - What happens next?

StevenTing

TUG Member
Joined
May 7, 2009
Messages
1,556
Reaction score
987
Hi All, I'm trying my hand out in II with a Request. Figured I'd see what I can get within 30 days.

So I am placing a request and making it for MM1 with the dates of 6/13-6/20. I did the upgrade to a 2BR and it says it will be $198 more. I'm now on the submit screen.

What happens if I accept an continue? Will it show me all weeks available and then I choose? or will it automatically select for me and then I have to cancel? I want to know what to expect after this step.
 

Attachments

  • IIRequest.png
    IIRequest.png
    238.4 KB · Views: 80

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
4,115
Reaction score
1,336
You will need to select a date farther out than 59 days. It can be at same resort or other. Otherwise, you will get an error message.
Edit: I just looked at your request. As it stands now, you are requesting anything from Studio - 2br. If you only want 2br, you have to edit the Unit Size, and slide the bar to only highlight the 2br size.

Nothing happens immediately when you submit. Even if there is availability, the request only processes later in a batch.

When the batch runs, if there is a match, you'll get an email with a confirmation. You will have 24 hours, or until close of business to CALL if you need to cancel.
 

StevenTing

TUG Member
Joined
May 7, 2009
Messages
1,556
Reaction score
987
happens immediately when you submit. Even if there is availability, the request only processes later in a batch.

When the batch runs, if there is a match, you'll get an email with a confirmation. You will have 24 hours, or until close of busines

Thanks for the tip on BR Size. If I cancel the confirmation, will I have to submit a new search? My question after this, when does EPlus come in? Seems like I should be able to cancel and continue to make new request until I find what I want. Or is EPlus for once you've confirmed and decide to change again?
 

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
48,889
Reaction score
20,320
Location
NE Florida
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I didn't think you could place OGS requests inside of 59 days without having at least some other date/resort combination that is outside of 60 days. Some people put really high demand requests out there for that one outside 60 days to get around it. Think Presidents Week at a Ski resort or Christmas in Maui. Or some some resort that never gets deposits. In reality, setting up OGS, getting a mach and cancelling are a pain. Especially if you are placing requests for places you don't want.

In reality, inside of 59 days you are better to just do searches of what is available in instant exchange inventory on the II website. Late deposits and cancellations generally go in to general inventory before being swept up for OGS matches and you probably have a better chance of finding what you want more easily by just searching a few times a day to see what is out there.

If you cancel a match, they can place the same request out there again. But if you keep getting the same matches and keep cancelling, they may question why you have the OGS setup in the firt place.

YOu can add ePlus when you setup the search or after a match. Though with an enrolled account and trading Marriott to Marriott, I wouldn't bother with ePlus.
 

ann824

TUG Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
399
Reaction score
49
I would check every morning, I’ve been seeing June dates in Kauai and Maui almost every morning. I actually just got that exact week in an oceanfront unit. I’ll let you know If I don’t use it.
 

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Joined
May 5, 2016
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
1,484
Hi All, I'm trying my hand out in II with a Request. Figured I'd see what I can get within 30 days.

So I am placing a request and making it for MM1 with the dates of 6/13-6/20. I did the upgrade to a 2BR and it says it will be $198 more. I'm now on the submit screen.

What happens if I accept an continue? Will it show me all weeks available and then I choose? or will it automatically select for me and then I have to cancel? I want to know what to expect after this step.

There are 2 ways to exchange on II and it sounds like you are mixing them up a bit.
First way is to do a manual search (instant confirmation). That is just going under exchange and having a lot at what it available. When I do this I select all locations, leave the size as is and just put in a date range. If what you want is there just make the exchange and you are done. If your week is enrolled there is no need for eplus if you are doing M-M exchange, you can simple retrade. If your week is not enrolled it’s easiest to wait u til you are confirmed to buy the eplus.

Second option is to place a request/ ongoing search if what you want isn’t currently available. When you do that you need to request exactly what you want, put in size and authorize upsize if you want it. If/ when the the unit you want is deposited you will be automatically confirmed and receive an email. You have 24 hrs to cancel for free if you don’t like the confirmation. You should check daily to be sure your confirmation email doesn’t get lost. You should also do manual searches often since at times it seems the unit you want escapes the filters and ends up in inventory rather than matching. If you have specific needs like must check in Saturday call II and they can modify the request- otherwise the dates default to Thursday - you’ll see that in your request which you can see under my history.

Hope that helps.
 

samara64

TUG Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2005
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
465
Location
Seattle
I just looked and here is what is available right now on II at MM1:


Jun 21 2020 - Jun 28 2020
icon_unit.gif
144
icon_kitchen.gif
Jun 21 2020 - Jun 28 2020
icon_unit.gif
268
icon_kitchen.gif

Jun 26 2020 - Jul 03 2020
icon_unit.gif
268
icon_kitchen.gif




if you call II, they may give you any one of these if you pay the exchange fee and unit size upgrade. If you wait til 12AM EST tonight, you can get the June 21 2BR without any upgrade fee. Just do a manual search.

Best of luck.
 

StevenTing

TUG Member
Joined
May 7, 2009
Messages
1,556
Reaction score
987
The week I’m using is not enrolled so I’d have to pay whatever additional fees. I was trying to possibly find a 3rd week IF we go out there and have to camp out in the room for the first 2 weeks. We’re gambling at this point that they open up the island so we’re holding out for the very last minute.

If we’re 2 weeks out and they haven’t lifted the quarantine we’ll cancel the trips and the weeks will likely be a loss. There might still be a possibility to deposit them with II but I’m not planning on it. I’ll play more on Intervals site tomorrow morning to see if I can get better acquainted.
 

samara64

TUG Member
Joined
Nov 5, 2005
Messages
1,043
Reaction score
465
Location
Seattle
Maybe you can post your dates in sightings in case someone sees it.
 
Last edited:

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Joined
May 5, 2016
Messages
2,505
Reaction score
1,484
The week I’m using is not enrolled so I’d have to pay whatever additional fees. I was trying to possibly find a 3rd week IF we go out there and have to camp out in the room for the first 2 weeks. We’re gambling at this point that they open up the island so we’re holding out for the very last minute.

If we’re 2 weeks out and they haven’t lifted the quarantine we’ll cancel the trips and the weeks will likely be a loss. There might still be a possibility to deposit them with II but I’m not planning on it. I’ll play more on Intervals site tomorrow morning to see if I can get better acquainted.

If you are not enrolled you will have to pay the exchange fee which would be $209 to a non Marriott or the Discounted price to a Marriott (I believe that is $154, I’m enrolled so I can’t check), and eplus which allows you 3 manual exchanges and expires 1 year from original reservation you buy it for $59. You have 5 days after your confirmed exchange to buy the eplus.
Everyone has to pay the upsize fee. Price varies by membership level- basic is $99 per step, $79 gold, $59 platinum.
The faq is hiding in the fine print at the bottom of the page and has lots of helpful info including pricing.
Also, I noticed you mentioned placing a request for one resort for 1 date. You need to request 3 things to place the request. You can get around this my requesting something that is unlikely to come through- holiday weeks, seldom available resorts. If you got “lucky” and matched you could just cancel within 24 hrs.
 
Last edited:

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
10,202
Reaction score
3,818
The week I’m using is not enrolled so I’d have to pay whatever additional fees. I was trying to possibly find a 3rd week IF we go out there and have to camp out in the room for the first 2 weeks. We’re gambling at this point that they open up the island so we’re holding out for the very last minute.

If we’re 2 weeks out and they haven’t lifted the quarantine we’ll cancel the trips and the weeks will likely be a loss. There might still be a possibility to deposit them with II but I’m not planning on it. I’ll play more on Intervals site tomorrow morning to see if I can get better acquainted.
Please understand that if you put Marriott & non Marriott requests together you will be charged the higher full exchange fee even if you match to a Marriott.

As for requiring 3 options for a request that is technically true but often not required. If it lets you put an OGS in for less, it won't kick it out later. It can be 3 resorts, 3 weeks or any combination. If you're truly interested in only one option, put something that's pie in the sky and/or way too far out for a match. II won't let you request specific arrival days online, they'll match you to an Fri, Sat or Sun and they're supposed to call if it's a non weekend check in day. However, if you only need certain check I days, you can call II and have them modify the request accordingly.
 

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Lifetime Member
Joined
May 20, 2006
Messages
48,889
Reaction score
20,320
Location
NE Florida
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Please understand that if you put Marriott & non Marriott requests together you will be charged the higher full exchange fee even if you match to a Marriott.

As for requiring 3 options for a request that is technically true but often not required. If it lets you put an OGS in for less, it won't kick it out later. It can be 3 resorts, 3 weeks or any combination. If you're truly interested in only one option, put something that's pie in the sky and/or way too far out for a match. II won't let you request specific arrival days online, they'll match you to an Fri, Sat or Sun and they're supposed to call if it's a non weekend check in day. However, if you only need certain check I days, you can call II and have them modify the request accordingly.
I have found that the three resorts/weeks combination requirement is only there for non Marriott trades. I tried putting in a request once using an AC and it required the three resort/weeks. None of our requests using Marriott deposits have ever required this.
 

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Joined
Jun 7, 2005
Messages
10,202
Reaction score
3,818
I have found that the three resorts/weeks combination requirement is only there for non Marriott trades. I tried putting in a request once using an AC and it required the three resort/weeks. None of our requests using Marriott deposits have ever required this.
I've seen it both ways including with Marriott only exchanges but it seems the further out I put in a request the less likely it is to be an issue.
 

tshd

newbie
Joined
Aug 6, 2019
Messages
76
Reaction score
21
Steven,
Did you have any luck seeing anything desirable with your MM1 studio?
 
Top