• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interval International price increases today

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grand Chateau, Sheraton Desert Oasis,
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
Was surprised to see no one had mentioned....

I am seeing $10 increase to trades (even Marriott to Marriott/Vistana)
$10 increase to buy an E-Plus [EDIT by marmite: This is not correct pricing for E-Plus... see string below]
Most things on my Accommodation Certificate look to be an extra $30

Has anyone else noticed any other price changes? I didn't check membership rates.

Last edited:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I guess they had to get the money to pay off Disney somehow or another.

As in the past, I would say DVC members who trade through II will not have any exchange fees. That was the deal they had with RCI, if I remember correctly. As a DVC member, I would never trade DVC for anything. It's very rentable. Very.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
Interesting that they had time to increase the prices across the website, but not enough time to add Disney to the directory. I did check that too of course @rickandcindy23

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
In all, it only looks like increases in exchange fee, EPlus, guest certificate and deposit extensions. They also broke out a new price tier for 6 night ShorStay exchanges.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
Is that right on the E-Plus? Was it $59 previously and now $89? That is $30 increase not $10. My mistake. I use those all the time... ugh.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is that right on the E-Plus? Was it $59 previously and now $89? That is $30 increase not $10. My mistake. I use those all the time... ugh.
Yikes. I think I will stick to using my MVC weeks which are in the II corporate account, for exchanges back to MVC weeks. I had been using Vistana in II as well and will now stay with SO reservations.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Yup. It looks like it is a $30 increase for EPlus. I confirmed it also in the exchange booking flow, it is $89 now. That is still a bargain given the value of the program, but still a big increase.

marmite

TUG Sightings Guru
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Paradise,
WorldMark
I set up two OGS last week and they give you an option to take the E-Plus when you check out. I didn't take it but sure wish I did now. But you're right @dioxide45, it is so valuable to me I'm pretty sure I will still be buying it at that price. Better than being stuck doing a full retrade fee.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I was hoping that they wouldn’t increase EPlus since I automatically add for my trades. Hopefully, I will have to trade less. I have more trades in these Covid years than prior years.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I expected this to happen. There have been several price increases in RCI since I've been a member.

The only one that is really disappointing is ePlus. That is a BIG jump and I used to buy it automatically. I guess if I get a trade I know I will keep, I may not get it.

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
I also buy ePlus pretty regularly. Disappointed to see that it went up so much. I might have to be more choosy as to when I use it.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Yes, I am very disappointed about the increase in ePlus. That is a huge jump in price.

I have to say that there have been so many exchanges I would have made in RCI over the last few years, if they just had the eplus also. I don't like to add the insurance. It doesn't cover the exchange fee, so with RCI, you lose the exchange fee with the insurance. Retrades would be so much better.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many folks pay that $59 (now $89) e-plus fee and don't actually use it. It's a money train for sure, especially if it is never used............

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I wonder how many folks pay that $59 (now $89) e-plus fee and don't actually use it. It's a money train for sure, especially if it is never used............
We have bought it only one time and didn't do any retrades. Pure profit for II.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
ePlus used to be a no-brainer. I purchased it routinely. I don't keep score on how frequently I use it, but it was very helpful sometimes.

Unfortunately, now it's a brainer.

I feel like most businesses view me as a piñata. I'm just a piñata full of money. They want to keep beating me until all the money falls out of my pockets.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark

I use almost all of mine, every time. I love to be able to "shop" :D

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies

escanoe

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Flamingo & Anderson Ocean Club
Vacation Village: Woodstone at Massanutten and Grandview (RCI Points) & the Colonies
I bought it for the one and only II trade I have executed (using OGS). I plan not to retrade, but consider it much more affordable than the insurance option (I seldom take) with RCI.

I wonder how many folks pay that $59 (now $89) e-plus fee and don't actually use it. It's a money train for sure, especially if it is never used.............

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
It is still cheaper to use etrade to extend an expiring deposit for almost an extra full year. It is also still better than rci's deposit restore at $89 which does allow you get the full value back even if you cancel the day before but does not extend the deposit and requires an additional exchange fee and can only be used once. You don't have to buy rci's coverage right away but if you don't buy it originally or are within 30 days of travel already it cost $129.

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Like others, I am bummed by the e-plus fee increase. That's a 50% increase.

Anyone what Vistana/Marriott trades will cost now?

Also, was there any notice of this? I have been living in timeshares for six months, mostly exchanges, and would have made some more exchange before the fee increase took effect.

heitmullerj02

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, HGVC Carlsbad
I have been with RCI for 20 years and I am thinking of switching to II, since I own Sheraton Vistana. What is an eplus?