• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interval Getaways - Bonus Week Cert for purchasing today 9/17/08

barza11

Reaction score
I was just checking out Interval's site and saw they have something called daily deals going on. They're giving away a bonus vacation week today. Does anyone know how long this is going on for? Do you think they are going to have other deals?

:banana:

Last edited by a moderator:

rsnash

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Great catch. I'm furiously searching and checking vacation time w/dh to see if we can take advantage of this. One thing, I see the special daily deal ad, but don't see anything about the bonus week as I go through the booking process. I checked by going through a res up to the point of entering payment and see nothing regarding this. Do you think it needs to be done over the phone?

ann824

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got an email saying they were having a deal each day this week.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
I just read an email titled "7 Day Event Begins Today"; II is running a 7-day "Daily Deals" promotion through 9/24. Today's deal is an AC with the purchase of any Getaway that's booked today. You should have an email notification with a link. If not, check the "Alerts" section after you sign in to II.

The email and the website don't say that you have to phone in, so I'd guess that the AC will show up in your account similar to the way other online transactions work. In other words, you'll see the AC after the Getaway purchase has been finalized and added to your account (24-36 hours typically?)

The promotion looks interesting enough to check every day...
Susan

Last edited:

barza11

Reaction score
It says the certificate will be mailed or emailed to you ...

Terms & Conditions *This offer applies only to Getaways booked today, September 17, 2008. Cannot be combined with any other Interval International offer. Certain regional restrictions may prevent you from participating in this offer. Certificate will either be mailed or emailed to you based on your member preferences on file.Offer ends end of day today, September 17, 2008, but may be withdrawn at any time. Use of the Bonus Resort Accommodations Certificate is subject to availability and redeemable from 59 days prior to travel.

CATBinCO

TUG Member
Reaction score
And you still need to pay the exchange fee to use the AC....$329 for 2 bdrm.

cigarboo

Reaction score
I'm so interested in this!!! Has anyone actually bought a Getaway today and received confirmation of the AC? Unfortunately, I just bought one 2 weeks ago for Orlando. I don't really need another Getaway, but those AC's really really work for me. Does anyone know where to find the restrictions for these AC's? Looks like you can only use them for flexchange. Any other restrictions? Is it listed somewhere that the 2br exchange fee would be $329 or is that a pretty standard exchange fee. I'm also wondering if you can only pick accommodations from the "Getaways" pool instead of as a regular exchange. When I renewed my II membership, they gave me an "AC" but it was for $200 off a Getaway week within 59 days. Would love to get a bonus week but not sure how good of a deal it really is.

gregloucks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Cigarboo - I just checked with II. The rep that I spoke with said that the bonus weeks are the same as the AC's that they have been issuing this year -the same grid, the same fee ($199/$249/$299) based upon unit size, etc. EXCEPT that all holiday peirods will be excluded even during the Flexchage period.

lll1929

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if you can still purchase this special since its still posted as Today's daily deal.

T&C say cutoff is yesterday but there is no new deal yet.

rsnash

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I logged in this morning and it has the same "daily deal" advertised, but the T&C still says it expires "today" "September, 17, 2008." Well, today is now the 18th, they need to update the site.

cigarboo

Reaction score
Thanks greglouks! Getting an AC would have been great even if it had a few restrictions. I always love looking during the flexchange time. Doesn't matter though, as I missed out on the "deal." They seemed to have posted the deal late in the day and now they haven't posted the new deal for 9/18 yet. Sure doesn't give a lot of time to decide and work out vacation details. I found out about the 7 days of deals through a link on an email II sent, but I don't see where you can find the daily deals, if you just log onto the II site. Anyways, hope someone was able to take advantage of this. I'm very excited to see what else they will offer these next few days.

tashamen

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
They've now posted today's "deal" - $99 Getaway for a studio in Breckenridge or Cocoa Beach. Not nearly on the same level as yesterday's deal - I did not book one, but saw some nice-looking Getaways yesterday, including one in a studio at Four Seasons Troon for less than $300 for the week (in September.)

I'm hoping for a renewal deal myself that offers 5 years for the price of 3 or something...

cigarboo

Reaction score
They've now posted today's "deal" - $99 Getaway for a studio in Breckenridge or Cocoa Beach.

Today's deal is not quite as exciting, but better than nothing. Can't wait to see what's for tomorrow. Thanks for posting it.

tashamen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc points (former Club Intrawest), Trapp Family Lodge
Friday's deal

Today's deal is a Getaway to Florida in any size unit for $179 now through mid-December. Excludes Orlando, but lots of other locations, including some very nice resorts. If I weren't booked into OKW in October I would take one of these instead that week!

suesam

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am going to Marriott BeachPlace Towers in November....1 bedroom for $179.00. What is so exciting is that a friend of mine who I really worry about because she works way too much is going and I know I could not have talked her into it if it was not such a spur of the moment and such a good deal. It was definitely an impulse thing for both of us and we both feel really, really good about it!

Now I gotta shop for airfare!

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score
Indeed there are some excellent $179 Florida offers but only till mid-Dec. Too bad I am committed to a different destination :(

K.

suesam

TUG Member
Reaction score
barza11

I am so glad you posted this!! I would not have looked!!
Thanks so much!
I am so thrilled!!!

Sue

Last edited:

Valleykat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it one of these when it's gone, it's gone things? Like a limited supply or something? Because I am getting "no new alerts at this time," when I log in.

Kimberly614

TUG Member
Reaction score
Valleykat:

I no longer see the alert either but if you search getaways, the deal is still there (at least at BeachPlace Towers which is what I searched). $154 for new or gold interval members; otherwise, $179.

Valleykat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Kimberly. I found them by searching FL locations. Does anyone know if you can use a guest certificate with these?

cigarboo

Reaction score
Tashamen, thanks for posting the daily deals. For some reason, I haven't been able to find out what the deal of the day is. It doesn't show up in my alerts and the old email link I received doesn't take me to any specials.:shrug: It would be great if you or someone else who has access, post them for the rest of us who seem to not be finding these deals in our II account.

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score
Most likely many of the $179 Florida deals offered today are gone by now. You will still find some by simply searching Florida Getaway destinations. Keep in mind tomorrow's special will be different ... and unpredictable ! Keep searching.

K.

rsackett

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Harbour Point
Thanks Kimberly. I found them by searching FL locations. Does anyone know if you can use a guest certificate with these?

Yes, I bought one for Daytona Beach and issued a Guest Cert.

Ray

cigarboo

Reaction score
Today's deal: Saturday Sept.20th, is get a free guest certificate($39 value) if you buy a Getaway today. I'm crossing my fingers that they're saving the best for last. I would love to see another deal like the one they offered the first day. I'm kicking myself for not picking up one of those Getaways with a free AC.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Summary of Offers so Far

September 17, 2008 - AC with the purchase of any Getaway .
September 18, 2008 - $99 Getaway for a studio in Breckenridge or Cocoa Beach.
September 19, 2008 - Getaway to Florida in any size unit for $179 now through mid-December. Excludes Orlando.
September 20, 2008 - Any Getaway qualifies for a FREE Guest Certificate (a value of $39).
September 21, 2008 - Fairmont Hot Springs, British Columbia, Canada – 1-Bedroom From $99 Per Week. Branson Missouri – Studio From $139 Per Week

Last edited: