• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interesting post from an "old folks home"

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
This is an update from our friends in a Continuing Care Retirement Community (CCRC) in northern Cakifornia. After seeing their living situation we started our own CCRC research a couple years ago, ultimately landing at the top of the waiting list in Carlsbad By The Sea. (And at the top we'll stay for the foreseeable future because we're not keen to move into group living in a heavy tourist area right now!)
--

Lots and lots of changes here in the Old People's Home, and in our local area too

The three dining rooms downstairs have many empty chairs as most of us are ordering our take-out from the restaurants...just picked ours up a few minutes ago, but we eat in an hour.( I have a full kitchen to reheat anything and I have added a homemade soup because I didn't like the menu one offered tonight.)

All activities have come to a stop...no movies, excursions by bus, concerts, lectures, fitness classes, craft classes, many committees have cancelled meetings, no parties on the premises (because we can't have too many outsiders friends and relatives, coming and going, especially in the elevators.)All local schools, colleges and many workplaces closed till mid April. I've cancelled all my tutoring students...and they are all Asian so they understand!

We have all been asked to wash our hands a lot, to the tune of "Happy birthday to you" twice each time we do so.
They asked me to write a jingle to the Happy Birthday tune ( I'm the jingle writer for lots of people, family events etc). It was put up on a screen at the Town Hall meeting yesterday although I was not there, and everyone sang it. (We have 800 residents, but I bet only about 300 were there)

I'll post my jingle here so that you can all use it to wash your hands the required 20 seconds....

The staff are all over the place cleaning, wiping, spraying and working their tails off. With so many people in one place, they need to take a lot of precautions...I'm very grateful to the staff....they have so much more work right now.

To the tune of "Happy Birthday" twice, as you wash with lots of soap and water....an easy jingle to remember for old people....

Let me make one thing clear,
To the germs lurking here....
With this soap and hot water
You'll all disappear!!
Happy clean hands to you!
Happy clean hands to me!
With this soap and clean water
We'll all be bug free!

I hope you all stay healthy and none of your loved ones get touched by the virus. ( My little Type I diabetic grandson is running a fever....not good!)

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
My CCRC has pretty much locked down in a similar manner. Visitors are been barred except in end-of-life situations. Our biggest risk is employees, care givers, etc. coming in from outside. They all have to be screened each time they enter the facility nonetheless IMO that is where we are most at risk. Although Management has tightened up procedures in the Dining Room dramatically I consider it to be where we are most at risk...

George

Brett

Reaction score
My mother's nursing home is on total lockdown - They don't allow any visitors, even family

Last edited:

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
DH's assisted living has been on lockdown since March 12. I FaceTime a few times a week. They are required to eat in their rooms. All activities have stopped. Aide today said the residents are depressed.

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
My CCRC has pretty much locked down in a similar manner. Visitors are been barred except in end-of-life situations. Our biggest risk is employees, care givers, etc. coming in from outside. They all have to be screened each time they enter the facility nonetheless IMO that is where we are most at risk. Although Management has tightened up procedures in the Dining Room dramatically I consider it to be where we are most at risk.

I'm updating my own post which is above. Two changes. First, our dining rooms have been totally shut down. Now food we order from a daily changing menu is delivered to our Apartment either at Noon or 4 pm (our choice). In addition all employees have to wear masks and have to enter through one Entrance and be checked out by a Medical Professional before being allowed in...

George