• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Interesting observation re Interval International ratings for Vidanta properties in Nuevo Vallarta

ecassidy6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Manor Club at Ford’s Colony
If you visit the online Interval International resort directory, Vidanta properties have been ‘downgraded’ from ‘blue’ to ‘yellow’ - including the Grand Luxxe.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Not all of them. In Riviera Maya, Grand Bliss and Grand Luxxe still show as Elite (blue) resorts. In Nuevo Vallarta, they all seem to be Premier (yellow) resorts.

I do own at Vidanta, though I do agree that the resorts are starting to show their age. After my last stay at Grand Luxxe in Riviera Maya I would probably have downgraded it to yellow.

douglasmhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club De Soleil
Garza Blanca
Vidanta GB
Villa Resorts
Marriott Ko Olina
Crazy to think with all the money they are apparently spending on facilities in nuevo vallarta that they would allow their properties to be anything less than stellar.

I did notice the same when going through II, but my impression was that some of the properties just weren't graded. As I recall some of the Vidanta properties didn't have any grade. Or, is my memory off?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Crazy to think with all the money they are apparently spending on facilities in nuevo vallarta that they would allow their properties to be anything less than stellar.

I did notice the same when going through II, but my impression was that some of the properties just weren't graded. As I recall some of the Vidanta properties didn't have any grade. Or, is my memory off?
There were some odd resorts in II IIRC. I think Mayan Jungle in RM that didn't have a rating. Grand Mayan and Mayan Palace are also unrated in II.

douglasmhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club De Soleil
Garza Blanca
Vidanta GB
Villa Resorts
Marriott Ko Olina
There were some odd resorts in II IIRC. I think Mayan Jungle in RM that didn't have a rating. Grand Mayan and Mayan Palace are also unrated in II.
I also saw kingdom of the sun unrated . . . and i don't think the construction is complete on that. I am wondering if someone at II was listening to sales people about what will be opening soon, and put them in II before they were actually out of the planning stages :ROFLMAO:

mrothwell

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
If you visit the online Interval International resort directory, Vidanta properties have been ‘downgraded’ from ‘blue’ to ‘yellow’ - including the Grand Luxxe.
Quick question for you. Have you been able to "trade" with Interval fairly easy? I'm looking at buying a Vidanta Grand Mayan 2 br. They claim 2 weeks a year "anywhere" for the same usage fee. I just want to know if I can go to Hawaii with those weeks?

douglasmhines

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club De Soleil
Garza Blanca
Vidanta GB
Villa Resorts
Marriott Ko Olina
Quick question for you. Have you been able to "trade" with Interval fairly easy? I'm looking at buying a Vidanta Grand Mayan 2 br. They claim 2 weeks a year "anywhere" for the same usage fee. I just want to know if I can go to Hawaii with those weeks?
I realize this wasn't directed at me, but I will give you my take on interval with mexican resorts . . . I don't think mexican resorts hold as much value as american ones of equal status, so I wouldn't expect to trade a great mexican timeshare and expect a great american timeshare. Is that just my experience, or everyone else's . . . no idea, but that is my experience.

Please take note, I am not a big fan of interval. In my experience all I see are garbage weeks on interval. But I have been told that is because of how i bank my weeks with interval. When I bank a week into the interval system, I put the week in, and then look at what is available. I have heard the best way to do it is to place a request for what you want, and then make the banking of your week contingent upon getting what you want. I haven't tried that, but maybe that will work to get what you want.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
We have been Vidanta World (my term) owners for a long time, and from 1999-2006, we had just Mayan Palace 2-bedroom units. Since becoming GM & MP owners at the same time, we did exchanges our MP weeks and used our GM weeks at one of the GM resorts.

Our family travels with us for Thanksgiving every year and my D-I-L really wanted to go to Hawaii in 2005 because their 10th wedding anniversary would be in early December. I deposited 3 weeks in March 2002 (because everyone said they would be up for Hawaii) and put in an RCI request for Hawaii - I did not specify a specific island - just wanted to go to any one. In October 2002, I got an email that I could get 3 units for the same week for Thanksgiving 2005 at a resort in Kauai. So, 3 years out! (We had an awesome vacation with 12 adults and a 5 year old.)

In 2007, our youngest son and his wife wanted to go to Maui for their honeymoon, but I could not get a week closer than 2 years out. They said they would go somewhere else for their honeymoon and do Maui for their 2nd anniversary. I snagged the week, and then when it got close, they said they could not afford to go, so we used the week for ourselves. :)

So, as with all exchanges, you must be flexible and plan a long time out. Deciding you want to go for a specific date and island takes a lot of planning.