• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Info from DRI Friends FB Group

LEMONLEE

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am copying this from a post in the 'Diamond Resorts US Friends' Facebook group. I can't speak to the validity of the information, but this was posted by the admin of the group, who is a Diamond owner and has always seemed to provide trustworthy information, but who knows? We are a legacy weeks owner, so this information doesn't help us, but thought others might be interested:

Okay. Many won't like this post (hell, I don't either). I have seen documents (sorry, I can't post them at this time) that gives more insight as to what will happen. The date for this happening is 01 Apr 2022. I will try to list some of the highlights. If you have a question, I will try and look it up on the paperwork I received.
- Club Combo goes away along with any loyalty received from having Club Combo.
- Loyalty upgrades are gone (no more booking a 1 bdrm and paying X dollars to upgrade to a 2 bdrm).
- Reservation windows seem to have shrunk to 10 months for Standard, Silver, and Gold. 11 months for Platinum and Centum.
- You will have to pay to save your points to the following year.
- Open Season (the ability to book into the other side's resorts) is at the 6 month point.
- RPP will go away (both paid and free)
- Cost of Diamond Value points (one time use points) have increased.
- DP (Diamond Preference) has gone away (where you could pick a specific unit).
- Early check in for Gold, Platinum, and Centum owners is gone.
These are all supposed to take place starting 01 Apr 2022.
Another issue though not verified as of yet is that folks who don't purchase into HGV Max will see limited availability and higher point values for the old Diamond resorts.
This is pretty much all of the info I have at the moment but if y'all have questions, I'll do my best to answer them.

LEMONLEE

TUG Member
Reaction score
He claims that the information was provided not from a sales presentation but "as a courtesy from a friend who wanted people to have time to make good decisions instead of on the spot bad decisions. If HGVC operates like Diamond did in the past, you would find this out on the 2nd of Apr when you couldn't do something you've always been able to do." But again, who knows...

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Question if Club Combination/Club Select is written into my Contract as is this applying to my Status how can they do away with it?

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Until you see it in an official statement from Hilton, it’s just a rumor.

Any of these are a reasonable concern as Hilton doesn’t offer these benefits and they charge additional fees for things such as saving points. They also charge a lower Club membership fee than DRI, so the ala carte fees make sense as you only pay for what you use.

This looks to me as if someone has made assumptions based on a knowledge of how Hilton runs their club, not s9 eth8ng that’s been put in writing.

My best advice. STOP going to sales presentations expecting to get real information. STOP believing what you read online. 90% of what you’re reading isn’t true, just lies spread by salesmen.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Until you see it in an official statement from Hilton, it’s just a rumor.

Any of these are a reasonable concern as Hilton doesn’t offer these benefits and they charge additional fees for things such as saving points. They also charge a lower Club membership fee than DRI, so the ala carte fees make sense as you only pay for what you use.

This looks to me as if someone has made assumptions based on a knowledge of how Hilton runs their club, not s9 eth8ng that’s been put in writing.

My best advice. STOP going to sales presentations expecting to get real information. STOP believing what you read online. 90% of what you’re reading isn’t true, just lies spread by salesmen.

That last sentence by dougp26364 is very powerful and is great advice. IMHO.

NiteMaire

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott G. Château
HVC Sedona Summit
VVR The Colonies
Until you see it in an official statement from Hilton, it’s just a rumor. <snip> This looks to me as if someone has made assumptions based on a knowledge of how Hilton runs their club, not [something] that’s been put in writing.
^^^THIS^^^ (although they do state they have some documents...don't know if they are official or not).
It's amazing how many people are losing their mind over lies rumors. It's no different than going to a/an sales pitch update; don't believe anything unless it's also in the contract. Clearly, some are fearful of the potential changes, but I'm not one of them. I'll read the official program details April 2nd (still can't believe April 1st is the planned release) and make a decision about what I want to do going forward.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
Question if Club Combination/Club Select is written into my Contract as is this applying to my Status how can they do away with it?
Check the contract wording, i think there are some weasel words.

goaliedave

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree, Diamond (bought by Hilton), Shell (bought by Wyndham), Sheraton (bought by Marriott), Palace Resorts, a few independants
So far no rumours about my favourite benefit, booking efficiencies 6 months out at 50% off; but if it's gone April 1 I will be as well.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
DRI had a lot of benefits that weren’t guaranteed when I was a member and we’re not in writing, other than to say they could change or else eliminate those benefits at any time. That alone would get lots of tongues wagging. The problem is salesmen sell those non-guaranteed benefits as if they’re guaranteed. Sunterra (pre-DRI) salesmen use to sell the product as a cottage rental program. Some owners owned points in the hundred thousand range. They’d then reserve the best of the best weeks and rent them for profit. This made it nearly impossible for ordinary members to reserve those weeks because they were gone a few minutes after they could initially be booked. DRI found and enforced a rule that stated owners couldn’t rent for profit and shut that deal down. Needless to say there were a few owners left holding the bag on thousands of points they couldn’t use.

So when you say your gone if……. Understand they already have your money and they don’t care. You’ll be gone but so will your money. To Hilton or DRI it’s an empty threat that doesn’t matter.

Last edited:

Arusso

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am copying this from a post in the 'Diamond Resorts US Friends' Facebook group. I can't speak to the validity of the information, but this was posted by the admin of the group, who is a Diamond owner and has always seemed to provide trustworthy information, but who knows? We are a legacy weeks owner, so this information doesn't help us, but thought others might be interested:

Okay. Many won't like this post (hell, I don't either). I have seen documents (sorry, I can't post them at this time) that gives more insight as to what will happen. The date for this happening is 01 Apr 2022. I will try to list some of the highlights. If you have a question, I will try and look it up on the paperwork I received.
- Club Combo goes away along with any loyalty received from having Club Combo.
- Loyalty upgrades are gone (no more booking a 1 bdrm and paying X dollars to upgrade to a 2 bdrm).
- Reservation windows seem to have shrunk to 10 months for Standard, Silver, and Gold. 11 months for Platinum and Centum.
- You will have to pay to save your points to the following year.
- Open Season (the ability to book into the other side's resorts) is at the 6 month point.
- RPP will go away (both paid and free)
- Cost of Diamond Value points (one time use points) have increased.
- DP (Diamond Preference) has gone away (where you could pick a specific unit).
- Early check in for Gold, Platinum, and Centum owners is gone.
These are all supposed to take place starting 01 Apr 2022.
Another issue though not verified as of yet is that folks who don't purchase into HGV Max will see limited availability and higher point values for the old Diamond resorts.
This is pretty much all of the info I have at the moment but if y'all have questions, I'll do my best to answer them.
I received an email this morning from HGV announcing the roll out of the "HGV Ultimate Access" program. It appears to just be a repackaged DRI "Events of a Lifetime" program. I'm sure other DRO owners received the same. An email from DRI was sent out last week advising "us" that "we" would be receiving future correspondence from HGV.

The email has a link to a VIMEO video explaining the program's three features. However, the paragraph associated with the video link on the main page clearly states that access to the "HGV Ultimate Access" program has a fee (of course) and allows "requesting a Membership and Timeshare Sales Presentation" during your next trip.

I would anticipate these "Presentations" will the place owners will be told of all the changes and their accompanying charges (both new and existing) - that is cash plus the need to purchase more points. From past experience we will be told it will cost you more to continue to gain access for what you already own - therefore, it's in your best interest to buy more points......No doubt we will find out very soon how HGV plans to continue to monetize owners.

Arusso

TUG Member
Reaction score
^^^THIS^^^ (although they do state they have some documents...don't know if they are official or not).
It's amazing how many people are losing their mind over lies rumors. It's no different than going to a/an sales pitch update; don't believe anything unless it's also in the contract. Clearly, some are fearful of the potential changes, but I'm not one of them. I'll read the official program details April 2nd (still can't believe April 1st is the planned release) and make a decision about what I want to do going forward.
Correct. the problem, as I see it, is that contracts are not updated. My Club contract is from 22 years ago. It had not been updated. Whatever additional benefits were added after the contract date by Sunterra and the DRI have not been memorialized in addenda. This allows the developer / owner (now HGV) to add, subtract, change. Whatever it will be, there will always be additional fees. That's the way the industry has evolved and survives.

LEMONLEE

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was initially super excited about Hilton's acquisition of Diamond, but as I've thought further about it, I don't think we would be willing to pay to join HGV Max, regardless of what the price point is. We are deeded resale KBC owners who resisted the pressure to give up our deed for points after Embassy was acquired by Sunterra, and then subsequently by Diamond. I've decided that the best I can hope for is that KBC will be renovated to bring it closer to Hilton standards. If that is all I get out of this merger, I'll be very happy.