• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

In quarantine Marriott Maui

Sleeper

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
As much as I would want the first 2 quarantine weeks to speed by I would want to figure out a way to slow the time/space continuum for the next 5!

CA Richard

TUG Member
Reaction score
So now I’m wondering if I should retrade and come over to MKO for 2-3 weeks in July if the pool is opening there? MM1 I don’t think is opening anything.

called front desk and security person thinks some re-opening of pool coming soon, so might be better than I thought after quarantine is over. Now do we try change of pace at MKO for part of the time? Decisions. Decisions
If you moved to a different island in the middle of your stay, would you have to re-quarantine for another 14 days at the new location?

lynne

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pacific Grove Plaza
If you moved to a different island in the middle of your stay, would you have to re-quarantine for another 14 days at the new location?
Interisland travel will be opened on June 16 - as long as you have fulfilled your quarantine, you should not have to re-quarantine

Dean

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I hope you continue to enjoy your trip, Luv_Maui, but at the risk of sounding snarky, I'd like to ask a blunt question from my perspective (which must be different than most who are posting here): Is it really better to spend 14 days stuck in a (very nice) home with a magnificent view (in one direction) as opposed to be able to be out and about in the open air and space at your primary home?

To each his own and I truly appreciate hearing your perspective. It is helping me learn and evaluate options. But I am at home gardening, going for wonderful walks, laughing with and talking (from a safe distance) to neighbors...just no view as fantastic as what you see when you look out your window. I would not choose to go where I knew I had a 14-day in-home, quarantine, no matter how pretty it was when I look out my window. I get a lot of pretty views on my big screen TV.

So, above is sort of explaining my question...are you feeling your view is worth what you have given up back home? Either way, I hope you enjoy your time, especially the five weeks beyond quarantine!
I think each is different and often what we think would be the case wouldn't end up being the answer after it was experienced. I could see us doing this if we had that much time. Not sure I'd want to do it in the older section with the limited kitchen though. And we'd likely move around between islands some as well.

Hawaiibarb

TUG Member
Reaction score
So nice to hear you made it (it sounds as though that was a challenge!) but also to hear someone ready to make the best of it with the restrictions! Too many have tried to slip around the quarantine, and there's an increased effort to track and arrest those those who do......what a way to remember Hawaii! So glad you have lots of time to look forward to getting out and about......enjoy Maui!

Hawaiibarb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just went back to catch up on all the posts. I was sorry to read that Safeway wouldn't deliver......they make such a big deal about their delivery program being such a service during the pandemic! Black star for them! I saw the post by the person who referred to "friendly locals" reporting people who were flaunting the quarantine.....seems he doesn't get that we in Hawaii have worked really hard to keep our numbers down; if you don't think Covid 19 is serious, we do! So you deserve the very best of vacations there....you've earned it! Thank you for helping to keep our islands as safe as possible.

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Woohoo! 5 people at the Napili pool. Today is our 1st checkout week 1 and check in week 2. We asked for linens to change the sheets and cleaning supplies to clean the bathroom. We got sheets and a canister of wipes.
6B0EFF26-AC35-40AB-AD03-3346253575E0.jpeg

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
WooHoo!! Just got a call from COVID-19 hotline, day 7 (per online check-in system), but actually our 8th day if you count day we arrived as day 1. After asking DW if there were any symptoms, we asked definition of 14 day quarantine, and officer Marfil assured us we could leave our room 6/19, 14th day here if you count arrival as day 1, which he confirmed. so the Check-in app starts a day after you arrive and states that is day 1, but is incorrect per officer Marfil. If we have any issues he said to have anyone call him. i had planned on day 14, per App, to also be a quarantine day and not be free until 6/21 so we are FREE 2 days earlier than I expected!!

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
WooHoo!! Just got a call from COVID-19 hotline, day 7 (per online check-in system), but actually our 8th day if you count day we arrived as day 1. After asking DW if there were any symptoms, we asked definition of 14 day quarantine, and officer Marfil assured us we could leave our room 6/19, 14th day here if you count arrival as day 1, which he confirmed. so the Check-in app starts a day after you arrive and states that is day 1, but is incorrect per officer Marfil. If we have any issues he said to have anyone call him. i had planned on day 14, per App, to also be a quarantine day and not be free until 6/21 so we are FREE 2 days earlier than I expected!!
What's the first thing you are going to do when you are free? I know what it would be for me. :D

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I saw the post by the person who referred to "friendly locals" reporting people who were flaunting the quarantine.....seems he doesn't get that we in Hawaii have worked really hard to keep our numbers down; if you don't think Covid 19 is serious, we do!

Once you are out of quarantine, be prepared for hostility from the locals. If you are an obvious tourist, they may assume you are breaking the quarantine and report you. Then you will have to deal with police and prove your innocence. You will need to carry your "papers" with you.

marciaheitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Are you allowed to leave your unit at all.....like to take a walk while socially distancing?

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Once you are out of quarantine, be prepared for hostility from the locals. If you are an obvious tourist, they may assume you are breaking the quarantine and report you. Then you will have to deal with police and prove your innocence. You will need to carry your "papers" with you.

I really hope that this doesn’t happen.

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
I know of one local Hawaiian being harassed in Waikiki accused of being a tourist from the news. Been at Marriott Ko Olina since March 24th with travels on a regular basis to Costco, Walmart, Safeway, Target and surrounding areas with no hostility from any locals. BS comment about carrying papers. Where is the basis of your information on hostility. Internet from Vancouver?

Last edited:

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
What a fantastic trip you have planned. If this mess happened when we were retired I could totally see grabbing some extended time in the islands. Now that the pool is open I hope this trip is the paradise I imagine.

No crowds. Whoop Whoop!

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
I know of one local Hawaiian being harassed in Waikiki accused of being a tourist from the news. Been at Marriott Ko Olina since March 24th with travels on a regular basis to Costco, Walmart, Safeway, Target and surrounding areas with no hostility from any locals. BS comment about carrying papers. Where is the basis of your information on hostility. Internet from Vancouver?

Personal experience, in March and April, on Kauai.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Personal experience, in March and April, on Kauai.
That stinks! Has it changed how you feel about traveling to the islands?

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
That stinks! Has it changed how you feel about traveling to the islands?

Not much. It's not unique to Hawaii. During pandemic, you can see xenophobia everywhere, especially in small and remote communities.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Not much. It's not unique to Hawaii. During pandemic, you can see xenophobia everywhere, especially in small and remote communities.
Not at all like that on Oahu. Kauai also had a longer curfew than Oahu. On Oahu the curfew was only over the memorial weekend to discourage parties and enforce social distancing.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk