• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

in cabo now and ????

rynker

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Stayed last week at Pueblo Sunset and loved it! At Playa Grande now and love it! Going to mayan Grand Saturday and it's all new.....we'd like to do a day of deep sea fishing. Is it better to go from Playa Grande or wait until our last week at Grand Mayan? Any recommendations on companies? Also, any suggestions for San Jose restaurants, markets etc would be apppreciated. We are beach and ocean people and don't care for the tours. We've done Cabo corridor but never San Jose. Thanks for the information!!!!!!

drguy

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Stayed last week at Pueblo Sunset and loved it! At Playa Grande now and love it! Going to mayan Grand Saturday and it's all new.....we'd like to do a day of deep sea fishing. Is it better to go from Playa Grande or wait until our last week at Grand Mayan? Any recommendations on companies? Also, any suggestions for San Jose restaurants, markets etc would be apppreciated. We are beach and ocean people and don't care for the tours. We've done Cabo corridor but never San Jose. Thanks for the information!!!!!!

We're in San Jose and Habaneros restaurant is very good. A short walk from Grand Mayan. Morgan's, Morgan's II downtown as well as La Panga are nice restaurants. One of our favorites, Don Emiliano, recently closed. Tropicana is a nice, casual place to eat. Javier's, next door to Grand Mayan in Cabo Azul is also a nice restaurant.

Guy

nsstampqueen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Fishing Charter - Do it in Cabo

I would recommend doing the day of fishing from Cabo - while I hear that there are now some charters running out of the marina in San Jose, I think you'll get a better deal in Cabo. Try Redrum - they are probably one of the best.

Another choice is to check out www.loscabosguide.com and click on their discounts page. There should be a fishing charter company or two listed there with a 35% discount - just make sure that you can get the vouchers from the local office, not the California one. Or you can try www.cabosanlucastours.net - they have some great discounts too - all you need to do is choose whichever one you want and print out your certificates.

As you probably already know the marina is full of sharks - timeshare sharks, deep sea fishing sharks, etc. I would strongly caution against choosing someone at random at the marina - lots of people have posted bad experiences on Trip Advisor when they go that route. You could also check out the Cabo Forum on Trip Advisor for fishing reports - all the reputable charters are listed there in various posts.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
http://www.gaviotasportfishing.com/

These are the guys I always use. They have a fleet of sport fishing boats on the north side of the marina. The best deal is made at the dock. Gaviota was sharing an office with Solmar on the north side of the marina just east of the Marina Fiesta Resort.

Solmar is my second pick. Fredie was a skipper for Gaviota but now skippers for Solmar. He is pretty good.

At the dock you can find out who went where and caught what. For us in January the bigger Blues are in the Sea of Cortez heading toward Mazatlan and the striped are at the Golden Gate. It really depends on ocean temps.

Panga fishing for Siera is usually happening in La Playita in January. This marina is just north of San Jose del Cabo.

Tight Lines Amigo
Bill