• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

IKE - Update on SL Seaside

Hophop4

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV/Silverleaf Owners-Holiday Hills, Branson; Seaside, Galveston;
Landmark Holiday Beach Resort, PCB, FL
Here is latest update on Seaside:

Found this in Yahoo Finanace area for SVLF:

Press Release Source: Silverleaf Resorts, Inc.

Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. Accepting Reservation Requests for Its
Seaside Resort on Galveston Island Effective Immediately
Thursday October 9, 5:01 pm ET

DALLAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. (NASDAQ: SVLF -
News) today provided the following updated report on the effects of
Hurricane Ike.
Effective immediately, Silverleaf Resorts will begin accepting
reservation requests to its Seaside Resort on Galveston Island. The
Company will begin gradually opening units at the resort on Friday
October 17th and expects to be fully operational by the end of
November. Many restaurants, stores, and businesses on the island
have reopened and federal, state, and local authorities, business
owners, retailers, utility crews, and residents are all working to
return the Galveston area to the enjoyable retreat it was before
Hurricane Ike struck on September 13th.

The resort sustained limited flood damage to ground-level property
and equipment, in addition to some exterior and interior damage
caused by the estimated 100-plus mile-per-hour winds and rain. The
Company has adequate insurance coverage in place to mitigate these
damages and its Resort Development and Operations Departments have
made significant progress on clean-up and repairs.

The Company has not been able to assess the extent to which the
impact of the hurricane will affect future results. The Company will
release updated information as it becomes available. Silverleaf
Resorts maintains property and business interruption insurance
related to hurricane losses at the resort.

To request your reservation you may login to MySilverleaf at
www.silverleafresorts.com or call 1-800-613-0310 or for other
information call the Owner Services Department at 1-800-801-4083.
Silverleaf Resort's email address is info@....

Based in Dallas, Texas, Silverleaf Resorts, Inc. currently owns and
operates timeshare resorts with a wide array of country club-like
amenities, such as golf, clubhouses, swimming, tennis, boating, and
many organized activities for children and adults. For additional
information, please visit www.silverleafresorts.com.

This release contains certain forward-looking statements that
involve risks and uncertainties and actual results may differ
materially from those anticipated. The Company is subject to
specific risks associated with the timeshare industry, the
regulatory environment, and various economic factors. These risks
and others are more fully discussed under the heading "Risk Factors"
in the Company's reports filed with the Securities and Exchange
Commission, including the Company's 2007 Annual Report on Form 10-K
filed on March 12, 2008.

For more information or to visit our website, click here:
http://www.b2i.us/irpass.asp?BzID=1358&Nav=0&S=0&L=1.

Silverleaf Resorts, Inc., Dallas
Thomas J. Morris, 214-631-1166 x2218

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
yes but I have conflicting info.....

Just yesterday I was notified by RCI that my confirmation for Dec 20th checkin was cancelled by Silverleaf. Yet when I call the resort they say that the resort is open for some check in now, and is opening for RCI checkins in November.

Yet according to RCI all inbound RCI exchanges are cancelled until the Dec 27 checkin date. Great I have a Dec 20th check in.

Since RCI and Silverleaf have different information they are providing I am trying to get to the bottom of things, but no luck so far.

Hophop4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I just received a letter today from Silverleaf since we own there. And it says pretty much the same as posted above. They will gradually open up units this Friday and expect to be fully operational by the end of November. Three weeks ago they gave me a confirmation for my week 52 in December.

Did Seaside have your confirmation?? Hope you get your week. I wonder if you call Silverleaf Reservations instead of the Resort, if that would help.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I called resort directly and RCI. I will try reservations. Silverleaf had my reservation but they no longer have it. Corporate has pulled out reservations but have not bothered to provide info directly to the resort that is consistent. Corporate is telling RCI one thing and their resort locations something else different.

Given that my week is 1 week prior to full operation open I find it hard to believe that can't provide me a week, as they plan to be fully opened by November, not late December when I am checking in.

I have not heard back from either RCI or Silverleaf for an update. RCI started an inquiry with Silverleaf for clarification. But communcation remains to be seen.

Last edited:

Hophop4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sandy,

We just checked into Piney Shores tonight and I was talking to them about the RCI cancellations. He said RCI cancelled exchanges going to Piney and Seaside because they felt the resorts were not up to RCI standards due to the damage. As of tonight reservations are being accepted into Piney Shores. He said you should contact RCI again and get to to reinstate the reservation to Seaside.

Good Luck at least you have plenty of time.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have yet to allow me to book back into Seaside.

RCI is denying booking, even though Silverleaf is allow them. RCI is claiming the island and the vacation will not be up to their standards.

Shouldn't that be my choice not RCI's? Especially if I say I will accept the fact there are lower facilities on the island.

We really just want to sit on the beach and relax for a week. Let the dogs play in the water and chase the seagulls. That was our plan for the week. Nothing else. I can do that in the current state the resort is in but RCI is not allowing me to do so.

I have calls into RCI supervisors but they have yet to respond.

Last edited:

Hophop4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Actually there isn't much to do in December anyways even if the storm had not came thru. Since we own week 52 we have been there many times and that's about all we do too is just relax. The pool is always closed that time of year anyways. Did they offer you another week, resort in another area or your money and week back??

Hophop4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have yet to allow me to book back into Seaside.

RCI is denying booking, even though Silverleaf is allow them. RCI is claiming the island and the vacation will not be up to their standards.

Shouldn't that be my choice not RCI's? Especially if I say I will accept the fact there are lower facilities on the island.

We really just want to sit on the beach and relax for a week. Let the dogs play in the water and chase the seagulls. That was our plan for the week. Nothing else. I can do that in the current state the resort is in but RCI is not allowing me to do so.

I have calls into RCI supervisors but they have yet to respond.

Sandy,

Did you ever get your week at Seaside back?? Just wondering :confused:

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nope

As far as I can tell Silverleaf is letting exchangers in but RCI won't allow them.

Can't get anyone at RCI to give me my exchange back.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We happened to be in Houston this past weekend, so we decided to drive down and check out the repairs in Galveston.

Lots of small areas are still in disrepair, although there is a lot of repair work going on. Around Jamaica Beach area likely lost the most amount of homes and property.

The first complete row of houses closest to the gulf were lost in many places along the drive out to Silverleaf. We did not drive past Silverleaf so I can't comment on anything there. Many homes were completely gone and all the debris is up in the ditches around the road. There were a few that late in the storm the stilts finally gave out and the tipped and fell over. We did see about 3 houses that were just a pile of rubble with a roof.

Big sand changes along the coast. The larger dunes down by Silverleaf are completely gone and you can see the Gulf from the road. So they lost sand as did other locations, but it appears the Escapes got a bunch of the sand.
In most cases the dunes are gone, but the beach is much much wider. There are big problems with the dunes gone however as even average storms can do much damage.

Surprisingly little exterior damage to be seen at Silverleaf as they have been busy cleaning and fixing things up. All the ground level flower beds are mulched and fixed up. The building closest to the road was closed as it had balcony and siding damage. The Presidentials at the back farthest from the road narrowly escaped flooding damage as the storm surge on the bay side of the island was higher than from the Gulf side. The water was almost up to the 1st level of units. So the stilts they are build on were high enough. The elevators in the presidentals were all out of commission however. Water did get into all of them obviously.

Everything else at Silverleaf was up and running.

I am still being denied access by RCI. RCI blames Silverleaf and Silverleaf blames RCI. I am asking them to try again to figure out if we can visit over Christmas. I am sure local business could use the visitors and their visiting $$.

Texasbelle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another resort on Galveston Isle

4 Seasons on the Gulf has the same problem with RCI. They would accept reservations, if available, but RCI will not book people for Galveston. We received a letter from 4 Seasons recently and they said the problem lies with RCI. That said, everyone who has been down there since the storm says it is bad--piles of trash, dead trees, etc. Don't know when RCI will consider Galveston vacation ready.

Hophop4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the report.

I guess RCI doesn't want exchanges giving bad reviews. Silverleaf is letting owners in because we have our fixed week for Week 52 and they confirmed it. I wonder when the elevators will be working.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I tried again and was again told NO. Silverleaf and/or RCI are NOT allowing RCI exchangers in until January 2009. I missed the cut off by a week.

Hophop4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I tried again and was again told NO. Silverleaf and/or RCI are NOT allowing RCI exchangers in until January 2009. I missed the cut off by a week.

We just took a ride out to Seaside this afternoon and I was talking to the gal that is the RCI rep or something. You may have talked to her when you were there. She said to tell you to try calling again. call her at Seaside. She might be able to comp you in.Good Luck.