• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II web site

LMD

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was trying to book a week that showed up online on II. When I clicked exchage it said "not available at this time". When I called II they could see the unit. Of course they charged me the $134 fee instead of the online $114 fee and said there was "no way" to override this. Any similar experiences? Were you able to get the fee reduced to the $114 since this seems to be a web site error
Thanks
Lisa

hjtug

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Recently I was watching some units that showed up online but got the same "not available at this time" message when I clicked exchange. A common reason for this is that someone else has the unit on hold. However, these units continued to behave that way when I checked several times each day over a period of several days. I never pursued the issue on the phone.

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Its an II glitch. The best way to get around it is to have an ongoing request in place, it can be something near impossible like week 51 or 52 HRA or WSJ, then when you check availability it wont give you the error message when you click to expand the dates or attempt to exchange

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Its an II glitch. The best way to get around it is to have an ongoing request in place, it can be something near impossible like week 51 or 52 HRA or WSJ, then when you check availability it wont give you the error message when you click to expand the dates or attempt to exchange

Is this a Starwood to Starwood exchange? I don't think this applies to other TS systems.

siesta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this a Starwood to Starwood exchange? I don't think this applies to other TS systems.
your right, thoight it was starwood board, i saw discounted exhange fees and assumed.

It may work with other TS that use request first , It sounds like the same issue?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
your right, thoight it was starwood board, i saw discounted exhange fees and assumed.

It may work with other TS that use request first , It sounds like the same issue?

It may - but I've never heard of it, and in 2009 II implemented completely different rules for Starwood owners, which probably do not apply to other systems.

Regarding the discount - II charges more if you call to put in your request.

kenie

TUG Member
Reaction score
When we booked our weeks at WKORN for next january, I was getting the same error message and had to book over the phone. The rep told me it was a glitch in the system.
I was only charged the on-line exchange rate though.
We had an ongoing search with 1 week and I used that to book 1 of the weeks with no problems. It was the other weeks that were getting the error messages.

This was using an SDO week.

hjtug

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score

I experienced it with a Wyndham generic week.

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I experienced it trying to book a specific Wyndham resort thru II. I had to use the phone call. My rep offered to try to get an override to save the $20.
This was at least 4 weeks ago.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
When we booked our weeks at WKORN for next january, I was getting the same error message and had to book over the phone. The rep told me it was a glitch in the system.
I was only charged the on-line exchange rate though.
We had an ongoing search with 1 week and I used that to book 1 of the weeks with no problems. It was the other weeks that were getting the error messages.

This was using an SDO week.

The best practice is to put a token ongoing search in place with ALL Starwood deposits. This usually eliminates that hang-up - see the II FAQ at the top of the Starwood forum.

kenie

TUG Member
Reaction score
The best practice is to put a token ongoing search in place with ALL Starwood deposits. This usually eliminates that hang-up - see the II FAQ at the top of the Starwood forum.

Thanks Denise.

I have ongoing requests for holiday weeks at HRA now so I should be safe. lol