• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II TDI charts for 2012-2013

jimf41

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just received my World Traveler book and I noticed a drastic change in the TDI for Florida's southern coast and the upper Keys. In 2011-2012 the TDI's were much lower for summer weeks. This years TDI gives them about a 20% increase. Winter weeks received a big increase also while Fall weeks seem to have decreased. The TDI for this location has remained fairly consistent with the TDI's of 2011-2012 in past years.

Anyone have any ideas why? The only thing I can think of is that the economy might have something to do with it.

NJMOM2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Abound Club Points
Marriott Harbour Lake
Marriott OceanWatch
I noticed it a few weeks ago on line before I received the new book. The Gold Orlando weeks' TDI were greatly increased as well.

RamMan15

Reaction score
I'm not a timeshare owner yet, just dabbling around with the idea of purchasing one. Is this TDI chart available online for us non-II members?

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
There has been a major shift for Las Vegas weeks as well. I had not looked this year as they been very stable since their inseption. Vegas use to have several weeks below the 100 average line. Now very few weeks are below that line. This has been reflected in the rather poor exchange oportunities I've seen over the last several months.

Branson has also had a significant shift with the mid summer weeks now being maxium value on the TDI.

This may be a reflection of several things. The economy, more owners using their weeks vs exchanging, more owners in default and unable to use their weeks (weeks in limbo not yet foreclosed upon) and more developers going to mini-systems.

If all TDI's have gone up, then the change will be relative and exchanges will continue to happen as they have in the past. It will be interesting to see if anyone reports TDI's dropping significantly for certain regions.

This shift will cause me to choose different weeks to deposit for exchange purposes. Fortunately, I only have one week outside an internal system that is significantly effected by these changes. The only other week I'm looking at depositing next year will be the lock-off portion of our MGC week and my intentions are for a Marriott internal exchange. Of course, since I'm trading in the weeks system rather than the DC Points system, I'll still continue to choose a week with the highest TDI score to improve my opportunities for the best or easiest exchange.

Last edited:

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I'm not a timeshare owner yet, just dabbling around with the idea of purchasing one. Is this TDI chart available online for us non-II members?

If you can do a resort search as a non-interval member, then you should be able to access the TDI charts. If not, then probably not.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If you can do a resort search as a non-interval member, then you should be able to access the TDI charts. If not, then probably not.

The TDI is available in the resort directory even if you are not logged in to your account on intervalworld.com.

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I opened a duplicate thread (I didn't realize this was in the Marriott Forum) and am moving the only posts from the duplicate to this one. I'll close the other:

From GregT:

All,

Another TUGger noted this, that the TDI charts for II had changed in the most recent Marriott Interval book. I just checked mine and confirmed that indeed the TDI chart is different (for the Hawaiian islands at least).

edited: the website has also been updated for the new TDI chart.

Thanks!

Greg

From Dioxide45:

After I saw the other post, I checked out the Orlando TDI. It looks like a lot of spring gold weeks went up. Something I find odd, while I didn't do the math, it doesn't appear that if you were to add all the TDIs together and divide by 52 that you would have 100. I thought 100 was average. There are a number of Orlando weeks that are below 100 but not enough to bring the average down to 100 with all those that are way over 100.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
From Dioxide45:
After I saw the other post, I checked out the Orlando TDI. It looks like a lot of spring gold weeks went up. Something I find odd, while I didn't do the math, it doesn't appear that if you were to add all the TDIs together and divide by 52 that you would have 100. I thought 100 was average. There are a number of Orlando weeks that are below 100 but not enough to bring the average down to 100 with all those that are way over 100.
Isn't 100 supposed to be the average across the whole system, not for each geographic location? I had always assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that places like Hawaii would be well over 100 as an average and some other locations would have averages below 100).

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Isn't 100 supposed to be the average across the whole system, not for each geographic location? I had always assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that places like Hawaii would be well over 100 as an average and some other locations would have averages below 100).

It was my understanding that 100 was the average for the region. This was why you couldn't compare TDI in one location to TDI in another. They are region specific.

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
TDI is used for trades into non-Marriott using Destination Point. A shift in the TDI would impact Destination Points trades.

The following is from my Marriott Interval Account:

Select Points
Please select how many points you would like to use for this exchange

Marriott Vacation Club Destinations• MZC
PointsTraveling from Sat Dec 17, 2011 - Thu Sep 11, 2014

TDI The Travel Demand Index (TDI) can serve as a useful guide by demonstrating the historical strength of leisure demand in any given area throughout the year.

How to Use the TDI

The higher the number is above 100, the greater the demand for that area.

The lower the number is below 100, the better the opportunity to confirm exchange accommodations.

Best prices and availability for a given week may generally be found during times when Indexes are below 100.

Studio 1 Bdrm 2 Bdrm 3 Bdrm 4 Bdrm
140 - 150 2,250 3,000 4,500 6,000 7,000
115 -135 1,750 2,750 4,000 5,000 6,000
90 - 110 1,500 2,250 3,000 4,000 5,000
50 - 85 1,000 1,500 2,250 3,000 4,000