• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Starwood priority outside of 3 day window?

abdibile

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am aware that there is a 3 day priority window in which only Starwood weeks can see Starwood deposits in II.

But is there also something like a "trading power" priority for Starwood owners after these first 3 days have passed?

After the recent WLR (Lagunamar) bulk deposit I am seeing many more (and especially bigger) units using my Sheraton Vistana Resort week (usually poor trading power) than using my Mariott Branson 2 BR 4th July week which has a lot more trading power when looking at (non Mariott and non Starwood) exchanges.

Has anyone else observed that effect?

Does the Vistana have some "trading power bonus" when trading into other Starwood resorts?

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I am aware that there is a 3 day priority window in which only Starwood weeks can see Starwood deposits in II.

But is there also something like a "trading power" priority for Starwood owners after these first 3 days have passed?

After the recent WLR (Lagunamar) bulk deposit I am seeing many more (and especially bigger) units using my Sheraton Vistana Resort week (usually poor trading power) than using my Mariott Branson 2 BR 4th July week which has a lot more trading power when looking at (non Mariott and non Starwood) exchanges.

Has anyone else observed that effect?

Does the Vistana have some "trading power bonus" when trading into other Starwood resorts?
Yes, you are right - even after the 3 day Starwood only trade period - a Starwood week will still pull more and bigger units at other Starwood resorts.

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, you are right - even after the 3 day Starwood only trade period - a Starwood week will still pull more and bigger units at other Starwood resorts.

With Starwood deposits, trading value is not considered when requesting exchanges into other Starwood resorts.

You are only competing with other Starwood owners on a "queue" basis. In other words, first-in-first-out.

tlpnet

TUG Member
Reaction score
With Starwood deposits, trading value is not considered when requesting exchanges into other Starwood resorts.

You are only competing with other Starwood owners on a "queue" basis. In other words, first-in-first-out.

Hi James,

Could you clarify what you mean? As I read your post, to me it means that one Starwood week in II has no different trading value than another Starwood week. I know this to be false, as I have multiple weeks at the same resort in II, and one will definitely pull (and reserve as I have done it) more and better Starwood weeks than the other week.

-tim

pointsjunkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
i can use my small 1 br l/o unit and get a 2 br at WKV,hawaii,cancun. when you do that the staroption amount given to each unit does not matter.

ex. small 1 br=44000 staroptions trading to a 2 br l/o feb break in canun or arizona, or hawaii =148100. so you get a great bang for the unit.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Hi James,

Could you clarify what you mean? As I read your post, to me it means that one Starwood week in II has no different trading value than another Starwood week. I know this to be false, as I have multiple weeks at the same resort in II, and one will definitely pull (and reserve as I have done it) more and better Starwood weeks than the other week.

-Tim

Yes, as Tim stated and I also know as a resale, non-SVN owner of SBP and previously PGA, this is not true.
Based on the dates you use to search with - there is a vast difference in what a November SBP will 'see' in II for both Starwood and non-Starwood weeks versus a July/August SBP week.

The July week sees more dates and bigger size units then the November week.
Because this is a float ownership, I am able to plug in multiple dates and conduct searches.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
i can use my small 1 br l/o unit and get a 2 br at WKV,hawaii,cancun. when you do that the staroption amount given to each unit does not matter.

ex. small 1 br=44000 staroptions trading to a 2 br l/o feb break in canun or arizona, or hawaii =148100. so you get a great bang for the unit.
You sure do!
A great use of your ownership - a perfect combination of SVN/non-SVN owner usage.....or are all your weeks SVN?
Even if they ARE all SVN, depositing a low point 1BR in II is a great bang for your buck!
Just remember to have SVN deposit a 'good' week in II and don't allow them to tell you 'all weeks trade alike' - because you know this is NOT true.

James1975NY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi James,

-tim

Sorry, I will be more specific. When you are going back to your home resort through II, there should absolutley be NO trading value considered.

When going from one property to another trading value is only considered as II factors the value of your week for what you are asking for. With that, if your week "qualifies" for the villa type, season, location etc, then it is really a first come first serve to that resort. Otherwise, a low season week from the Myrtle Beach area may not even qualify for any stays in Maui.

GrayFal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry, I will be more specific. When you are going back to your home resort through II, there should absolutely be NO trading value considered.
I am sorry James, this is just not true.

A January Sheraton Broadway Plantation will not trade into a Summer Broadway Plantation before a March Westin Mission Hills deposit. There is no home resort priority thru II.

When going from one property to another trading value is only considered as II factors the value of your week for what you are asking for. With that, if your week "qualifies" for the villa type, season, location etc, then it is really a first come first serve to that resort. Otherwise, a low season week from the Myrtle Beach area may not even qualify for any stays in Maui
Yes, this is what trade power is...and in fact, a low season Myrtle beach week probably won't get a Maui high season thru II - many owners here have reported this situation or if they do see Maui with a low season week they are only seeing smaller units.

Are you perhaps confusing SVN's "a point is a point is a point" with II trade power?

If not, we will have to agree to disagree regarding trade power issues with II - that all ownerships are not equal.