• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Reservation or Booking with Destination Points

StevenTing

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have weekend booked for Mountainside in May for the weekend. It's local to me. The Friday and Saturday 2BR runs me 600 points. However I noticed that I have some II certificates in my account and it looks like I can book the same dates, but for the whole week for the certificate cost. I think it was like $340. 600 points equates to a value of about $390. So I'm considering cancelling my points reservation and using the II cert.

I haven't used II in about 12 years. Any other fees I should be aware of when booking with II?

We will likely only be there the 2 days and leave the room vacant the rest of the week, unless we come back up with friends. We might book a second week to grab a second weekend and I assume my cost will be the same. So it would be 2 straight weeks, but we'd only use the weekend days. I suppose I just let the front desk know that we won't be in the room the rest of the days. I have a 3rd certificate so we might extend it a 3rd week.

What would you do?

StevenTing

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just looked at the cash rate using code 2VC and it comes out to $351.45. The benefit of the cash rate is that earn approx 8500 Bonvoy points with the stay vs. 1000 points with booking with MVC Points. Not sure if I'd get the 1000 Bonvoy points with an II reservation.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
I have weekend booked for Mountainside in May for the weekend. It's local to me. The Friday and Saturday 2BR runs me 600 points. However I noticed that I have some II certificates in my account and it looks like I can book the same dates, but for the whole week for the certificate cost. I think it was like $340. 600 points equates to a value of about $390. So I'm considering cancelling my points reservation and using the II cert.

I haven't used II in about 12 years. Any other fees I should be aware of when booking with II?

We will likely only be there the 2 days and leave the room vacant the rest of the week, unless we come back up with friends. We might book a second week to grab a second weekend and I assume my cost will be the same. So it would be 2 straight weeks, but we'd only use the weekend days. I suppose I just let the front desk know that we won't be in the room the rest of the days. I have a 3rd certificate so we might extend it a 3rd week.

What would you do?

Do you get elite night credit with the certs? I've heard with the Getaway certs you can get credit for stays at the Marriott's (Westin and Sheraton it's unclear).

You could stay the two days, then leave the room vacant for the remainder of the week. Leave the keys in the room and then call the front desk to check out.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I just looked at the cash rate using code 2VC and it comes out to $351.45. The benefit of the cash rate is that earn approx 8500 Bonvoy points with the stay vs. 1000 points with booking with MVC Points. Not sure if I'd get the 1000 Bonvoy points with an II reservation.

I would just book the 2 days using 2VC since you are not going to use the other 5 days with the AC certificate. The extra 7500 bonvoy points for paid stay equals another $60 in value. I have gotten the titanium elite 1k points on all II exchanges and reward stays.

You should get elite nights credit for the AC certificate. If you need those nights to qualify your wife for Titanium status then that might be worth something.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk