• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Problem with on-going search

khcruise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Christmas Mountain Village
Okay, I'm new to II and this is my first on-going search. I went in to look at my search and three of my resorts were missing. So I added them back in and went through the confirmation and everything looked fine - all the resorts were back in the list. But when I went back to check it later, only the three I just added back in are showing on my search and now the others are gone.

What is really bothering me is each time I make the change it gives me a new date so I'm assuming I'm losing my place in line.

Anyone know what I'm doing wrong? Is there a limit to only three resorts for a search?

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
II is glitchy.

I have problems sometimes when I am modifying an ongoing search. Other times it works just fine.

If you are frustrated, you can call II, and they will modify it for you (no additional charge).

The moral is, any time you made a modification to your search, you must go back in to review it afterwards.

And you can modify as often as you want, it doesn't hurt your chances at getting the exchange.

Last edited:

khcruise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
II is glitchy.

I have problems sometimes when I am modifying an ongoing search. Other times it works just fine.

If you are frustrated, you can call II, and they will modify it for you (no additional charge).

The moral is, any time you made a modification to your search, you must go back in to review it afterwards.

And you can modify as often as you want, it doesn't hurt your chances at getting the exchange.

Thanks for the info. I'll call II tomorrow since I just can't get it to hold them.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
What is really bothering me is each time I make the change it gives me a new date so I'm assuming I'm losing my place in line.

With II you don't really need to worry about a place in line (unless perhaps you are using points). II basesd their decision to match exchanges based on trade power of what you are offering them in exchange. So for example, if you offered up a week three months ago that still wasn't matched and someone comes along today and offers up a stronger week looking for the same resort you are. They will get the exchange first, even though your request is older.

The only time the date of the request matters, is if all other things between two competing weeks are equal. Something that is probably not very common.

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
II is glitchy.

Be especially careful if you use II's web page to change any dates in an existing exchange request. The new dates usually get recorded correctly, but the II computer often modifies a number of your other dates.

This problem has existed for at least 3 years, and I have reported it to II every time I have encountered it. They do nothing about it. The II phone responders, though, are quite able and willing to make a one-time fix for you. They just don't seem to have a way to get the attention of anyone who can get the needed reprogramming started.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Be especially careful if you use II's web page to change any dates in an existing exchange request. The new dates usually get recorded correctly, but the II computer often modifies a number of your other dates.

This problem has existed for at least 3 years, and I have reported it to II every time I have encountered it. They do nothing about it. The II phone responders, though, are quite able and willing to make a one-time fix for you. They just don't seem to have a way to get the attention of anyone who can get the needed reprogramming started.

I think this happened to me last week. I had an ongoing search where I went in to change the dates. Every time you go to edit the dates, it aways defaults the dates to the current date and then some other date that is a year out. Basically it is setup to search all dates by default. I changed the dates and double checked them. When I went in later to check things out, I saw that the exchange was matched for a date that was not even close to our request. Of course a quick call to II restored my week and request, but what a pain.

Here I was thinking that perhaps I did something wrong in not fixing those default dates.

BJRSanDiego

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
II and RCI software

I continue to be amazed at the existing software problems with II (and also RCI). I come from a background in software development - - specifically large system transaction-based systems. I'm not talking about availability issues where the system is off line because of maintenance or issues. I've experienced a number of unresolved software issues including:

1.Dropping resorts when adding resorts on an on-going search (mentioned in this thread). Yes, I too had to call to get it fixed.
2. Having to hit the refresh button a number of times when you get a notice that there are no matches and then suddenly finding that there are dozens of matches. This is a long-term unresolved issue.
3, Needing to run in a Windows compatibility mode because II is not yet compatible with IE8 - - I need to do this to (a) use the document library and (b) also to be able to correctly enter dates for exchange searches (it took a while but tech support eventually acknowledged that this is an issue).
4. Having TONS of Community screen name issues (in December and January, this affected about 17,000 users)
5. Making software upgrades that are not thoroughly tested and which resulted in big problems (as what happened in Dec 2011 and June 2010)

I would have thought that II would have invested the upfront resources to have much more reliable software, especially considering that this is the lifeblood of their business. I am saying this with the hope that someone in II reads this and realizes that they need to start controlling their software as if their business is dependent on it. (Sorry Tuggers, I guess this is a rant....) :wall:

khcruise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you for the replies. I've gotten used to the RCI bugs but was hoping I wouldn't have any problems with II searches:( Looks like I have to watch them both like a hawk.