• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II; Portfolio ? I'm New to II

cwn

TUG Member
Reaction score
New to II, I opened a contract for my new SBP. I have other TS weeks. If I want to have all my weeks with II as a portfolio of what I own, do I need to open a contract and pay the yearly fee for each week owned?

I read the II info posts and stickys and I was still unclear.

I also called II and it seemed to me that is what she said, although not very friendly.

Can I have my resorts/weeks in "the know" with II so I can "see" /search exchanges without depositing with II?

Right now - my new account with II is for my one SBP week. My other four weeks with Lagointa Lodge do not show up with II - can someone please explain?:doh:

Also, they said on the phone that it would take ten days after ending my account to be able to access it on line- that seems way too long to me - my resort already has confirmation. Does that seem reasonable?

My first use is 2013, and I want to trade it- so when do I start looking- 12 months in advance of the date I want to go?

Thanks, II PROS!!! :D

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, you are supposed to register all of them at the same time if you dont want to pay extra fees for adding them later. Technically, it is $35 to add them later (dont think per esort, but per addition). So if you had added them all at the same time when you registered with II, it would not be extra.

That said, I had a similar situation when I opened my II account. When I called them to add my other week, they were trying to get me to pay the $35. I told them that I just registered and didnt know i had to do it at the same time to avoid a fee, and requested the fee be waived. It took a couple of times hanging up with one rep and calling back feigning ignorance all over again, but one rep finally got manager approval to waive the fee since it had only been a day or two since I'd registered.

momeason

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, you are supposed to register all of them at the same time if you dont want to pay extra fees for adding them later. Technically, it is $35 to add them later (dont think per esort, but per addition). So if you had added them all at the same time when you registered with II, it would not be extra.

That said, I had a similar situation when I opened my II account. When I called them to add my other week, they were trying to get me to pay the $35. I told them that I just registered and didnt know i had to do it at the same time to avoid a fee, and requested the fee be waived. It took a couple of times hanging up with one rep and calling back feigning ignorance all over again, but one rep finally got manager approval to waive the fee since it had only been a day or two since I'd registered.

All your II affiliated resorts can be under one membership. I will PM you on
a person to call at II.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
New to II, I opened a contract for my new SBP. I have other TS weeks. If I want to have all my weeks with II as a portfolio of what I own, do I need to open a contract and pay the yearly fee for each week owned?

You have to pay to register the other resorts to the Acct., and you want them all in the same Acct., but you do not have to pay a yearly fee for each one. After they are registered, you only pay one yearly membership fee. However, if you add years of membership to your Acct. they will let you add one week for each year, for free. So if you add 4 years of membership - you can register 4 weeks for no additional fee. *Since you just opened the Acct., call II right away and see if you can include the other weeks for no additional charge.

Can I have my resorts/weeks in "the know" with II so I can "see" /search exchanges without depositing with II?

You can "register" your other weeks with II, and search with them, without depositing them. You cannot search with weeks that you have not registered with your II Acct.

Right now - my new account with II is for my one SBP week. My other four weeks with Lagointa Lodge do not show up with II - can someone please explain?:doh:

Only weeks that you have registered with II, will show up in your account. Registering a week, and depositing a week are two different steps. II has no way of even knowing what you own, unless you register the weeks with them.

My first use is 2013, and I want to trade it- so when do I start looking- 12 months in advance of the date I want to go?

You can look much earlier than that - when you log into your II Acct. and put in a search, the calendar will show you how far out you can search, depending on when your deposit expires.

Remember that your Starwood week, and your Lagonita Lodge weeks will have different rules in II. Starwood and II have unique rules (see sticky at the top of the Starwood forum.) So if you are asking about Lagonita Lodge, this forum (Exchanging) is the best place to ask, but if you are asking about Starwood exchanges, then that forum is the best place to ask.

Last edited:

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am starting to believe that there are some other logarithms in II that affect what we can see, beyond simply the characteristics of a particular resort, its location, and week. When someone claims their Foxrun week (no select or premier distinction with II) can see Four Seasons, I wonder if something else may be factored in, such as the number or quality of the portfolio of resorts one has registered with II. As if maybe this could be an indicator requested of II by some developers that they've "got a live one" to potentially sell to.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
I am starting to believe that there are some other logarithms in II that affect what we can see, beyond simply the characteristics of a particular resort, its location, and week. When someone claims their Foxrun week (no select or premier distinction with II) can see Four Seasons, I wonder if something else may be factored in, such as the number or quality of the portfolio of resorts one has registered with II. As if this is an indicator requested to Ii by some developers that they've "got a live one" to potentially sell to.

No offense, but this has nothing to do with the OP's question. Would you like me to start a new thread for you?

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Also, they said on the phone that it would take ten days after ending my account to be able to access it on line- that seems way too long to me - my resort already has confirmation. Does that seem reasonable?

Thanks, II PROS!!! :D

they say 7-14 days sometimes but it usually far less than that. Mine took a couple three days if I recall correctly.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
No offense, but this has nothing to do with the OP's question. Would you like me to start a new thread for you?

This is related to a discussion that OP and others had on the sightings thread about a FSA sighting, after which she said she would post here about II questions, so I just continued my thought in this thread. If you think it is best to pull it out and dont mind, sure.

cwn

TUG Member
Reaction score
All your II affiliated resorts can be under one membership. I will PM you on
a person to call at II.

Thank you- I thought it was odd how she wouldn't take my other resorts and said I had to pay another $89 and open up an entirely new account.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you- I thought it was odd how she wouldn't take my other resorts and said I had to pay another $89 and open up an entirely new account.

Here's what happened: The Rep. gave you the wrong Info. If you bought a TS directly from Starwood, or you bought at a mandatory Starwood resort, it would have to be in a separate II Acct., because the Acct. would be paid for by your SVN fees. But since you bought a voluntary resale, you aren't in the SVN, and it can be in the same Acct. with other timeshares. Some of the II Reps just don't know the rules.

When you call back, be sure that you point out that you tried to put all of the weeks in the same account, but you were GIVEN THE WRONG INFO. BY THE REP.

cwn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you Denise. They just closed for today- so I will call tomorrow. And, so I understand-I am to register all my 4 weeks even though they are at the same resort? And they can be with my SBP because I bought a voluntary resale.

Here's what happened: The Rep. gave you the wrong Info. If you bought a TS directly from Starwood, or you bought at a mandatory Starwood resort, it would have to be in a separate II Acct., because the Acct. would be paid for by your SVN fees. But since you bought a voluntary resale, you aren't in the SVN, and it can be in the same Acct. with other timeshares. Some of the II Reps just don't know the rules.

When you call back, be sure that you point out that you tried to put all of the weeks in the same account, but you were GIVEN THE WRONG INFO. BY THE REP.

cwn

TUG Member
Reaction score
How did you know it was ready? I want to log in but I need a number- I guess I can call when they open and see if they have my number that I use to log in.

they say 7-14 days sometimes but it usually far less than that. Mine took a couple three days if I recall correctly.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you Denise. They just closed for today- so I will call tomorrow. And, so I understand-I am to register all my 4 weeks even though they are at the same resort? And they can be with my SBP because I bought a voluntary resale.

Yes - each deed must be registered separately so that II can verify ownership, and availability with your resorts.

Yes, both resorts can be in the same Acct. UNLESS Lagonita Lodge requires them to be an a separate Acct. for some reason.

Last edited:

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
If you bought a TS directly from Starwood, or you bought at a mandatory Starwood resort, it would have to be in a separate II Acct., because the Acct. would be paid for by your SVN fees.

There are other scenarios in which this is true- for example, Hyatt. The basic concept is if your II membership is included in your annual dues/MF, you will have a corporate account for that week with a member number just for you. If you pay your II membership out of pocket, you get an individual II account.

In my instance, I have two II accounts with separate member numbers. One is a Hyatt corporate account. The other is an individual account and the only resort registered with that one is the Starwood week I recently obtained.

Not sure if any of this applies to you, but it is worth realizing that there are these two types of II accounts.

H

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Her other ownership is Lagonita Lodge, and I don't know what their II rules are, so she will have to check on that. I think they are an independent, so I wouldn't think they'd have a membership that includes II, but you never know.

heathpack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
Her other ownership is Lagonita Lodge, and I don't know what their II rules are, so she will have to check on that. I think they are an independent, so I wouldn't think they'd have a membership that includes II, but you never know.

I was more thinking that other newbies might read the portfolio concept and be confused that they could not put both types of week into the same account. That part isnot inherently obvious, it's quirky.

H

cwn

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree - it is quirky. Lagonita is affiliated with II, but the fees are not included with MF. I have had great trades with my Lagonita to Maui, but not in Starwoods or Marriotts, and with DAE. I didn't join II when I bought at Lagonita years ago.
So I am still figuring this out with my recent registration with II.

I was more thinking that other newbies might read the portfolio concept and be confused that they could not put both types of week into the same account. That part isnot inherently obvious, it's quirky.

H

cwn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Lagonita is Alderwood. It is affiliated with II but not included in membership.
I will try to sort it out tomorrow.
It seems I need to call II and get the weeks on the same account I just opened.

cwn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update: So Excited !!!

:cheer: ya-hoo!
My II Account is Active.

Thank you for your Direction and great advice - to everyone who offered help here.
Denise, thank you for breaking it down.
I called today and got it straightened out,band all of my 4 weeks from both resorts are now on my account and visible online already!!!

My life is about to open WIDE. I have to breath and take it slow.....
Haha:rofl:

Sherry, will PM you back, thank you so much.
:) :) :)

cwn

TUG Member
Reaction score
New Questions II

Just signed on, to view exchanges - it says please select the Unit you would like to redeem, and they are listed.

If I select, does that mean I am depositing - ot just selecting so I can look?
Don't want to do anything ahead of myself, don't want to commit- just look around....
:p

Haven't selected, I came here to ask first before I push any buttons, if I can sit on my hands while I wait for an answer!!

I will also review the II facts page.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good think about II is you can act like you are depositing and see what your unit can pull without actually depositing. Just put in a fake reservation number and date if you'd like to see what your unit can pull. Keep changing the dates of your fake reservation to see how what you can pull changes. But make sure to use II's trade demand index for a given area to know the highes power weeks for your unit. There is probably a sticky somewhere on this.

As for reservation number, it may require a certain number of digits. For example, for Marriotts, unless you pit in an 8 digit number, it will say invalid reservation number. Dont know about Lagonita or Starwood.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good think about II is you can act like you are depositing and see what your unit can pull without actually depositing. Just put in a fake reservation number and date if you'd like to see what your unit can pull. Keep changing the dates of your fake reservation to see how what you can pull changes. But make sure to use II's trade demand index for a given area to know the highes power weeks for your unit. There is probably a sticky somewhere on this.

As for reservation number, it may require a certain number of digits. For example, for Marriotts, unless you pit in an 8 digit number, it will say invalid reservation number. Dont know about Lagonita or Starwood.

Unfortunately, this is not true with Starwood. There is no actual "deposit" with Starwood timeshares and no reservaton number - you are using the predermined trading value of your week. An undeposited week will not have the same trading power. To see the real trading power of a Starwood deposit you have to deposit it AND put in an ongoing request. See the II FAQ at the top of the Starwood forum for all the details.

Last edited:

cwn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Denise- I only want to deposit my Starwood week, so I will go back and read that again.

And I appreciate the other info as well, for Lagonita, I found out I need a reservation, which I have, but I don't really want to deposit - just search.

Both have the logo next to them that means II something...a gold circle with a little fern leaf in it.

squeeze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Denise- I only want to deposit my Starwood week, so I will go back and read that again.

And I appreciate the other info as well, for Lagonita, I found out I need a reservation, which I have, but I don't really want to deposit - just search.

Both have the logo next to them that means II something...a gold circle with a little fern leaf in it.

To search just go through the motions of 'exchange', set the dates and preferences for your search and you can play around. Just do not confirm the 'exchange' at the end. You cannot confirm the exchange without payment anyway (which is what you would do for an ongoing search request or an exchange--if you found what you wanted).

Last edited:

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score

You dont have to really deposit, just act like you are to see what Lagonita can pull.