• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II not accepting Marriott Ocean Pointe 2016 Deposit

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Reserved my 2016 week for Deposit online yesterday expecting to be able to redeem for exchange today. Did this online with Marriott yesterday and I noticed the unit was not in interval. Figured I would give it a day to settle into the system.

Called Marriott, and the rep in turn called her II contact. Low and behold the II rep could not get my unit to deposit either. Well, Well, Well I have to say WTF is going on here. What with all of the membership fees, and exchange fees why can't they manage to get my unit into II.

Marriott laughing said there is a problem. She took my number down and both II and Marriott recognize this a big issue if II can't get deposits into the system. She gave me her contact as well.

Any of you Tuggers ever had this similar experience?

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not much activity on this thread yet? Hmm.

Anyway I got an email from the Marriott rep that the deposit was fulfilled. Checked on II and indeed this was true. Just would like to know what the problem was, and why this transaction failed.

Any other ideas?

It was a straight up reserve and deposit?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
When you made your reservation, what option did you select? I don't know the specific wording of the options, but there is an Exchange Marriott Deposit and an Exchange Owner Deposit. There is also an option to Occupy. What option did you select when you made the reservation?

I am not really sure from your original post what the issue was. Did you make a reservation and then go to the II website and try to deposit and there was no Florida Club 2016 unit under your My Units? Or were you waiting for Marriott to make the deposit in to II?

When I reserved our Grande Vista week for 2016 using the Exchange Owner Deposit and later that day took the confirmation number over to the II website and deposited both weeks.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
When you made your reservation, what option did you select? I don't know the specific wording of the options, but there is an Exchange Marriott Deposit and an Exchange Owner Deposit. There is also an option to Occupy. What option did you select when you made the reservation?

I am not really sure from your original post what the issue was. Did you make a reservation and then go to the II website and try to deposit and there was no Florida Club 2016 unit under your My Units? Or were you waiting for Marriott to make the deposit in to II?

When I reserved our Grande Vista week for 2016 using the Exchange Owner Deposit and later that day took the confirmation number over to the II website and deposited both weeks.

I did the Exchange Owner Deposit and attempted to confirm over on the II website as you described. No Luck, so I gave up yesterday. No Big deal.

Tried again this morning thinking that the II overnight process would have reconciled the deposit. No dice. Tried to manually deposit again. No dice. Called Marriott and the rep could not fix. She called II. Her contact could not fix it. :doh: As promised she said I would get notified when it was resolved. I did get notified. But just a tad miffed that this snafu materialized.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
So what was the problem you were experiencing on the II website when you tried to deposit? Was the 2016 Florida Club unit available in your My Units?

If it was, what error message did you get or what actually happened when you input the Marriott Confirmation Number and Unit No for the week you were depositing? Did you even get that far?

When you do the Exchange Owner Deposit, Marriott doesn't do anything for you except make the reservation and give you the confirmation number. It is up to you to actually deposit.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
II did not recognize the week/unit for deposit and the message advised me to contact my resort along with the 800 number.

Last edited:

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2
probably nothing more than a computer glitch.

I'd call both CEOs and suggest they pull the plug on both companies
for 30 seconds, then re-boot. :D

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
II did not recognize the week/unit for deposit and the message advised me to contact my resort along with the 800 number.

Were you entering the proper unit code based on the list below?

OFTM....Ocean Pointe................Ocean Front........1BR portion of 2BR unit.
OVTM....Ocean Pointe................Ocean Side.........1BR portion of 2BR unit.
THMV....Ocean Pointe................Ocean Front........2BR portion of 3BR unit.
ZZAB....Ocean Pointe................Ocean Front........2BR unit that locks off in to 1BR and studio.
ZZAA....Ocean Pointe................Ocean Side.........2BR unit that locks off in to 1BR and studio.
ZZAO....Ocean Pointe................Ocean Front........3BR unit that locks off in to 2BR and studio.
OFTG....Ocean Pointe................Ocean Front........Studio portion of 2BR unit.
OVTG....Ocean Pointe................Ocean Side.........Studio portion of 2BR unit.
THVG....Ocean Pointe................Ocean Front........Studio portion of 3BR unit.

If you enter an invalid code, or no code at all you will get the error message "The unit information submitted is not found in our records. Please contact your home resort." Were you possibly using the unit number from your deed?

In the Florida CLub document in the How Does Florida Club Work thread in the Weeks FAQ, I suggest only using the unit number for the full unit that you own. So even if depositing a 2BR ocean side studio, still use code ZZAA. The system will then prompt you to select the actual unit; 2BR, 1BR, or studio that you want to deposit.

Last edited:

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
I deposited my Orlando week 52 this evening online and had no problem doing so.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau

ZZAB....Ocean Pointe................Ocean Front........2BR unit that locks off in to 1BR and studio.
ZZAA....Ocean Pointe................Ocean Side.........2BR unit that locks off in to 1BR and studio.
ZZAO....Ocean Pointe................Ocean Front........3BR unit that locks off in to 2BR and studio.
OFTG....Ocean Pointe................Ocean Front........Studio portion of 2BR unit.
OVTG....Ocean Pointe................Ocean Side.........Studio portion of 2BR unit.
THVG....Ocean Pointe................Ocean Front........Studio portion of 3BR unit.

If you enter an invalid code, or no code at all you will get the error message "The unit information submitted is not found in our records. Please contact your home resort." Were you possibly using the unit number from your deed?

In the Florida CLub document in the How Does Florida Club Work thread in the Weeks FAQ, I suggest only using the unit number for the full unit that you own. So even if depositing a 2BR ocean side studio, still use code ZZAA. The system will then prompt you to select the actual unit; 2BR, 1BR, or studio that you want to deposit.

I am confused. I have never entered a unit code when I have deposited a week into II. Just the confirmation number and the date of the week.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I am confused. I have never entered a unit code when I have deposited a week into II. Just the confirmation number and the date of the week.

I think it only applies to Florida Club properties.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score

WHAT:eek:

Of course not! How the heck would I know to cross reference these codes. I took the unit number from my deeded unit that was relinquished. I only knew that because it was posted on Marriott's site:rolleyes:.

Admittedly this was the first time I have ever deposited my unit using this approach.

Dioxide you hit the nail on the head! Thanks for leading me to my error. I have more commentary on this for another day. I need to get some rest for the big New Years Party later.

Happy New Year!:banana:

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
WHAT:eek:

Of course not! How the heck would I know to cross reference these codes. I took the unit number from my deeded unit that was relinquished. I only knew that because it was posted on Marriott's site:rolleyes:.

Admittedly this was the first time I have ever deposited my unit using this approach.

Dioxide you hit the nail on the head! Thanks for leading me to my error. I have more commentary on this for another day. I need to get some rest for the big New Years Party later.

Happy New Year!:banana:

I was starting to wonder how you ever managed to deposit a week in the past without knowing this. Didn't know you hadn't. So posting it was a long shot. I thought it has to be a glitch because I thought you would have known this. Guess you learn something new every day here on TUG :whoopie: