• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Mariott- Marriott Exchanges Easier or Harder

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Have people found recently that it is getting harder or easier to get the exchange you want with II. When the points program first came out I found it harder to get the exchanges I wanted, but recently I have been getting what I want and also far in advance.

I own a Silver Marriott Summit Watch week and reserve either week 15 or Thanksgiving week to use for trading. Last year i traded to Marriott Maui, and was confirmed multiple times till I got the week that worked best for me, which was mid August.

This year got the week at the end of Sundance and will be at Marriott Mountainside starting Jan 30th, and just got a confirmation next year for Marriott Summit Watch starting Jan 16 which covers part of MLK weekend and the first few days of Sundance.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We are still getting what we are looking for. Though we have reasonable expectations based on what we own and we are mainly Instant Exchange surfers.

enma

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm happy with II. As a matter of fact sometimes II works better than Destination Points. I only accept Marriott to Marriott trades. II also bends rules at times when you call them. Yesterday I was able to trade my week which was restricted to 60 days out to an unit in June. As long as you are reasonable I think II still works just fine.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Several years ago we use to routinely exchange our Ocean Pointe studio unit for either a 1 bedroom Mountain Valley lodge unit or a 1 or 2 bedroom Willow Ridge Lodge unit (depending on the season). Up until recently we had been using that studio unit but, last year we once again locked it off. I really saw no difference with my online searches compared to pre-destination points and once again exchanged a December studio unit for a June 1 bedroom unit at Mountain Valley Lodge.

CCR

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
NCV, Worldmark
I'm liking my options. I almost exchanged for a 2 bedroom in KoOlina during the University spring break a couple weeks ago. There has been a ton of Hawaii inventory lately. I was using a 1 bedroom Mountainside gold week.

PassionForTravel

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I've been happy with what's been happening with my White Desert Springs II. I booked Thanksgiving week 2015. The studio side traded for MOC studio Easter week 2016 at 13 months out. The 1 bd side which I was holding back for a Hawaii trade for 2017 just got used for an unexpected family trip, it matched to a 2 bd at Labor day 2016 for Sunset Pointe in HHI within 24 hours of placing the OGS.

Ian

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
I've been happy with what's been happening with my White Desert Springs II. I booked Thanksgiving week 2015. The studio side traded for MOC studio Easter week 2016 at 13 months out. The 1 bd side which I was holding back for a Hawaii trade for 2017 just got used for an unexpected family trip, it matched to a 2 bd at Labor day 2016 for Sunset Pointe in HHI within 24 hours of placing the OGS.

Ian
My experience with Shadow Ridge gold (same as white) is the same. And Thanksgiving week makes a HUGE difference for trading in this season.

No noticeable difference other than the studio to 2BR doesn't happen as much.

gregloucks

TUG Member
Reaction score
Every year I lock off my two MCV weeks and exchange them into four NCV weeks. On Monday, I made the MCV reservations, deposited them into II and made the exchange requests. By Tuesday morning II had confirmed two of the NCV weeks, including the two weeks of Christmas and New Year's. Today they confirmed a third week. Ever since the implementation of the DC program, I had been afraid of the day when this strategy would no longer work, but so far so good.

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
The DC has probably helped the shoulder and off-season inventory in II because MVCI controls many more units that they deposit into II when points bookings do not meet the supply. This is speculation on my part but they do dump good stuff like 3BR Lakeshore units that would very unlikely be deposited by an owner and would not have been dumped by MVCI without the DC.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I have enjoyed many more trades marriott to marriott with the dc points program in place. They may not be as far out as pre dc but there have been more units available to me.
Only problem are studios have lost the ability to get 2br or larger greater than 60 days out mostly. This does not include destinations that do not have studio units.