• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II fees for Marriott exchange

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just tried to book a Marriott exchange with II and it appears the fees have gone from $99 to $139!!

I recall they were raising fees in 2009, but that's a big jump for Marriott exchanges.

Too bad I didn't book last night, but I didn't see anything tempting them.

potchak

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just checked too, I also found the same. I also checked to see what the price was for a non marriott exchange, and it is also $139.

Could this be a fluke in the system?

Beverley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am wondering whether Marriott is getting closer to the internal trading and that may be affecting the planned fees from II??? Thoughts anyone?:shrug:

Beverley

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe you can only do a Marriott to Marriott internal exchange for $99 by calling II.

jancurious

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not at home right now but someone needs to look in the 2009 II book (beginning section) and see what they quote for the fees.

If the fees are the same as trading outside Marriott now, I agree that the Marriott internal trading program may be near.

Jan

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Unlike the online version of II's T&C, the version in the 2009 Resort Directory does not include fees. The online version hasn't been updated for the 2009 fee changes listed in this linked thread and in other previous threads.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I'm not at home right now but someone needs to look in the 2009 II book (beginning section) and see what they quote for the fees.

If the fees are the same as trading outside Marriott now, I agree that the Marriott internal trading program may be near.

Jan

I do not see the fee's for internal or external exchanges listed in the front of the I.I. Marriott book. I guess they like to hide such things rather than putting them out there where they're easy to find.

I had understood that I.I. was increasing their fee's for external exchanges to $149. Still, a $10 discount is a far cry from where Marriott internal exchanges use to be.

EDIT: I just looked online using one of my non-Mariott weeks and the standard exchange fee was $139

Last edited:

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Out of curiosity, I just called the Marriott desk and was told the internal exchange fee is still $99 while the external exchange fee is $139. Must be a glitch in the online system.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
That's interesting. I understand the Marriott internal exchange fee still being $99, if that's true. That means there's a glitch.

But an announcement by II in November, confirmed by various TUGgers' calls to II, stated that general II exchange fees would go up by $10 (i.e., to $149 and $164) in January 2010. It appears that either the holiday has delayed implementation or II has backed off from the increase.

Time will tell....

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Dave- I think you've skipped a whole year...I know time flies, but 2010 already?!;)

larue

TUG Member
Reaction score

Jan

It may already be here. I put in a request first request in Interval today for both Marriott and non-Marriott properties and paid the $139 fee, which I expected since I was requesting both Marriott and non-Marriott properties. At the same time, while completing the transaction, there was a message saying something to the effect that to trade Marriott to Marriott internally to call Marriott directly.

I just found the specific statement, which comes up when you put in a request first reservation request for the unit. What it says is "If you would like to use the Special MVCI Internal Exchange Option, please contact an Interval advisor at your service office."

Is there already an existing internal exchange option with MVCI?

Last edited:

jancurious

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
What it says is "If you would like to use the Special MVCI Internal Exchange Option, please contact an Interval advisor at your service office."

Is there already an existing internal exchange option with MVCI?

That has been around. You can find the explanation in the front of your II book. I ended up using it last year, too, when I did a request first request for the same Marriott property.

Jan

FlyerBobcat

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
...You can find the explanation in the front of your II book. I ended up using it last year, too, when I did a request first request for the same Marriott property.
Jan

Since I'm not an II member yet (just closed on my first Marriott week), can someone give an overview of this Marriott/II special internal exchange program? Thanks

thinze3

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since I'm not an II member yet (just closed on my first Marriott week), can someone give an overview of this Marriott/II special internal exchange program? Thanks

There is nothing "special". it is simply a Marriott to Marriott exchange. One perk: You can look for one week/date at one resort using vs a minimum of two resorts and/or dates required on II exchanges.

Terry

FlyerBobcat

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone determined if the internal exchange fee of $139 (as report a few days ago) was indeed a glitch in the online system? :shrug:

Out of curiosity, I just called the Marriott desk and was told the internal exchange fee is still $99 while the external exchange fee is $139. Must be a glitch in the online system.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
Has anyone determined if the internal exchange fee of $139 (as report a few days ago) was indeed a glitch in the online system? :shrug:

I hope it was a glitch. If they have raised it to $139, I believe they should have notified all Marriott members. That's quite a hefty increase if it's right.

pwrshift

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Manor Club - 3 weeks platinum, 2 weeks at Marriott Beachplace Towers, and 1 week at Marriott Canyon Villas
Hopefully it's a glitch regarding fees. There are other glitches too...

Yesterday I tried to call II to deposit and answer a couple of questions and everytime I called, after the introduction comments I was cut off. Line said they were overly busy...but all day? I finally gave up.

I think we will all find that II will progressively get worse and worse as Marriott takes a good portion of their biz away.

Brian

LAX Mom

TUG Member
Reaction score

Yes, it was a glitch in their system. I called II and they told me it's still $99 for a Marriott to Marriott exchange. When I try to book one online it is now showing $99 also.

FlyerBobcat

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, it was a glitch in their system. I called II and they told me it's still $99 for a Marriott to Marriott exchange. When I try to book one online it is now showing $99 also.

Thanks for checking that!

divenski

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yep, still $99. I grabbed a 1 br SummitWatch today, Jan 3, and it was $99.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
There was a notice in our 2009 II book about an increase in fees (no mention of the Marriott to Marriott fee). However it was only changing for exchanges made via telephone. As long as you exchanged online there was no change. Perhaps when implimenting this change it caused the glitch.