• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Exchange Question

FoxyCanuck

Reaction score
We are new to exchanging with II and have some questions. We own with Marriott in Las Vegas at the Grand Chateau and are looking to exchange for something in Paris, France in July 2009. I don't like the idea of depositing our weeks with II only to find out that it's darn near impossible to trade something over there. Has anyone had any experience with trading for Paris? Ideally I would like to stay at the Marriott Vacation Club there... but I think that's impossible.. I would like to have a confirmed reservation more than 60 days before we travel as we are travelling from Canada with two small kids. I don't want to risk not getting something though. We have to book our flights by Aug 31 to get a special discount they are offering. Someone please help! Thanks!

ttt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Call the Marriott Desk at II and ask what your chances are....They may be able to enlighten you...

planada

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Kauai Beach Club, Marriott Sabal Palms,Marriott Waiohai Beach Club, Cibola Vista Resort, Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach,Marriott Destination Points,Vidanta Nueva Vallarta Grand Lux
I was able to get the Marriott Village de le France without even using my Marriott week at the Kauai Beach Club.. I got it with a Cibola Vista week (AZ)and unrelated to Marriott!

Just request FIRST with 3 different dates in July 09 and not deposit yours until your request is met and you should not have too much of a problem if you start NOW.

FoxyCanuck

Reaction score
Planada - was it great? Did you like the resort? Is it fairly easy to get around to Paris etc? I wasn't planning on doing Disneyland Paris at all... Can you see it from the resort? I don't want the kids to see how close it is and not take them.. LOL!

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've stayed at the "Paris" Marriott timeshare a couple of times. It is not a good location if you plan to spend your time in Paris!!!! It takes some effort and time to get into Paris. First a shuttle (offered for free a couple of times in the morning only, otherwise it's a 10 Euro taxi ride) to the Disneyland resort, then a train to Paris (45 minutes). Depending on the connections, it will take you at least 60-75 minutes.

If you want to enjoy Paris, this location is too far away!

edited to answer your questions:
*the resort is great and a car is advisable for exploring the countryside,
*it's very easy to get around Paris once you're actually there, it's getting to Paris that's the tricky part,
*you can't see Disneyland from the Marriott resort, but it is very obvious everytime you shuttle to the train station!

I took my son (about 13?) a few years ago and we did one day at Disney. I figured it would be something different than Paris for a day, but one day was plenty! If you want a Disney vacation I'd head to Florida!

Last edited:

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've stayed at the "Paris" Marriott timeshare a couple of times. It is not a good location if you plan to spend your time in Paris!!!! It takes some effort and time to get into Paris. First a shuttle (offered for free a couple of times in the morning only, otherwise it's a 10 Euro taxi ride) to the Disneyland resort, then a train to Paris (45 minutes). Depending on the connections, it will take you at least 60-75 minutes.

If you want to enjoy Paris, this location is too far away!

edited to answer your questions:
*the resort is great and a car is advisable for exploring the countryside,
*it's very easy to get around Paris once you're actually there, it's getting to Paris that's the tricky part,
*you can't see Disneyland from the Marriott resort, but it is very obvious everytime you shuttle to the train station!

I took my son (about 13?) a few years ago and we did one day at Disney. I figured it would be something different than Paris for a day, but one day was plenty! If you want a Disney vacation I'd head to Florida!

We spent a week at Marriott's Ville de France in late fall 2006 and found the resort very comfortable and family oriented. For us a car was not just advisable but a must since we wanted to visit many points of interest in Paris and vicinity. I found driving to and around the city relatively easy but parking is a problem. However, for us walking around the city was not an option so we were happy to have a car available at all times. We tried to avoid rush hour times and in my view highway traffic from and return to Ville de France is no worse than in most large US cities. In fact driving there is rather easier than in places like, say, Philadelphia, NewYork or LA. As to the Disneyland my advice is don't waste your time and money. Its a poor imitation of any Disney park in terms of scope, variety and quality. If you go to France spend your time in and around French cultural and historical places, forget about Disney. If you find the time take a drive over to the Normandy coast to visit at least a few well known WW2 sites. I found my visit there a rewarding experience but you will need a minimum of two extra days, preferably three, depending on your itinerary.

K.

FoxyCanuck

Reaction score
Thanks for all your helpful answers.. Since it's our first time in Paris, I think I would like to stay closer so we can be handy as we will be spending a lot of our days touring the sights!

rosepointe

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have rented apartments in Paris several time through VRBO. Good prices and within walking distance and Metro to everything.

Sue

FoxyCanuck

Reaction score
Well our flights were booked, but unfortunately booked with Zoom Airlines.... So as of now, we are out $5000 and a refund is not looking to hopeful so any dreams of Paris are just that... Dreams.. Keeping my fingers crossed that we get a refund so we can book with another airline!

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
As mentioned earlier, use I.I.'s request first option. By doing a request first your week isn't actually deposited until a match is made for your exchange request.

It isn't necessary to put in 3 different dates or 3 different resorts if you have a specific date or specific resort you want for an exchange. We recently traded our MGC week for a week at Marriott's Newport Coast Villa's. Not only was our request of one specific resort and one specific week, it was for one specific check in day. It may be necessary to call the Marriott desk if you need to be this specific as I'm not sure the online system will all it.

In our case, we reserved a week in Las Vegas that was acceptable to us in the event our exchange did not come through and then put in a request first exchange request.