• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Exchange in Sarasota/Englewood, FL

rljrenkr

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been timeshare owners for over 20 years and have exchanged most years using Interval. We wanted to exchange for Sarasota/Englewood, FL for March of 2020. Put in request in March 2019. We did not receive and exchange. First time ever. One year ahead of time and 2 week window. Any comments appreciated as to whether this is normal for this destination or is II falling down?
Thanks
Rick

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not sure how many Interval International affiliated Resorts are in the area you are seeking, but I am thinking that may have something to do with it (actual availability) as well as the trading power of the unit you deposited.

I am sure others will chime in.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
It's a very popular time of year for Florida vacations. As mentioned above, trading power can be an issue. Also, I think more people are traveling now than ever before, and the Coronavirus may stop that because of the paranoia. No virus will keep me from traveling, unless the airlines cancel flights.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Gulf side mid-south florida during snowbird season is extremely difficult through any exchange company. You had only 2 weeks in 2 areas. I think your chances were probably less than 10% if you had a decent deposit. It isn't an impossible trade through interval but it was a very difficult one.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Rick:
As I look at the Resort Directory, I notice that these resorts say Limited Exchange Activity
CNC, EBY, FWB, GSB, GTL, HYK, LTB, LLG, LNG, SIX, SPU, SSJ, SCV, SET, STI, VIA,
and this one is listed as Getaways (cash rentals - not usually available for Exchange)
LIR
Your only real chance was with these two:
VBC, WSL

If no owner at those two resorts deposited either of the weeks you had designated, there was no inventory for you to trade into.

Note: Suntide Island has 2 weeks available (not for your dates). I'll post in Sightings.

Last edited:

rljrenkr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your comments. We did cancel the request and refunded the exchange fee. Try again another year.

shellmo1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of your comments. We did cancel the request and refunded the exchange fee. Try again another year.
If you can go in April, you should have some luck if you are not looking for Easter week. Baseball Spring Training is in Florida during March and that on top of Snowbirds still in residence, make an exchange almost impossible.