• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Exchange Fee

Letnes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Should Vistana to Marriott exchanges in II be free? I paid $164 for an exchange I did the other day using my SDO week for a Marriott resort.

Do Vistana owners staying at a Marriott resort get any benefits? Can they tell from your Bonvoy account that you are a Vistana owner?

klpenny

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harboside Atlantis, Sheraton Flex ,Vidanta
They are free. You can call Vistana and get the fee refunded. They just consider you to be a Marriott owner and you get the benefits from that.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Should Vistana to Marriott exchanges in II be free? I paid $164 for an exchange I did the other day using my SDO week for a Marriott resort.

Do Vistana owners staying at a Marriott resort get any benefits? Can they tell from your Bonvoy account that you are a Vistana owner?
I don't think the resorts know your an owner when coming in on an II exchange. Even if you attach your Bonvoy number. I do think some resorts take it upon themselves to lookup ownership status as we have been recognized as owners when staying at Vistana Villages on an II exchange or getaway. That said, there aren't many benefits of being an owner except perhaps a discount card for food & beverage and sometimes a preferred unit placement within the confirmed view category. Other than that though, you will be seen as an II inbound guest.

klpenny

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harboside Atlantis, Sheraton Flex ,Vidanta
I agree with dioxide45. Though I have an II exchange into Frenchman's Cove and put my Marriott Bonvoy number. The concierge called me and in the call thanked me for being an owner, so they knew somehow that I was. I only own Vistana and not Marriott.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I agree with dioxide45. Though I have an II exchange into Frenchman's Cove and put my Marriott Bonvoy number. The concierge called me and in the call thanked me for being an owner, so they knew somehow that I was. I only own Vistana and not Marriott.
I think the concierge uses a different system (marketing and sales) and it is in their interest to look up your ownership status so they can market you on a sales presentation. For the most part, when I make villa preference requests for an II exchange or getaway, I always point out that I am an owner.

Letnes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok. I will call Vistana and see what they say.

Thank you.

altiste1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Willow Ridge
Marriott Phuket Beach Club
Wyndham Bali Hai
Just to be sure, as a Marriott (resale, non-enrolled weeks) owner, I should get the reduced $164 exchange fee when exchanging into Westin and Sheraton resorts? But will not get the benefit of the Vistana preference period?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Just to be sure, as a Marriott (resale, non-enrolled weeks) owner, I should get the reduced $164 exchange fee when exchanging into Westin and Sheraton resorts? But will not get the benefit of the Vistana preference period?
Yes, you get a discount exchanging into Marriott or Vistana (Westin, Sheraton, Harborside). You do lose the discount if you get a replacement week.
The belief is, but I am not sure that it has been proven, that there is a brief period after the main preference where the other club has small window of preference before all preference is dropped.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Unenrolled weeks should get the discounted exchnage fee and preference period. There is first a Vistana to Vistana priority period, then a possible short preference period after the initial priority expires where Marriott deposits have a preference into Vistana resorts before it is opened up to everyone. This applies for enrolled and unenrolled deposits.

Letnes

TUG Member
Reaction score
So the usual fee is $229 and the discounted fee for Vistana owners without enrolled weeks is $164?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
So the usual fee is $229 and the discounted fee for Vistana owners without enrolled weeks is $164?
yes. You get the discounted rate when exchanging for Vistana or Marriott weeks.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Yes, and for owners with enrolled VOIs the discounted fee is $0.

Letnes

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok. Thank you for the clarification.