• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

II Choose 2 / XYZ Suspended

echino

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYN HCC HWP HYP
HRA KAN WSJ WKV WLR SVV
MCV MKO MM1 MPU MSK
GP7
Valdoro
HHV Lagoon
Choose 2 grid ends in June and there is a note on II website:

Interval is constantly reassessing its business, and at times we determine the need to make changes to our benefits. Choose2 is being suspended as of July 1, 2020 until further notice.

Please check this page for updates, so that you can get back to unleashing the power of 2 as soon as it’s reactivated.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
With the removal of the ability to confirm in to Marriott or Vistana properties (along with some other premier properties), it really made Choose 2 useless for us. I called a few weeks ago to see what may be available and was told the grid was only through July, perhaps June and I misheard. Either case, we hadn't used it since the old XYZ days.

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Us too. It was great in the beginning, but with the way that II hands out AC's like candy, and the fact that you can do your own search with them, I stopped trying to use xyz's.

luv_maui

TUG Member
Reaction score
Us too. It was great in the beginning, but with the way that II hands out AC's like candy, and the fact that you can do your own search with them, I stopped trying to use xyz's.
Yep, I have 3 ACs, and simply tell DW that they’re generally useless, unless you want to go to high inventory places like Orlando or Vegas. Been there, done that enough times. although, I did happen to use an AC once at WKORV.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I had felt AC’s were useless for the last decade. Hard to believe II found a way to devalue them even more.

in 2001 we used an AC for a 2 bedroom ocean side at Marriott’s Ocean Pointe. For a few years they were a valuable part of our vacation planning and, when we couldn’t use all of them we’d collected, we gave them away to friends/family.

as each year passed, we found it more and more difficult to use for anything of decent value. I stopped considering them somewhere around 2010. I stopped depositing with II 2 years ago and have exchanged the last deposit I’d made with them this past month. If my wife hadn’t changed jobs,i wouldn’t have deposited that week.

because that resort uses Club Interval, we were Stuck using interval points. What a horrible devaluation of an expensive week that turned out to be. For the two bedroom unit I depositing, I received enough points to reserve a one bedroom unit in the same resort during the same season, I’ll likely lose the remaining points as they’re not enough for a studio unit anywhere/anytime.

I’m hoping I never have to use II or RCI again. After 22 years of timeshare ownership and exchanging, both major systems have devalued so much I don’t see any value for me.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I've got a deposit in II that expires in May of 2021 (from a cancellation of our Spring Break trip). My membership expires next week, and I'm seriously considering not even renewing it at this point. It would be a shame to waste that deposit, but I'm not convinced I'm going to find anything to use it on.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I've got a deposit in II that expires in May of 2021 (from a cancellation of our Spring Break trip). My membership expires next week, and I'm seriously considering not even renewing it at this point. It would be a shame to waste that deposit, but I'm not convinced I'm going to find anything to use it on.
Why not put in an ongoing search? Or book something in May 2021, then add eplus to get an extra year of exchange options? Or are you talking about one of the replacement certificates? In which case, I understand the limitations. I wouldn't let it expire unused though, because I am a cheapskate. I'd be searching 'round the clock to find something. (Not criticizing you, just making fun of myself).

Maybe start a thread on the sightings board where people can post sightings on that certificate (similar to the thread about the freebie certificates). I thought that the replacement certificate had a bit more trade power but I can't remember where I saw that. That way people could give each other a heads up about available inventory.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Why not put in an ongoing search? Or book something in May 2021, then add eplus to get an extra year of exchange options? Or are you talking about one of the replacement certificates? In which case, I understand the limitations. I wouldn't let it expire unused though, because I am a cheapskate. I'd be searching 'round the clock to find something. (Not criticizing you, just making fun of myself).

It was issued as a replacement certificate, with no availability to put in an OGS. It does pull in quite a bit more inventory than the normal ACs. In order to use it though I will have to pay at least $99 to renew my membership for the year. And I'm already pushing all of my Wyndham points out a year or two.