• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

If you're an upper Midwesterner of my age, you might appreciate this

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
A walk down memory lane!
The Grain Belt brand is now owned by August Shell Brewing in New Ulm. They make a really good beer, Grain Belt Nordeast, that reminds me of a good German beer. The Nordeast name is a nod to one of the sections of Minneapolis that was originally home to many of the immigrants from Germany, Poland and other nearby countries.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the 1960s, the WDGY transmitter towers were located on a field next to I-35W at about 94th Street in Bloomington. There were lots of situations of their signal leaking into other audio equipment.

The church that my family attended was located at 92nd and Lyndale, and the signal often came through the speakers came through there. I remembering one time listening to a sermon while the Stones "Let's Spend the Night Together" was clearly audible in the background.
I'll bet the DJ knew what he was doing! :D

vikingsholm

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My family and I moved to San Diego in the early 1970s, when I was an early teen. So my favorite weather personality shifted to Doug OIiver at KFMB-8 (he was well-loved here, as was Bud Kraehling in the Twin Cities), and my top 40 AM stations became KGB and KCBQ, along with KHJ Los Angeles. Switched to FM stations a year or two later.
My family moved from San Diego to Minnesota shortly before I was born, so I never got to grow up or live in San Diego, which I would have really enjoyed.

But I moved to the SF Bay Area in my early 20s and have been loving it here ever since. Can't say that I really miss Hamms beer, WCCO, or 30 degrees below zero....

Funny though, I remember all of those old jingles mentioned in this thread.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
My family moved from San Diego to Minnesota shortly before I was born, so I never got to grow up or live in San Diego, which I would have really enjoyed.

But I moved to the SF Bay Area in my early 20s and have been loving it here ever since. Can't say that I really miss Hamms beer, WCCO, or 30 degrees below zero....

Funny though, I remember all of those old jingles mentioned in this thread.
Nope, I don't miss them either, especially the 30 below. But I missed San Diego terribly after I moved away to go to college (to the Bay Area, incidentally), and then to Colorado. Finally got back here in the late 80s, and stayed here ever since and never regretted it.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
But I moved to the SF Bay Area in my early 20s and have been loving it here ever since.
I moved to the Bay Area in my early 20s, and settled in on the west coast. I never considered moving back to the Midwest as any kind of option. Had I done so, it's likely that I would have made the move sans wife, and also shy a few body parts.

vikingsholm

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Nope, I don't miss them either, especially the 30 below. But I missed San Diego terribly after I moved away to go to college (to the Bay Area, incidentally), and then to Colorado. Finally got back here in the late 80s, and stayed here ever since and never regretted it.
I could happily live in the San Diego area too, though I give the nod to the Bay Area overall, while visiting San Diego area (at Welk) and nearby Newport Coast and Palm Desert Marriotts as often as possible.