• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

If you own at Club Regina Cabo - a question

mlsmn

TUG Member
Reaction score
if you own a floating week 1-50 what kind of trades thru RCI have you gotten?
What size unit did you trade?

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
mlsmn said:
if you own a floating week 1-50 what kind of trades thru RCI have you gotten?
What size unit did you trade?
I haven't even bothered to register my Raintree ownership with RCI. Club Regina non-points memberships are notorioiusly bad traders within RCI.

If you want to trade Club Regina, SFX is a much better option. But be aware that SFX does not accept off-season deposits from Club Regina.

rlblack

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We own Club Regina/Raintree Vacation points,- through a bonus week we got a 2 bedroom/2 bath unit at Orange Lake Country Clug-in Orlando, and it was a nice unit- we have just traded for a 2 bedroom/2 bath at Sheridan Vistana Villages and got a wonderful unit. Both times just called the Raintree Vacations representative and got the dates and units we wanted. We normally stay at a Raintree Vacation resorts, and have always been able to reserve the week and unit we wanted, have had great units and great service. We enjoy going to the Club Regina resorts in Mexico so don't trade much outside the Raintree system. Did try to get units outside the Raintree system in Cancun last year and were not so successful. I think it depends on the rep. you get and when you call Raintree- some more helpful than others.

Ruth

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
When you call Raintree reservations, you're actually calling RCI. Raintree outsourced the entire reservations program.

quiltergal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I noticed that last year Steve when I booked Kona. Having a Raintree VG was supposed to be one of the big selling points of RVC. I wish Raintree would do a better job communicating with their members. Maybe it's time to send an email... ;)

To keep this on topic, I've never traded my Club Regina weeks outside of the Raintree system. I've got my work cut out for me trying to get to all the Raintree locations I can visit without exchanging! :)

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
quiltergal said:
To keep this on topic, I've never traded my Club Regina weeks outside of the Raintree system. I've got my work cut out for me trying to get to all the Raintree locations I can visit without exchanging! :)
That's the way we look at it, too. Raintree had resorts in so many locations we wanted to visit, that it really lessened our interest in exchanging. We could be quite happy just picking a Raintree lcoation to visit ievery year.

As a bonus, after we bought I figured out that I could split our Platinum and get two weeks. By properly selecting a week to rent, I could recoup our maintenance with one week, leaving the other week available for free use or for a second rental to actually make a small profit.

geoand

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
quiltergal said:
I noticed that last year Steve when I booked Kona. Having a Raintree VG was supposed to be one of the big selling points of RVC. I wish Raintree would do a better job communicating with their members. Maybe it's time to send an email... ;)

Just curious, did you book the RVC Kona units? If so, what were they like?

Last edited by a moderator:

quiltergal

TUG Member
Reaction score
geo, I haven't seen the Kona units yet, just a picture from the Visions newsletter. Looks like they have done a lot of refurbishing, but even so I don't think it is close to Gold Crown standards. What is nice about it is it's an ocean front property within walking distance of a very nice beach. For the amount of time we spend in the condo while in Hawaii I don't think it will be a big problem for us. I'll be happy to post an update when we get back the end of July. I booked this week through Club Regina as Kona Reef now is part of Club Regina.

vicneo

Reaction score
yeah i too would like to know about the kona resorts if you go there
it looks klike it used to be a dump

so if it is upgraded - let us know

quiltergal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll be sure to report back. Like I said I don't have Gold Crown expectations, but the picture does look nice. New kitchen cabinets, new furnishings etc. Hopefully they didn't redo just one unit! :eek: Guinea pig reporting for duty! ;)

bjasrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
RCI Searches for RVC members

Is anyone else frustrated by the fact that we RVC members can only Utilize RCI searches during RVC hours, Monday thru Friday? It's bad enough that we can't search online but these time constraints make exchanging for us nearly impossible! I tried to get around this by calling RCI and using a weeks Vacation Couselor only to have her tell me I have a "Special" Line to call and tell me via recorded message mind you, that "Our offices are Closed please call back during regular business Hours!!!" Arrrrrrrgh! Is it just me? It certainly seems as though these special priveleges with RCI and "Search First" ect.... are a bunch of Baloney! Why can't RCI VC's search for us?
Has anyone had better Luck? Please let me know your secret!!!!!

quiltergal

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have used RVC's RCI desk only once. I believe I called on a Saturday. I was doing multiple things, reserved a week at Club Regina Los Cabos and asked the guy on the phone about an exchange I had just made with a week from a different resort through RCI. He was able to see the transaction but told be the RCI VC had not used my oldest week for the exchange. He fixed it for me. All in all he spent about 45 mins on the phone with me explaining the somewhat murkey way RVC works. He was VERY helpful. That said, I believe RVC has since outsourced their exchange call center to RCI. I don't know if the "search first " perk still applies, but it might be worth an email to RVC. Here's a link to contact them by phone or email. From the tone of the last newsletter it sounds like they want to hear from us if we aren't happy.

Raintree Vacation Club

Be aware that this website is a work in progress, but it looks like a step in the right direction to me. It's certainly more information than we had before. ;)

Last edited:

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
quiltergal said:
... I don't know if the "search first " perk still applies, but it might be worth an email to RVC.
When it comes to exchannging through RCI, there is a big difference between Club Regina/ Rainteree Vacation Club and and Raintree Vacation Club Powered by RCI Points. IIUC, "Search First" is available only for Powered by RCI Points option. Further, Powered by Points is a very string trader, as you get the full value of your week in RCI Points. With the non-points CR and RVC memberships, you have to live with Club Regina bulk banking, which seldom gives you a week with decent trade power.

quiltergal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, for a change I got the good one. My week is Enhanced by Points. I presume that is the same thing as powered by. That was one of the big selling points for me.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
quiltergal said:
Wow, for a change I got the good one. My week is Enhanced by Points. I presume that is the same thing as powered by. That was one of the big selling points for me.
Yep - I said "powered by" but I guess the correct term is "enhanced by".