• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

If you had a FREE trip, where would you go ?

jlf58

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
If someone gave you 100,000 air miles for 2 people and a FREE week in any Marriott Hotel, where would you use them ? Take the following into consideration. Which airline gives the best bank for the buck with 100K miles ? I am leaving from Orlando and will probably travel this fall.

TIA

rsnash

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Unless you are able to find the supersaver type of reward flights, 100K miles will only get you RT airfare for 1 person.

indyhorizons

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unless you are able to find the supersaver type of reward flights, 100K miles will only get you RT airfare for 1 person.

That's not necessarily true. You can fly to Hawaii for as little as 35K miles on several airlines, and can most likely still get a non-supersaver flight for 50K per person. That being said, if one plans far enough in advance, you can fly to Europe for 50K per person (NWA).

jlf58

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We don't even have a location yet :) ?
Actually by going in the Fall, I am hoping to get super saving rates for the miles. Suggestions ?

lll1929

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can definate go to Aruba for a week and stay at Marriott Stellaris. 3 people could go in the fall if you book with American Airlines.

Hawaii is also another option.

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try St. Kitts

usually very expensive flights to get to St. Kitts, plus the Marriott resort is excellent!

Going to Italy might be another option.

Latravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
It depends where you have been. I would choose Paris if you are going in early fall and if you have never been there. It is a magical city and Marriott has some really great hotels there, such as the Marriott Champs Elysee.

I would not go anywhere in the Caribbean during September since that is the heart of their hurricane season. If you want a beach, Hawaii would be ok if you go later in the fall, though it's still not their best time of year.

For the time period you stated, Europe (Paris, Italy, Greece) has the best weather and also the least crowds, which means lower cost for everything.

What a nice dilema to be in!

LDT

Reaction score
You can definate go to Aruba for a week and stay at Marriott Stellaris. 3 people could go in the fall if you book with American Airlines.

Hawaii is also another option.

Aruba gets my vote also, especially in the fall.

welshhope

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not sure if that amount of airmiles will get you there but if it is a fantasy - question I would not hesitate in going to the JW or Marriott Beach resort Phuket without a doubt luxery, service and location it ticks all the boxes. IMHO.
:cheer:

capjak

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC BC & SSR, Marriott GV+MVC Pts, WKORV & SVV, HGVC Flamingo
Costa Rica

New JW Marriott in Costa Rica

gores95

TUG Member
Reaction score
What airline's hub is Orlando? I know CO air is 25K per person domestic and 35K per person international. If you are talking about the fall note you might be travelling during hurricane season...I would avoid the Caribbean. What type of vacation are you looking for? Beach, sightsee, ski??

I vote Hawaii or perhaps Phuket, Thailand!!!!

jlf58

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We love the beach but probably will pass on the Caribbean as I have been to Aruba many times and also have been to St Kitts. All the other suggestions sound great. I think we want beach with a little sighseeing. Then again we have never been to France or Italy.

What airline's hub is Orlando? I know CO air is 25K per person domestic and 35K per person international. If you are talking about the fall note you might be travelling during hurricane season...I would avoid the Caribbean. What type of vacation are you looking for? Beach, sightsee, ski??

I vote Hawaii or perhaps Phuket, Thailand!!!!

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
We love the beach but probably will pass on the Caribbean as I have been to Aruba many times and also have been to St Kitts. All the other suggestions sound great. I think we want beach with a little sighseeing. Then again we have never been to France or Italy.
Hey Fletch,
I believe you and DW would LOVE Paris!
Great touristy stuff, museums to see, fabulous restaurants, nice day trips and very easy to get around with public transpo ....and the Marriott Champs-Elysées is wonderful- stayed with DD last year.

My other thought would be Phuket - a beachy location but totally different then the Caribbean but I don't think u have enough FF miles.
Or if France seems daunting, try London (as u speak the language :D )

Last edited:

Latravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well, if you don't have to stay the 7 nts in one location, why not combine sightseeing/city and beach? We usually try to mix our vacation that way.

For example, Paris and the French Riviera (Monte Carlo)? In Italy, you could go to Rome and Capri. For our honeymoon a few years ago, we went to Athens and the Greek islands. It's a nice mix.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
If you've never been to Italy, Rome is amazing.

Lotsa good choices...can't go wrong with any of them.

jlf58

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have to find out if I can split the 7 nights. If I can, than I will probably make it 2 locations

Well, if you don't have to stay the 7 nts in one location, why not combine sightseeing/city and beach? We usually try to mix our vacation that way.

For example, Paris and the French Riviera (Monte Carlo)? In Italy, you could go to Rome and Capri. For our honeymoon a few years ago, we went to Athens and the Greek islands. It's a nice mix.

Scott_Ru

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rome - Marriott Grand Hotel Flora!

Maria

[Agreed! Rome is our favorite city in the world ... and we gleefully accept that many others have other favorites. But Rome is spectacular, and the Flora is a marvelous "old world" hotel. Alas, it is not really "in" the Marriott system and you may not get all 7 days as part of your reward package. But pay the remaining days and enjoy Rome. The location is marvelous (easy walking to the Spanish Steps). Have a great time wherever you choose to go.]

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think Europe is the best bang for the buck using a free stay or MR points. The cost of nice hotels in Europe makes it a great option for a MR stay.

I enjoy Italy, France, Germany, Austria, Switzerland & England. Amsterdam and Copenhagen are also great destinations. I spent 6 months on a study abroad program in Salzburg and loved it!!

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
I'd pick Rome.