• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

If I buy an EOY, do I pay club dues and fees each year?

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
I am looking at buying some HGVC points and was trying to calculate my annual dues. If I buy an EOY, do I pay $150 each year or every other year?

For example, if I buy an EOY Las Vegas strip 5000 Gold and EY annual fees are $802.57 (not including the $150 club dues) according to the sticky, would my dues be 1/2 of the EY fees...$401.29 each year....or do I only pay every other year? And then if I only pay every other year, do I pay the $150 every other year, too?

Sorry if this has been asked before :shrug:.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
I am looking at buying some HGVC points and was trying to calculate my annual dues. If I buy an EOY, do I pay $150 each year or every other year?

For example, if I buy an EOY Las Vegas strip 5000 Gold and EY annual fees are $802.57 (not including the $150 club dues) according to the sticky, would my dues be 1/2 of the EY fees...$401.29 each year....or do I only pay every other year? And then if I only pay every other year, do I pay the $150 every other year, too?

Sorry if this has been asked before :shrug:.

You pay $150 every year. That gives you the opportunity to use the club benefits every year like open season cash stays and borrowing from the next year, etc.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
You pay $150 every year. That gives you the opportunity to use the club benefits every year like open season cash stays and borrowing from the next year, etc.

Really? It's been a long time since our ownership was EOY but I only recall paying the fee's EOY along with our MF's. Like I said, it's been a long time and my memory isn't as good as I'd like to believe.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Really? It's been a long time since our ownership was EOY but I only recall paying the fee's EOY along with our MF's. Like I said, it's been a long time and my memory isn't as good as I'd like to believe.

Yep, its in the club rules booklet.

"FEES
Each Member must pay annual Club Dues.
Additionally, certain reservations and
transactions require a fee per reservation/
transaction. Annual Club Dues are $150 for
Members residing in the US or Canada and
$194 for Members residing outside the US
or Canada. Owners at West 57th Street by
Hilton Club may be offered an inclusive
payment option that includes annual Club
Dues ($263 for Members residing in the US
or Canada and $294 for Members residing
outside the US or Canada), plus unlimited
Home Resort and Club reservation fees
priced at $116 or less"

http://www.hgvclubprogram.com/content/1Rules-ENG-010116.pdf

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC

Thanks for the quick reply. It seems less expensive per point to own an EY than an EOY in this case.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Annual Dues... The theory seems to be that, although you only "own" EOY, you can use the Club on off-years by playing with your points.

The phrase "maintenance fees" are not mentioned in the rules, 'cept in connection with bonus points. I think that's becuz they're a condition of holding title, and not technically connected with activities of the Club.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
That's REALLY weird because I'm nearly 100% certain I only received a bill EOY. I am 100
5 certain we never received a bill for Club Dues only. Perhaps HGVC has corrected that loop hole since we "upgraded" our ownership to EY. Personally, I've always thought it was in any HOA's best interest to bill owners annually rather than semi-annually, collecting 50% of the then current MF's, even in non-usage years. It seems to me they'd be getting an averaged amount of the annual MF increases vs just what ever the fee is for the owners usage year only.

Last edited:

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
That's REALLY weird because I'm nearly 100% certain I only received a bill EOY.

Is it possible that they charged you for 2 years on your annual bill?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the quick reply. It seems less expensive per point to own an EY than an EOY in this case.
Not necessarily, consider owning a 4800 EY versus 9600 EOY. Obviously the buy in cost and length of use will also affect the comparison.

Sent from my STUDIO ENERGY using Tapatalk

Last edited:

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Is it possible that they charged you for 2 years on your annual bill?

OK, so I went back to my archives (I save past MF bills and paid receipts). It looks as if we upgraded from the Karen Ave EOY deed to the LV BLV property BEFORE they would have billed us in an off usage year, which would explain why I don't recall ever getting a bill in a non-usage year. That would explain why I'm recalling this incorrectly. I didn't realize we "upgraded" to the new property so quickly.

Last edited:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
OK, so I went back to my archives (I save past MF bills and paid receipts). It looks as if we upgraded from the Karen Ave EOY deed to the LV BLV property BEFORE they would have billed us in an off usage year, which would explain why I don't recall ever getting a bill in a non-usage year. That would explain why I'm recalling this incorrectly. I didn't realize we "upgraded" to the new property so quickly.

My first purchase in 2001 was eoy even, then I added an eoy odd. I was always billed club dues on the first contract, so in the odd years I got two bills, one for mf on the odd contract and one for club dues on the even contract.

This one was from 2011.

2b72826b9426110df0d7eddb48bbbbef.jpg

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
My first purchase in 2001 was eoy even, then I added an eoy odd. I was always billed club dues on the first contract, so in the odd years I got two bills, one for mf on the odd contract and one for club dues on the even contract.

My situation is somewhat similar.

I owned 4 EY affiliate weeks prior to 2001, and my club fee was associated with one of those contracts. In 2001, I purchased an EOY even at an HGVC resort. My club fees were transferred to that contract, and every year since on even years that contract has mf's and club fee, and on odd years, that contract has club fees only. None of the other contracts has a club fee associated with it.

PDXGolfer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Definitely. Our first HGVC ownership also was an EOY, and we have been paying the club fee every year (including the "off"/non-usage year).