• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

IBD-Marketing

BeemerGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever heard of this company (IBD-Marketing)?? They claim to be able to get me a price that is way high so it's tempting but everything I'm reading here says "don't do it". They charge a marketing fee up front.....
Let me know if you have dealt with them.
Thanks

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
"Marketing fee upfront" and a "price way too high"...hmmmm...trust your instincts and RUN!

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
BeemerGuy said:
everything I'm reading here says "don't do it". They charge a marketing fee up front.....
DON'T DO IT. NEVER PAY AN UPFRONT FEE TO SELL A TIMESHARE--THEY WON'T SELL IT AND YOU WON'T GET YOUR MONEY BACK.

OFFER THEM A COMMISSION JUST LIKE A REAL ESTATE AGENT WOULD UPON THE SALE OF THE PROPERTY, AND YOU'LL LIKELY NEVER HEAR FROM THEM AGAIN.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
For practical advice on how to successfully sell your timeshare without getting scammed (including upfront fees), please read the "how to sell" article located at the top of the list of topics for this Buying, Selling, Renting forum.

BeemerGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
IBD marketing

Yeah.........I know. I wanted to hear that someone got a zillion dollars from them. Fear not....I'll run

WiserNow10

Reaction score
IBD - Scammed me

I waited for 2 years for IBD to sell my timeshare. I called regularly. Finally, While in Florida, I personally went to their office in Pompano Beach. They had just moved and Richard gave me $50 for my trouble in coming. I can NO longer reach them by phone or e-mail. I googled IBD Marketing and "RipOff.com came up. I am now getting postcards from Resort Timeshare in Pompano Beach Fl. Could it be the same people scamming more people? Who lives in Pompano Beach who would check for us????

krissydee

Reaction score
You should check rip off report, they have a ton of complaints.

I believe they pick a price, meaning some people get charged 200, some 1000
They give timesframes of 60-90 days to sell then it doesn't sell.

Right now the website is offline and phone lines are disconnected, also they're gone from the Pompano beach location.

I managed to find a new address for them if anyone wants to try it.

370 HAND AVE
ORMOND BEACH FL 32174