• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I was worrying that all that candy would go to waste (instead of waist)!

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
Dear See’s Customer,

We are grateful for your continued support and loyalty during these challenging times. Quality Without Compromise and providing unparalleled customer service has been our North Star for the past 99 years.

We know that you expect the very best from us, and we realize how disappointing it is that we are not able to deliver some of your favorite candies during a time that we all need comfort from a familiar friend. We sincerely apologize for this inconvenience and understand that for many of you See’s is an Easter tradition that will be missed this year.

We are committed to the health and safety of our employees, and respect the direction from California authorities, where we make and ship all of our product, to focus on staying home, staying healthy and ensuring we are all taking care of one another.

We feel it is critical to honor and prioritize those values even above what we love most, delighting you with the best candy you can find anywhere. Even during Easter (a very consequential time for our business) and even though we had already made all of our holiday product, we’ve chosen the health of our employees and supporting safe communities first.

I am particularly saddened that the hard work from our talented artisans who decorate our eggs, and the many wonderful treats that our See’s team delights in providing to you, won’t make it to your tables and baskets this year. That means that we know we are letting many of you down. When we do resume operations, we will be even more committed than ever to providing you with the freshest and best candy on the planet, paired with our exceptional service.

As a part of our core values, we feel strongly that it is important to support workers on the front line and those in need. We are finding ways to give back to our communities by donating candy to local organizations like the YMCA and Meals on Wheels here at our headquarters as well as other communities with a See’s store. In addition, we continue to contribute candy to food banks, hospital staff and first responder organizations. We encourage everyone to find a way to reach out and support those in need and those who are helping all of us.

We are honored to be part of your sweet traditions, and our entire See’s family is working hard to make sure our employees are safe and focused on the best path forward. Please make no mistake—See’s isn’t going anywhere. We’ve been around for nearly a century, and we can’t wait to serve you for another 100 years. Like you, we recognize that this situation requires our serious attention, and in our case that means taking a pause to review and make changes to our daily business, and in turn depriving you of your favorite candies. We truly appreciate your continued patience and understanding throughout this time.

Wishing you a Sweet and Happy Easter,
Pat Egan, President & CEO 210 El Camino Real, South San Francisco, CA 94080

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
How sweet they are donating all their Easter candy. Will brighten the spirits of many even if just for a moment.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
What a nice message. There are doing 2 very nice things, one to protect their employees and the other to donate to charities. I got to admit I do not like See's candies but taste is very personal. Kudos to them.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Easter candy is going to be cheap in a few days. WalMart had a lot of candy in the aisles.

I need to stay away from the stores after Easter. Those Cadbury creme eggs are calling my name, but I am not answering.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I grew up eating Sees candy. One of my high school graduation gifts was a box of dark chocolate nuts and chews. (And that was 50+ years ago).

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
I had planned to mail order See’s for Easter (as usual) until they sent out the letter about suspending production (about 2 days after my Easter catalog arrived).

This really hurts them...they do a huge percentage of their annual sales between Feb and May (Val Day, Easter, Mother’s Day).

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Fred Meyers (Krogers) has had Easter Candy deeply discounted for several days.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
I had planned to mail order See’s for Easter (as usual) until they sent out the letter about suspending production (about 2 days after my Easter catalog arrived).

This really hurts them...they do a huge percentage of their annual sales between Feb and May (Val Day, Easter, Mother’s Day).

I ordered on March 18 -- mainly because our local Marine Mammal Care Center was advertising to order through their fund raiser. I was going to order anyway, so why not help them out. We dropped off little Easter boxes for my mother and sister, and a Bordeaux egg for my dad on Tuesday, and ate the pound of nuts and chews the weekend it arrived. Have managed to leave the assorted chocolate pound alone so far, trying to make it to Saturday evening at least before opening it so we'll have some left for Easter. At this point it looks like Mother's Day is going to be a washout.