• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

i want to sell my time share

waleed40044

Reaction score
hello everybody

i tried to find the real value of my time share so basically i tried to find my resort at TUG since its a very well known place for timeshare owners but i was struck when i didn't find any classified ad listings for my resort. my resort name and details are:

[Details removed. Stating you wish to sell, then giving details turns this into an advertisement, which is prohibited on this board. You state you have already placed an ad in the TUG Classified Ads (Timeshare Marketplace) for which there is a link in the red bar at the top of the page. - Makai Guy, BBS Administrator]

i own a one week floating can be taken any time and day of the year. you can even take 2 or 3 weeks in a raw.
1 bedroom 1 bathroom maximum occupancy of 4 in the red season
and its a lockout
i am with the interval international
this is my timeshare in their site

[link removed - mg]

i bought this timeshare in 2006 and used it that year and now work and family
are things preventing me from using it. now i have 2 weeks i am not using.

i am now thinking of sell it. i snooooooped around and search the net up and down and found that the real value of my property was increased since i bought it. it worth now around $12000 to $15000 .

please advise me weather if its a good idea to sell it now or not.
give me your recommendations and advise.

i am actually thinking of selling it with the original price that i bought it with.

i already listed an ad at the classified ads at TUG to sell my timeshare resort [details removed] and i also listed an ad for renting my time share.

please give me your thoughts on what you think i should do.

thanks

Waleed Alzahrani
Boston, Massachusetts

Last edited by a moderator:

Toughbeat

TUG Member
Reaction score
i already listed an ad at the classified ads at TUG to sell my timeshare resort [details removed] and i also listed an ad for renting my time share.

Waleed Alzahrani
Boston, Massachusetts

hmmm and here i thought u had to be a TUG member to place an ad....:doh:

is it just me or does this sound like an ad too?

Last edited by a moderator:

waleed40044

Reaction score
hmmm and here i thought u had to be a TUG member to place an ad....:doh:

is it just me or does this sound like an ad too?

loooool
:hysterical:

i really not only want to tell you that i placed an ad but really want your advise

i am here seeking your advise in weather or not sell my time share

i really was thinking hard this week and ask my self a lot before posting this
DO I HAVE TO SELL IT OR NOT?

if you have any recommendations or advise believe me i will conceder it seriously.

i am in a position where i am not sure if i should sell it or keep it

i heard and read a lot about time share and their expensive fees and all

but thank god mine doesn't have that expensive fees and thats why i am in a position where i ask my self weather i should sell it or not

i hope i was able to let you feel what i am feeling
and thanks

waleed40044

Reaction score
Wow. That's cool. I've never spent even a night in Tunisia.

its really a great place but i had one problem though.. i wasn't used to eat sea food all the time.. i would say that 70% of the food their was sea food
but all and all is a really good place specially if you are a diver cause you can do what i did rent a luxurious boat for one week including diving equipment, captain and a cook and both are divers for around $800 for 4 persons which was a really great deal for a week period.

i really loved that place and had a really great memories

Garnet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbrisa 2,31 MNCV 52, MSR 52, MDSV2, FSA
Hmmmm...TS going up in price?

Bet they have great fishing there too....

waleed40044

Reaction score
i originally bought it for $11300 and when i was surfing the net in more than one advertising companies where listing it from 12000 t0 15000

i know its not much rise but it is an increase

i am new at this and since i bought my time share in 2006 i never thought of selling it until this past week so i still really don't have enough info on how much is the real value of my timeshare

but thanks anyway.. and before i forget..
thank you Garnet for your remark.. though i didn't like the sound of it..

thanks anyway

but i really wanted advise on what to do and how to do it and an advise if i am doing the right thing or not.. i wasn't looking for smart remarks

thanks again

Sunterra

Reaction score
While this board is international, it is dominated by US members who do not normally pick Tunisia for vacations or ownership. You seem to not have read enough to realize that your timeshare is worth at most $1.00 on the resale market. That's right, 100 pennies; you can call this a smart remark, too, but it is the truth. You need to read all you can before you get 'taken' by unscrupulous advertising entities.

i originally bought it for $11300 and when i was surfing the net in more than one advertising companies where listing it from 12000 t0 15000

i know its not much rise but it is an increase

i am new at this and since i bought my time share in 2006 i never thought of selling it until this past week so i still really don't have enough info on how much is the real value of my timeshare

but thanks anyway.. and before i forget..
thank you Garnet for your remark.. though i didn't like the sound of it..

thanks anyway

but i really wanted advise on what to do and how to do it and an advise if i am doing the right thing or not.. i wasn't looking for smart remarks

thanks again

rsnash

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
As the above poster mentioned, the resale value is far less than you think. Since the MF is very low, it is probably best for you to hold it and try to do exchanges for vacations you can use. If you can't use them personally, they make great gifts. You just do the exchange and buy a guest certificate. Or, you can try to rent your week out. However, you cannot rent out a traded week, only the week you reserve at your actual home resort.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
i originally bought it for $11300 and when i was surfing the net in more than one advertising companies where listing it from 12000 t0 15000 i know its not much rise but it is an increase

With all due respect, you must first understand and accept that any figures you see posted by "advertising companies" (for any timeshare anywhere, not just yours) are going to be inflated, unrealistic, and not in any way representative of the actual resale market value of the timeshare. I know that's not necessarily what you want to hear, but it is nonetheless the plain and simple truth. Inflated advertising listings and actual resale market value are usually just entire worlds apart.

I don't claim to know how you can actually determine the true resale market value of a Tunisia timeshare. I do know, however, that the resale value figure will not be determined or in any way influenced by whatever amount you paid originally. If you can search through "closed auctions" listings on eBay, you might find a comparable "sold" week, but I'm betting that is probably not very likely for a timeshare in Tunisia. No cost to at least check for "completed sales", however...

Also, assuming that your inquiry is genuine and sincere (I'm not entirely certain...) have you inquired directly of the timeshare facility itself, to see if they have any sort of resale program, or if they can offer you any other suggestions for more geographically local exposure and / or resale avenues?

Last edited:

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am unsure about the OP, as he has been trolling for deals. Although he has a limited number of posts, he has offered to use II exchanges to get others into Hawaii and requested in another instance that he be emailed for a deal and now this blatant ad. Either the OP is completely ignorant of the rules of TUG and II or he chooses to ignore them - in either case a potential problem for those that choose to deal with him.

A quick check of his resort shows that there are no completed eBay sales (which likely represents the true value - not even worth listing) and listings on other sites are at half of the above post.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
If you really want to sell your timeshare, carefully read and follow the advice in this How to Sell Your Timeshare article. That advice will give you a decent chance of selling (if there is a resale market for your timeshare) without getting scammed by upfront-fee companies that won't do anything for you.

Toughbeat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Waleed..

IF you're being sincere about only seeking advice and NOT using this forum as a way for you to advertise renting (as I've read your other posts) or selling
your TS, then it would behoove you to read up on TS resales DO'S and DONT'S here.

Any postcard company can offer to sell your timeshare and will paint a pretty picture for you when they tell you how much money they can get you for your TS. But the proof is in VERIFIABLE AND COMPLETED sales of identical TS to yours (that is, same unit type, same resort, same week, etc).

But to think that your TS can fetch close to the original developer price, or that your TS has been going up in value is just not accurate in today's market and today's economy. Just browse the myriad of TS resales on ebay and you'll see that many are going for a single dollar! ..and some still don't sell! I know because I bought one for $1.50 (one dollar fifty cents) myself.

One last thing: when searching How to sell your TS here, you will find an overwhelming consensus of advice telling you NOT to EVER EVER pay upfront fees to a company to sell your TS for you. Let them take their commission from the completed sale and also insist that they put IN WRITING that they can get you that much money or they would make up the difference (good luck getting them to do this).

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
To simplify matters, just keep it.

waleed40044

Reaction score
thank you all for all what you have posted

i really don't know what to say

it seems to me that it better for me and my family to keep this time share for the time been

and as some of you guessed.. i am new at this.. i never rented my time share nor used my II for trading to rent it for others ( i always assumed that i can do the but if i can't please teach me cause i am here to learn)

i am a newbie so forgive my ignorance on how to deal with my time share and tell me please what are the roles on how to rent them and can i use my II membership to rent those timeshares for others?

the company that i bought my time share from (International Holidays in Bahrain) explained to me that i can.. maybe i was scamed.. maybe not.. please tell me the roles

i have 2 or 3 main questions:

1)how can i rent my timeshare? and can that week be used in other areas than my time share since i am a member of II?

2) can i rent the weeks that i have with II? if yes then will it be anywhere in the world?

3) i have banked weeks since 2006.. what can i do with them and if i want to rent them how can i do that and will it be only in my timeshare in tunisia or will it be anywhere like the II?

please help me understand and teach me.. i am a member now since 2 days so i am really new..

thank you all

waleed40044

Reaction score
i almost forgot..

most of you advised me not to put my TS with a company that take an upfront fees

so where should i post it?

can you give me some likes and websites that don't take upfront fees?

thank you all again

yumdrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
You can list your timeshare in "TUG market place" or "redweek.com" or "ebay".
You cannot rent the exchanged week through II.
If you want to rent your timeshare, reserve the best week possible (such as 7/4 week) and put ads into TUG, redweek or ebay.
I also recommend you to keep your timeshare. Now the market is so depressed, most likely, you need to pay something (partial closing cost) to sell your timeshare.

calgarygary

TUG Member
Reaction score
waleed40044, sorry for my earlier comment as you have apparently been misled (you're not exactly unique in this) by your timeshare salesman/company. TUG has a rule about posting ads - you are not allowed to do it in the forums. Use the forums to ask questions and share your knowledge but never for promoting the sale or rental of properties. Familiarize yourself with the stickies on selling and renting and you will gain valuable information to assist you in those goals. You are not allowed to rent properties that you have obtained through II.

e.bram

Reaction score
I would say most TUG poaters(including myself) don't know where Tunisia is or how to get there, much less rent or buy a Tunisian TS.

Garnet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbrisa 2,31 MNCV 52, MSR 52, MDSV2, FSA
Sorry about the fishing comment...

Sorry-I owe you an apology about TS price going up and "bet there is great fishing thee too". Sounded like and ad to me... Before you ask anymore questions, I second the comments about reading previous posts. They will answer most of your questions. As others have said, I think you will likely have to pay to rid yourself o this TS. Might as well keep and enjoy. Good luck.

CatLovers

TUG Member
Reaction score
C'mon let's give ourselves a little more credit!

I would say most TUG poaters(including myself) don't know where Tunisia is

Try an atlas, or even just a Google map. ;)

Okay, I'm going out on a limb here :) , and I'm going to say that most people KNOW where Tunisia is ... Seems to me that recently, someone famous was accused of not knowing that Africa was a continent. Don't know if that accusation was true or not, but I find it hard to believe that everyone doesn't have at least a basic knowledge of the geography of this world we live in! Or at least the knowledge to look it up in seconds online.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Try an atlas, or even just a Google map. ;)

Okay, I'm going out on a limb here :) , and I'm going to say that most people KNOW where Tunisia is ... online.

I would think that if you did a survey you would find most people don't. I am sad to say that I didn't until I looked it up and I do have a fairly good grasp of world geography. Unfortunatly in the US world geography or world news in general is not something you see and hear regularily.

Larry

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Since Tunisia is in Northern Africa and on the mediterranean I think this would be a better vacation destination for Europeans so check out this website and I'm sure they could help you there http://www.timesharetalk.co.uk/.

The website listed above is similar to TUG which is more US based timeshare owners while Timesharetalk is UK and European based.

Good luck:hi: :cheer:

teepeeca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Waleed 40044

Hello,

One thing that you said "caught my eye", and I think I should respond.

I believe you said that you have banked your week(s) with II since 2006. I hope you know that banked weeks "EXPIRE" after a certain amount of time, usually 2 years. If you do not use the banked week within that timeframe, YOU LOSE IT !!! You cannot just "bank it", and then have use of it many years in the future.

(I met one couple that was using RCI as their exchange company, and had banked their weeks with them for a SEVEN year period. They thought that they could take a 2 month vacation/holiday, using their banked weeks. When I informed them that they had "lost" many of their weeks, they thought I was lying to them. I had them call RCI in my presence, and they learned the "correct" facts, that they had lost 5 years worth of weeks, and the 6th year was about to expire. They thanked me for the information, but were very sad that they didn't learn the true facts regarding exchanging.)

Tony