• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I need slow cooker recipes, please!!!

Jestjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
How about gluten, casein and soy free? (So far.) There is soy in just about everything...........

Jbart74

TUG Member
Reaction score
How about gluten, casein and soy free? (So far.) There is soy in just about everything...........

OUCH! :doh: That's quite a package of no-no's! I feel for you. It took me 3 years to figure out just the Gluten thing to an acceptable nutritional and tasty level! You have my respect and sympathy.

John

MNMary

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm been gluten free for only a year. Made a roast in the crockpot today. Lipton onion soup doesn't have wheat, but "beefy" onion does.

Jestjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks very much, John, I appreciate it.......I am about crazy from it all but trying to stay off the meds.

The funny thing is that my Dad was an allergist. I think if the shoemaker's kids have no shoes, then the allergist's kids should have no allergies.

Jbart74

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm been gluten free for only a year. Made a roast in the crockpot today. Lipton onion soup doesn't have wheat, but "beefy" onion does.

Yes, it seems that anything 'beefy' flavored tends to have Gluten. Like McDonalds (Beef Flavored) French Fries, unfortunately! Burger King Fries are Okay though, FYI. So is a Whopper served on a bed of lettuce instead of a bun... I could go on, but I'd be hijacking. If anyone want's to open a new thread I'll share all of my G-F tricks and tips. Not sure how much I could help Joan though :confused:

Thanks very much, John, I appreciate it.......I am about crazy from it all but trying to stay off the meds.

The funny thing is that my Dad was an allergist. I think if the shoemaker's kids have no shoes, then the allergist's kids should have no allergies.

I think I have to agree with you there Joan. Irony is a b*&ch, isn't it?

John

pjrose

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
For those avoiding gluten, soy, etc.....One of DD's BFFs has severe allergies - it's so hard for her.

No serious allergies for me, thank goodness, but I try to avoid all the sodium in mixes and prepared foods. Instead of onion soup mix I use fresh onions or instant dried onions, and then either canned low-fat reduced sodium broth or homemade stock. Or I add wine or beer. Either way, pot roasts and so forth are yummy and not so salty.

Malibu Sky

Reaction score
Italian Chicken

Chicken Breast (or other parts)
1 Can Stewed Tomatoes
1 Can Diced Tomatoes
1 Can Tomato Paste
Chopped: Carrots, Celery, Mushrooms and Onion (or scallions) (you can buy pre-chopped for ease)
1 Bag New Potatoes
Spice as you like
Cook on low for 8 hours

Serve alone or over pasta or rice

Mimi39

TUG Member
Reaction score
Chili

Here's my crockpot chili recipe:

1lb. ground beef, lowest fat that is available
1tbs olive oil
1 14.2 oz. can of diced tomatoes - I use Delmonte with jaljapenos
1 14.2 oz. of black beans
1tbs dried onion
2 cloves of garlic - minced
1/4 cup of red wine
chili powder to taste
a few drops of Tabasco
1/2 cup of frozen corn

Brown ground meat in oilive oil, add remaining ingredients, put in slow cooker on low for 7 to 8 hours.

ciscogizmo1

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Shadow Ridge, Timber Lodge & Waiohai
Westin: Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Villas
Disney: Beach Club Villas & Bay Lake Towers
Here's one of my favorites.. Warning it does look gross as a finished product but good:

In the crock-pot you put:

**4 frozen (boneless/skinless) chicken breasts

**1 container of sour cream (regular size)

**1 medium sized jar of salsa (recipe called for Pace Picante…so it is all I have ever used)

**1 packet of taco seasoning

Slow cook for 6 hours- low

About 30 minutes before it is done shred the chicken with forks…it should just fall apart.

Also, at this time you can add (but it is optional) 1 can of corn and 1 can of black beans. Let it continue to cook.

Then you just put it in tortillas with all the taco stuff you like…lettuce, cheese, tomatoes.

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
One of the great things about crockpot meals is that they can be prepared either before going out in the morning or the night before and the whole crockpot (liner) can be put in the fridge, placed in the heating unit in AM and go out for the day and not have to prepare a meal when you get home tired.

Maybe not gourmet, but pretty darn good.:whoopie: +

laura1957

TUG Member
Reaction score
This reminds me - I bought some crockpot liner bags at Walmart MONTHS ago, but every time I use my crockpot I forget all about them. I have never even tried them - I think when I put my crockpot in the pantry today I will place the unopened box of liners inside the crockpot first. Has anyone tried these liners?? I would think that especially on vacation they would make cleanup even easier!!

My favorite for the crockpot is barbecued ribs - just cover with enough water mixed in some barbecue sauce (50/50)
some dried or fresh onion and garlic,
I usually add a can of diced flavored tomatoes

cook on slow all day, I take these out of the crockpot, place on a foil lined cookie sheet, spoon some of the sauce over them and broil them for a few minutes since I don't really like "saucy" ribs. They wont come out whole - they break apart and are as tender as can be - wonderful taste.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Has anyone tried these liners?? I would think that especially on vacation they would make cleanup even easier!!

I have been using them for a couple of years - since they fold down over the top edge of the crockpot, you don't have to wash the crockpot at all, unless you break the bag when spooning out the contents - I use a plastic spoon to avoid this. I love them!

3kids4me

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Has anyone ever had a problem with your crockpot overcooking? It seems to take 6 or 7 hours on low for my crockpot to cook something nicely, so I'm afraid to put something in when I leave for work (around 8:00) and not fish it out until dinnertime....