• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I need help!

Misty214

Reaction score
I blame no one but myself for falling into the scam of this timeshare business, but now I want out.

I am an owner at Cypress Palms in Kissimmee having UDI Even year points with 168,000 in 2010.

Is my best option to try to sell them on Ebay? I'm not looking to make any money, it's already paid in full, I just want to be rid of this as it's not worked out to be beneficial to me at all, and now I have maint. fees to pay monthly and being newly single, it's one more bill I would love to get rid of!

Any advice would be welcome!

Thanks!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Welcome to TUG! :hi:

Unfortunately, the bottom has dropped out of the timeshare market, and prices are at an all time low. In addition to that, Wyndham has just made a major change in the rules that makes the points less valuable for renting. So not only is it impossible to make a profit, but many owners are literally giving away their points for pennies on the dollar just to get rid of them.

If you are to the point where you just want to dump your points, consider listing them in the free TUG Classifieds. There is a link in the red bar at the top of the page. If you list them for $1 - $500 they will automatically go in on the Bargain Basement Board.

I don't think ebay is the best place to sell anything, because that's where prices are usually the lowest.

I don't follow price, but other Wyndham owners will probably post what you can expect to get on the resale market.

Good luck!

Misty214

Reaction score
Thank you for the welcome! I will wait and decide what to do after a few more advisements (hopefully!). I know I won't make a profit, but not expecting to either. :whoopie:

Jya-Ning

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you just want to get rid of it as soon as possible, eBay is the better choice. Make sure you find a good closing company, and insist to go through a closing company.

Jya-Ning

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you just want to get rid of it as soon as possible, eBay is the better choice. Make sure you find a good closing company, and insist to go through a closing company.

Jya-Ning

As always, Jya-Ning has offered good, sound advice. I would only add that you could also advertise on Bidshares at no cost if you wanted to do that too. EBay offers greater exposure, but with a listing fee.

Last edited:

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
What might be a reasonable amount to sell my points?

Probably zero to $1,500 would be "reasonable". I think you'd be lucky to get any more than that. Some wouldn't even take it off your hands for free!

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
what is the maint fee per year?

When discussing Florida resorts, you need to also ask about the real estate taxes since they are not included in the FSP/Wyndham MF assessments.

Timeshare Von

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Probably zero to $1,500 would be "reasonable". I think you'd be lucky to get any more than that. Some wouldn't even take it off your hands for free!

WHOOPS edit that - EOY points wouldn't be worth $1,500 . . . maybe half that much??

acesneights

TUG Member
Reaction score
Your 2 year cost is close to $900 for 168K or about $5.50/K.

That's in the zero to pay to get rid of them range.

Sorry.

OTOH, you can get 6 28K RCI deposits, which can get you some pretty decent trades in RCI for just over $300 per week. $150 MF + $164 exchange fee.

I've gotten dozens of pretty good weeks including Hawaii with those deposits.

If you do ongoing searches, two years out, you can get some amazing internal trades.

Good luck.

Stan