• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I need a Psychic!

cheter

TUG Member
Reaction score
I hid money belonging to my son (about $500), bonds and $2 bills. I have turned my house inside out-can't find it! I usually hide money in my closet. Well it's not there. I've checked every closet, items in the kitchen cabinet with lids, and pulled every drawer out of dressers, even checked the attic. Yes I checked under the mattresses. So if someone in TUG LAND has psychic powers please help! Thank You. :mad: :( :mad: :confused:

anne1125

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe inside a book? Once I put something behind some books in my bookcase and didn't find it for years.

Good luck.

Anne

Jestjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I feel your pain.........

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
If anyone here were psychic, they would have contacted you before you posted.

Cat

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Grasping At Straws

Any ceiling tiles? Long-forgotten money belt? Freezer?

Big Matt

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Pull the furniture out from the wall where you thought you put it. Was it on the floor, against the wall? Could it have fallen to the bottom of the furniture (inside) instead of staying in the drawer?

Did you put the money into something and then into something else? Maybe you are looking for the wrong package.

This happened to me with some very important and expensive gift certificates. They expired before I found them (three years later).

3kids4me

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Sometimes if I store something in an overstuffed drawer, it falls through the back and ends up in the cabinet or drawer space below. Just a thought....

Sharon

Gerie

Reaction score
This isn't a very nice or comforting thought, but how old are the kids in the house? My friend had her son's bonds and silver dollars hidden away in an envelope with his name on it. Like you, she went crazy looking for it. It ended up the teenager was scrounging around looking for money and came across it. (I mean, he had to be reeeeeeally scrounging to find the hiding place, up in a closet in a box with her bridal gown.) Apparently he saw his name on it and felt "entitled." If it sounds like there are other issues here, there are.

Gerie

Clark

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean
Barony Beach Club
Ahhh --- yes --- I think I'm getting something --- its kind of fuzzy -- I do see a mottled green -- yes yes there it is its coming in yes I see a pack of money and bonds its right there inside this WHAT I CANT BELIEVE IT my wife walks in on me and snapped the trance with some comment about faucet still dripping in the kitchen, I mean they're like dreams, you cant check back in.

Soooo close :=(

cheter

TUG Member
Reaction score
You Tuggers are to funny! :p
I re-hid the money a couple of years ago. It's in a baggy.
I hid it because he used to have kids come over I didn't trust. He felt the same way, he made a smart choice, he hasn't associated with them in a couple of years.
I've pulled out all the dresser drawers, just in case in may have fell to the back (it didn't, to thick).
I've checked pockets, shoes, and boots. We have no loose tiles. Checked vases, items in the kithcen cupboards with lids. All the scrapbooks, and old photo albums.
My son is as honest as they come. Plus he spends my money and SAVES his. :D
Did the mattress turn and box spring.
I have a small house, it's either in my bedroom or kitchen. Someday I'm sure it will show up, unless it accidentally got tossed out! :eek:
Please feel free to get back with your visions, you maybe my only hope! :D

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
I have 3 words for you: SAFETY DEPOSIT BOX :D

Clark

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean
Barony Beach Club
DW hid some jewelry in the bottom of my box of plain, standard size envelopes. Not only could we not find it, we didnt even know for sure which one of us hid it. Maybe half a year later, after ransacking the house 6 or 7 times I found it by chance when I needed an envelope.

We had both checked the cabinet where the box of envelopes several times.

debraxh

TUG Member
Reaction score
My guess is that it will turn up when you're not looking for it.

A few years ago, I put our original birth & marriage certificates in an envelope, then put the envelope in a document box with other important papers, which went into the top of the closet. About a year ago, I needed them for something and searched for days (including the document box of course) and couldn't find them. I ended up getting certified copies of those that were local.

Shortly after that we had some painting done (including closets) so I went through the boxes to consolidate stuff and voila - there was the envelope with our documents. I know I searched that box carefully just months before without success.

I think gremlins come into the house and mess with our stuff, just to make us think we're going nuts :D

hoosiermarty

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have the same problem only we misplaced 2 handguns. My grandkids were coming over and I told my hubby to make sure he put them well away from anyplace the kids would find them. Well, I have done the same thing. I have turned this place inside out. So, we just keep looking.

When we are going on vacation and have a few things that we would not like anyone to find if we should meet our demise on the trip, we hid it under the insulation in our l800 sq.ft. attic. Just think someday maybe l00 yrs from now if they tear down the house, someone will be surprised. I can;t wait to see some comments on this one.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
When things go missing in our house, we always blame Caspar. Since he is a friendly ghost, it's okay. Right now two small items are gone and it always makes me suspicious of kids who have been visiting. These two were right on the kitchen counter so would be easy to swipe. I hate to suspect my kids' friends, but no one in the family has moved the items and there would be no reason to lie about it.

grest

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In a suitcase you rarely use? Inside the bottom of a lamp? Inside a hollow cane? In the sleeve of a rarely worn coat or sweater?
Let us know when you find it!
Connie

Jestjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
YES, please, let us know.

Kay H

TUG Member
Reaction score
hoosiermarty said:
We have the same problem only we misplaced 2 handguns. My grandkids were coming over and I told my hubby to make sure he put them well away from anyplace the kids would find them. Well, I have done the same thing. I have turned this place inside out.

I thought my DH was the only one.

My son, who lives in Virginia, gave my DH a handgun for safekeeping. When he was here at Christmas he asked for it. DH has looked high and low and can't find it. He thinks he hid it so the grands won't find it. He should have told the grands where he put it because I'm sure they would remember :D .

He sure doesn't!

Emily

TUG Member
Reaction score
Patri said:
When things go missing in our house, we always blame Caspar. Since he is a friendly ghost, it's okay. Right now two small items are gone and it always makes me suspicious of kids who have been visiting. These two were right on the kitchen counter so would be easy to swipe. I hate to suspect my kids' friends, but no one in the family has moved the items and there would be no reason to lie about it.

We blame "The Burglar" You know the one that broke into your house, without anyone seeing, and stole that ONE item and left all the good stuff behind? Generally it is something misplaced . . .

Cheter - maybe you tucked it into the pocket of a piece of clothing hanging in your closet or into a blanket storage bag?

Noni

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you check the pockets of seldom wore jackets? We found $700 in a tux pocket. We weren't even looking for it when we found it. We had forgotten all about it.

IreneLF

TUG Member
Reaction score
We've all been there. I hid some jewelry (my mother's engagement ring, family heirloom) in my usual spot and then freaked when I couldn't find it. Searched for 2 months and then one day, there it was, in a spot that i just didn't see. No explanation, and no one esle could have gotten in the spot (they don't know the drawers come out:)
Sometimes you really do overlook it even when you think not.
Sometimes you get 'wise' and put it in another spot......and just don't remember...
NOW, when I hide, (basically before a vacation) I write a cryptic note to myself (just the word, like 'file box' or 'trilogy' if it's in a book) and put it in my calendar/diary book that is always in my purse. Then in case I forget, I know where to look, but no one else would.
I know this doesn't help, but beleive me I feel your pain.....
GOOD LUCK!

cheter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Still Nothing

I rechecked a few things in my closet, nothing :( . I cleaned out all kithchen cabinits today, nothing :( . I rechecked every coat pocket, and boots, nothing :( . Tommorrow I'll venture a new location, thank good I have a small house! I bet I have the cleanest, neatest closets, and cupboards on the block :D ! And all the stuff I have thrown out! Yes, I've double checked all the thrown out stuff. Thanks for your support and suggestions! This money is to help my son by his first car :( .

JoAnn

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I know where it is!!! It's in the same, safe place I put all those special things I made need someday.....but I can't remember where that place is now :eek:
(Sorry...I had to do it....I have the same problem with some things I put away...somewhere........but with me it's probably just a Senior Moment thing :rolleyes: )
I hope you find it.