• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I Miss Quick Links!!

Jbart74

TUG Member
Reaction score
Brian,

What have you done? I go away for a few days and come home to no "Quick Links?" AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHH..... :crash:

No, but really, I loved that feature on the top of every BBS page!!! :shrug:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
eh, nothing has changed on our end John!

that is a javascript feature if im not mistaken (doug will correct me if im wrong as im not TOTALLY sure about that) so you would need to ensure you dont have your browser security settings preventing that!

Last edited:

Jbart74

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well don't I feel silly.:rolleyes:

I did switch to a new browser while I was away. That must be it. Now I'll learn more about it and figure out where the Java controls are.

Thanks and sorry!

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, this thread served a useful function, as I had forgotten about the "Quick Links" feature. I was looking for a way to find my recent posts, and "Quick Links" offers an easy way to do that!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
no worries at all John, happens to the best of us!

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Jbart74 said:
I did switch to a new browser while I was away. That must be it. Now I'll learn more about it and figure out where the Java controls are.

It's JavaScript, not Java, that you'll need here for the pull-down menus and a few other things. Despite the similarity in names, these are two different things entirely. JavaScript should be built into your browser, and there should also be controls to enable/disable it.

Java is a separate installation from Sun Systems, although your browser may have controls to enable/disable it as well. The TUG bulletin board does not use Java at all.

Jbart74

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's JavaScript, not Java, that you'll need here for the pull-down menus and a few other things. Despite the similarity in names, these are two different things entirely. JavaScript should be built into your browser, and there should also be controls to enable/disable it.

Java is a separate installation from Sun Systems, although your browser may have controls to enable/disable it as well. The TUG bulletin board does not use Java at all.

Thanks Doug.

I have looked all through Google Chrome (I'm testing it out and this is the first snafu I've come upon with it) and can't find a place to turn JavaScript on and/or off. Even looked through the Google Forums and couldn't find anything to help.

Do you have any ideas for me?

Thanks in advance, :wave:

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
Do you have any ideas for me?

'Fraid not. I'm a dedicated Firefox user and haven't even looked at Google's offering.

Google is in the BUSINESS of tracking internet usage and finding ways to turn a profit on it. I'm probably paranoid, but I'm kinda leery of handing all my browsing information to Google and trusting that they won't misuse it somehow. Same with my email and gmail.

Jbart74

TUG Member
Reaction score
'Fraid not. I'm a dedicated Firefox user and haven't even looked at Google's offering.

Google is in the BUSINESS of tracking internet usage and finding ways to turn a profit on it. I'm probably paranoid, but I'm kinda leery of handing all my browsing information to Google and trusting that they won't misuse it somehow. Same with my email and gmail.
Doug,

Point well taken. I agree with EVERYTHING you have said. Ten years ago, I wouldn't have touched Google with a ten foot pole. I'd tell you why, but then Google would know too.

Since then, I've mellowed and have nothing more to hide, and I actually really appreciate the miracles that Google's software seems to create when I'm searching for something or need to figure out how to bury.... wait..... nevermind.

so, um.... still looking for help with Google Chrome! :wave: