• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I.I. comes through with request first trade for NCV's

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I had almost given up on this exchange since we were horribly specific about the resort and the dates. One resort, one specific check in day and that week was spring break week for most of AZ schools.

We put our Grand Chateau 2 bedroom master suite of a 3 bedroom unit up as a request first exchange offer back in late March of last year. Friday we recieved notice from I.I. that they had matched our request and made the exchange. Since 1998 I.I. has yet to fail to come through with an exchange request we've made. Not a bad track record if you ask me.

barndweller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congrats, Doug. I hope the weather on the coast that spring week is absolutely perfect for you. Have fun.

calgal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Doug, You placed a request in March, 2007 for a week in March, 2009??? Wow, that is really planning ahead. I would have guessed that week would have come through for you a full year out, as you must have been at the very very top of the waitlist.

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
What week did you get?

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Doug, You placed a request in March, 2007 for a week in March, 2009??? Wow, that is really planning ahead. I would have guessed that week would have come through for you a full year out, as you must have been at the very very top of the waitlist.

Opps, that should have been 2008. You know, sometimes I think working nights is affecting my ability to think. :eek:

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
What week did you get?

March 6th to the 13th. In this case, we had to come home on/before the 13th (wife's birthday, promised the kids) and it needed to coincide with my uncle's son's spring break week. So it was an extremely limited request (1 resort, 1 check in day).

I really didn't have much hope and was within a few weeks of canceling the request. The charter airline we take to Vegas will release fares for our dates of travel in another month, maybe two. That particular week never seems to go down in price for airfare so I always jump on it early.

Having gone to Vegas every year (sometimes mult. times) since 1998 has been fun but, the suit's in Vegas have changed the rules (literally), changed the prices (higher and higher) and changed the look (corporate cookie cutter hotel's rather than the cheesy stuff like NYNY, Excalibur et....). So now it's off to explore somewhere else this year and maybe for the next few years to come.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Doug. What??? you got March 2008 when it is now already August 2008.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Doug. What??? you got March 2008 when it is now already August 2008.

You know, if you work night shift long enough, not only do you not know what day it is but the years sort of get to be a blur as well. :doh:

The request was put in March of 2008 for March of 2009. There, I think I've got it correct this time. ;)

taffy19

Reaction score
March 6th to the 13th. In this case, we had to come home on/before the 13th (wife's birthday, promised the kids) and it needed to coincide with my uncle's son's spring break week. So it was an extremely limited request (1 resort, 1 check in day).
We will be in Laguna Beach that week and the next week too. We often go in March. Great weather for walking on the beach most of the time but it can rain but never a whole week. Don't expect the water to be warm because it is freezing. You will like the area, I am sure.

The Marriott NCVs is a great resort with nice pools overlooking the ocean and not too far from the touristy things and close to many restaurants and interesting beach cities too. Have you been here before, Doug?

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
We will be in Laguna Beach that week and the next week too. We often go in March. Great weather for walking on the beach most of the time but it can rain but never a whole week. Don't expect the water to be warm because it is freezing. You will like the area, I am sure.

The Marriott NCVs is a great resort with nice pools overlooking the ocean and not too far from the touristy things and close to many restaurants and interesting beach cities too. Have you been here before, Doug?

We've never been to this location and, for that matter really haven't been to CA for vacation with the exception of Lake Tahoe. Even in Tahoe we spent most of our time on the NV side.

I worked as a travel nurse in CA 4 years ago in Fresno and Lodi. But I'd fly in, work 6 nights and then fly home. Other than the drive to the hospitals I was working for, I really didn't see anything of the state.