• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I HATE Interval International ......

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
What is the Tug II Member mailbox?

This is a mailbox that is monitored by the II Social Media liaison. Most responses come from Mark. He has been great to work with in the past and helped us with our no fee AC.

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
It's all crickets with TahoeJoe. Maybe one day he'll rejoin his thread?...:shrug:

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
What most exchangers do not realize is that each of us has to deal with 1 or 2 canceled exchanges that we do for our leisure. On the other hand, II has to accommodate tons of these canceled exchanges and the canceled weeks are setting vacant. Once the time passes on any of these reservations, it is worthless and II lost all the value that they paid for. On the top of that, II has to generate income to pay employees and all other business expenses. As a business owner, I really feel for all these businesses.

I actually LOVE II. Out of all other TS companies I deal with, they are the most accommodating. That is why I extended my membership to 2026 with them.

tshd

Reaction score
Thanks Dioxide for the explanation re: the mailbox.

Samara64 I don't hate II but I do think that people are entitled to their feelings whether others agree with them or not. I think pretty much everyone is suffering in some way or another, but how businesses deal with these challenging times will help with their eventual recovery. II is in somewhat of a monopoly position, so it seems to me they are feeling less forgiving than some other businesses. It also seems to me that they are better cushioned against this pandemic and maybe even profiting somewhat from it as I will explain below. I surely don't want any of the day-to-day employees at II lose their jobs; I've had many pleasant experiences with many of them, but if the management of II doesn't start to be more customer friendly, I do believe it will have repercussions for the company short and long term.

II makes it's revenue from exchange fees, so it had already collected money from people who made the exchanges of units which are sitting empty. The people suffering from the idle weeks are the employees at the resorts and surrounding businesses.

II also generated new, previously untapped revenue from all those people who never deposit their units into II but were pretty much forced to deposit their units into II at the last minute when they realized they wouldn't be able to travel and had to chose between depositing or losing hundreds/thousands in MFs. This is revenue that II never would have seen since these people never had the intention of exchanging!!

In fact, II made even more money from those folks who needed to create or restart an expired II membership in order to salvage their week and even more revenue from those who had to add the resort to an existing account or extend their membership to get around the deposit fee. Seems to me like II made out well in this situation!!

But those deposits may not translate into exchange revenue in the near future, if people are hesitant to make plans and do not have confidence that II will treat them well, if those plans change. So II will see that unexpected Covid 19 generated windfall revenue eventually, but in order to keep the revenue stream flowing in the near term, they need to incentivize customers to continue to book exchanges and getaways in the near term, which is exactly what OP did.

Unfortunately, II is still offering some of those vacant units to customers, without regard to whether those units can or will be able to be occupied in the near future. Since II and Marriott have a close relationship, II should be aware that some of the resorts that II was/is offering for exchange/getaways aren't going to be open for weeks/months. So it does feel a bit underhanded to take the money, cancel a few days later and then offer something that is not as comparable as a replacement. Even more so, when one of II's regular ambassadors on the community group is touting how good the replacement ACs are and not to worry if your exchange gets canceled. Perhaps OP just needed to vent and thought people on TUG would be more empathetic than the regulars on the II community board.

So the OP took a risk, but from my perspective II has not been playing fair. I don't see how giving an AC that can rebook the same "quality of unit" that it's replacing is financially damaging to II. I only see that II has a financial incentive for not giving a comparable replacement once they've already collected your money. By not allowing a replacement AC holder to book anything of comparable value, II will potentially be able to sell those "quality units" to someone else for an additional exchange fee or as a getaway. If the unit goes empty, it's no loss to II, since they already made their money on the initial exchange, so there's only the potential gain.

If an airline took money for a first class seat and refused to refund the money when the flight was canceled due to Covid 19 ("not our fault") and they offered you a replacement certificate for a coach seat with somewhat severe advanced booking restrictions, saving the first class seats to sell to another customer for more revenue, would you think that is "fair"? The airlines surely are hurting, more so I would venture to guess than II, so shouldn't people be more understanding and not make such outrageous demands? This may not be the exact situation that OP is in, but it is the situation that a lot of folks with high MF weeks are in and I'm not going to tell them that they shouldn't be upset.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Thanks Dioxide for the explanation re: the mailbox.

Samara64 I don't hate II but I do think that people are entitled to their feelings whether others agree with them or not. I think pretty much everyone is suffering in some way or another, but how businesses deal with these challenging times will help with their eventual recovery. II is in somewhat of a monopoly position, so it seems to me they are feeling less forgiving than some other businesses. It also seems to me that they are better cushioned against this pandemic and maybe even profiting somewhat from it as I will explain below. I surely don't want any of the day-to-day employees at II lose their jobs; I've had many pleasant experiences with many of them, but if the management of II doesn't start to be more customer friendly, I do believe it will have repercussions for the company short and long term.

II makes it's revenue from exchange fees, so it had already collected money from people who made the exchanges of units which are sitting empty. The people suffering from the idle weeks are the employees at the resorts and surrounding businesses.

II also generated new, previously untapped revenue from all those people who never deposit their units into II but were pretty much forced to deposit their units into II at the last minute when they realized they wouldn't be able to travel and had to chose between depositing or losing hundreds/thousands in MFs. This is revenue that II never would have seen since these people never had the intention of exchanging!!

In fact, II made even more money from those folks who needed to create or restart an expired II membership in order to salvage their week and even more revenue from those who had to add the resort to an existing account or extend their membership to get around the deposit fee. Seems to me like II made out well in this situation!!

But those deposits may not translate into exchange revenue in the near future, if people are hesitant to make plans and do not have confidence that II will treat them well, if those plans change. So II will see that unexpected Covid 19 generated windfall revenue eventually, but in order to keep the revenue stream flowing in the near term, they need to incentivize customers to continue to book exchanges and getaways in the near term, which is exactly what OP did.

Unfortunately, II is still offering some of those vacant units to customers, without regard to whether those units can or will be able to be occupied in the near future. Since II and Marriott have a close relationship, II should be aware that some of the resorts that II was/is offering for exchange/getaways aren't going to be open for weeks/months. So it does feel a bit underhanded to take the money, cancel a few days later and then offer something that is not as comparable as a replacement. Even more so, when one of II's regular ambassadors on the community group is touting how good the replacement ACs are and not to worry if your exchange gets canceled. Perhaps OP just needed to vent and thought people on TUG would be more empathetic than the regulars on the II community board.

So the OP took a risk, but from my perspective II has not been playing fair. I don't see how giving an AC that can rebook the same "quality of unit" that it's replacing is financially damaging to II. I only see that II has a financial incentive for not giving a comparable replacement once they've already collected your money. By not allowing a replacement AC holder to book anything of comparable value, II will potentially be able to sell those "quality units" to someone else for an additional exchange fee or as a getaway. If the unit goes empty, it's no loss to II, since they already made their money on the initial exchange, so there's only the potential gain.

If an airline took money for a first class seat and refused to refund the money when the flight was canceled due to Covid 19 ("not our fault") and they offered you a replacement certificate for a coach seat with somewhat severe advanced booking restrictions, saving the first class seats to sell to another customer for more revenue, would you think that is "fair"? The airlines surely are hurting, more so I would venture to guess than II, so shouldn't people be more understanding and not make such outrageous demands? This may not be the exact situation that OP is in, but it is the situation that a lot of folks with high MF weeks are in and I'm not going to tell them that they shouldn't be upset.

It a little different then the airline example as II is an intermediate in the transaction. Kind of like if you booked your airline ticket thru a third party.

I know that I had a reservation for a week that until today was listed by the actual resort that they would be opened. Today they decided they would not be opened. It is changing by the hour.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score

Well, I see where you are coming from and really sympathize with you and OP. Now if someone books a week under the current circumstances and it get canceled by hotel or state, that is a risk he took and did not work out. OP knew that we have a pandemic going on. I had to cancel 5 trips and the one with II, I got a replacement week where you have to pay a fee again to trade.

That is like printing more money. That should not hurt anyone right. People that have new unused weeks are in disadvantage as there are simply more people competing for same deposits. As I stated, I do have a canceled week that I wish it would trade better so I am all for it.

Also the Airline ticket is not 100% analogy as the flight got canceled and there was no cost to fly the airplane so it sat still in the airport. Hotel room that sit empty just save on housekeeping and energy which is minor cost in comparison.

I know it is a miserable situation and believe me I am not feeling good either about any of that but have to deal with it too. We are talking here about some vacation weeks but others have their livelihood simply taken away. Just look at the news with all these people in line in front of food banks. Never saw a thing like it before.

My brother is a radiologist in NYC and he told me tails from what he saw and the people they lost in the hospital where he works. He could not sleep for weeks from the amount of body bags he saw. Sometime after he gets an XRAY from a patient, the order get canceled as the patient died before it gets through the queue to look at it. He was lucky as he asked for a Computer station to be shipped to his home and he can work remotely. Other providers did not have this privilege.

Last edited:

tshd

Reaction score
It a little different then the airline example as II is an intermediate in the transaction. Kind of like if you booked your airline ticket thru a third party.

I know that I had a reservation for a week that until today was listed by the actual resort that they would be opened. Today they decided they would not be opened. It is changing by the hour.

I realize that it is not perfectly analogous, but it is not exactly like an airline ticket booked through a third party either. The situation I am talking about is as if I booked a ticket to fly to Hawaii on United, but Hawaii flights on United are no longer available. So United tells me that if I want to fly anywhere else or at some date in the future, I need to book through a third party, and instead of giving me the ability to rebook my first class seat, the third party says I can only have a coach seat. Then the third party turns around and sells my first class seat to another customer for a hefty profit. Does that analogy work better? It's not a typical situation so it's hard to find something IRL that mirrors it perfectly, but it is basically what is happening for many folks who have/had a vacation booked at their home resort and have the hard choice of losing out or trying to salvage their money. II is getting their cut, because you still need to pay the trade fee, but the value of what you get in return is poor. The new deposits are still a windfall for II even if the units are going unused; it's the resorts that are losing money from the vacancies.

There may well be some resorts that are closing last minute, but that does not mean that there are not others that are already closed and have plans to remain closed, that are still being sold by II.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
I have to call II today, but I am thinking of emailing Mark instead. I have to cancel our two weeks at Marriott's Cypress Harbour that I got through exchange for 5/17 and 5/24. I am not going to be happy to get replacement weeks that cannot be used for Marriott anything. That is just unfair. I don't know what option to take, if they won't just let me book straight across for other weeks in January for Marriott resorts, I am going to be devastated. I already cancelled three weeks and got stuff not at all equal in value to my stellar exchanges (Maui over spring break).

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I guess I'm not understanding why Marriott owners who exchanged into another Marriott, can't do so with the replacement AC....?
I can see Cypress Harbor, Royal Palms, Harbor Lake, and Grand Vista with multiple unit sizes.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I have to call II today, but I am thinking of emailing Mark instead. I have to cancel our two weeks at Marriott's Cypress Harbour that I got through exchange for 5/17 and 5/24. I am not going to be happy to get replacement weeks that cannot be used for Marriott anything. That is just unfair. I don't know what option to take, if they won't just let me book straight across for other weeks in January for Marriott resorts, I am going to be devastated. I already cancelled three weeks and got stuff not at all equal in value to my stellar exchanges (Maui over spring break).
If you have eplus and there is a Marriott week out there prior to you week expiration they will book it for you.

tshd

Reaction score
Well, I see where you are coming from and really sympathize with you and OP. Now if someone books a week under the current circumstances and it get canceled by hotel or state, that is a risk he took and did not work out. OP knew that we have a pandemic going on. I had to cancel 5 trips and the one with II, I got a replacement week where you have to pay a fee again to trade.

That is like printing more money. That should not hurt anyone right. People that have new unused weeks are in disadvantage as there are simply more people competing for same deposits. As I stated, I do have a canceled week that I wish it would trade better so I am all for it.

Also the Airline ticket is not 100% analogy as the flight got canceled and there was no cost to fly the airplane so it sat still in the airport. Hotel room that sit empty just save on housekeeping and energy which is minor cost in comparison.

I know it is a miserable situation and believe me I am not feeling good either about any of that but have to deal with it too. We are talking here about some vacation weeks but others have their livelihood simply taken away. Just look at the news with all these people in line in front of food banks. Never saw a thing like it before.

My brother is a radiologist in NYC and he told me tails from what he saw and the people they lost in the hospital where he works. He could not sleep for weeks from the amount of body bags he saw. Sometime after he gets an XRAY from a patient, the order get canceled as the patient died before it gets through the queue to look at it. He was lucky as he asked for a Computer station to be shipped to his home and he can work remotely. Other providers did not have this privilege.

Firstly, thank you to your brother and others like him who are really feeling the impact of this situation firsthand and dealing with the emotional toll it is taking. It is nothing compared to what we are philosophically discussing on a timeshare board.

I am one of those people who has been financially impacted and I suppose that is why I think when there is little harm to a business financially for treating customers fairly, I feel that they should be doing that. The airlines are taking a huge hit and at least for now seem to mainly treating customers fairly, refunding money, extending credits and membership benefits well out into the future, which they don't need to do, but are good customer service moves and much appreciated in this time of chaos.

In the case of OP, how is giving back the same certificate he originally had (acting as if the transaction never happened) putting anyone else in a worse position or detrimental to II especially if they retain his exchange fee?

For late deposits putting a slight, but not onerous, time handicap seems reasonable to me, but blocking out entire areas seems unreasonable. If the unit is still there at the last minute and no one else with an advantage has booked it, why should I be blocked from using it, instead of letting it sit empty. To me, it does feel like a penalty that is being harshly implemented as a result of an unfortunate event. I have many units and many future exchanges that may need to be changed in the not too distant future. I can see a lot of manipulation of availability by II that is currently happening that was not happening pre-pandemic. I ,for one, am willing, under the circumstances, to share the burden of harder trades instead of having a tough luck attitude for those who got blindsided or are trying to predict the future in these uncertain times. Now, more than ever, we need to try our best to be kind and empathetic to others regardless of our personal views and desires. I am saddened that I don't see a lot of that happening here or on the II community. It's only empathetic words, doesn't cost much.

"Also the Airline ticket is not 100% analogy as the flight got canceled and there was no cost to fly the airplane so it sat still in the airport. Hotel room that sit empty just save on housekeeping and energy which is minor cost in comparison."

The airline is definitely losing money even if the planes don't fly, just like hotels and surrounding businesses are losing money, when rooms aren't occupied. Just because they save some money because jet fuel and toilet paper aren't being used, doesn't mean that there aren't other fixed expenses that they are still paying.

But my point was that II is making "new"money, regardless of whether the rooms sit vacant, since they are collecting membership, deposit, and exchange fees for those previously undeposited units and additional revenue from forced retrade exchanges. II will lose some on selling new Getaways, but they have also increased some of the prices on popular destinations in the future to help make up the difference.

People are already apprehensive about making future plans, so if II takes an unforgiving position regarding future cancellations of things that are not eligible for e-plus, (and insurance has proven to be useless), then they are restricting their own timely revenue stream and are causing potential harm to their employees. There are still businesses that are doing well during this pandemic and even some that are profiting from it, whether intentionally or unintentionally, and I think II is more in this category, unlike other hospitality and travel companies. How II responds will have an impact on their bottom line, IMHO

tshd

Reaction score
I guess I'm not understanding why Marriott owners who exchanged into another Marriott, can't do so with the replacement AC....?
I can see Cypress Harbor, Royal Palms, Harbor Lake, and Grand Vista with multiple unit sizes.

Are you looking with a replacement AC? I only know that my AC does not block Marriotts specifically but does block many areas in FL, CA and all of HI. I don't know if these are generic blocks or specific to me though.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
Are you looking with a replacement AC? I only know that my AC does not block Marriotts specifically but does block many areas in FL, CA and all of HI. I don't know if these are generic blocks or specific to me though.
Yes, looking with the replacement AC, which replaced a free AC that II just dropped on me that I used to book a 1BR at Westgate town center, Orlando, end of May.
I can't see any Hawaii but plenty of Florida and California.

tshd

Reaction score
Yes, looking with the replacement AC, which replaced a free AC that II just dropped on me that I used to book a 1BR at Westgate town center, Orlando, end of May.
I can't see any Hawaii but plenty of Florida and California.

Sorry I have been away from the board. Curious if you can tell me where and when you can see weeks in CA? Or if you click on the certificate number, what restrictions you see in the text. Thanks!

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
COVID-19 has interfered with our travel plans as well. We had booked a week at Marriott’s Ocean Pointe for May 2020 but we had to cancel. We used E-plus to reschedule at Marriott‘s Canyon Villas for mid July 2020. It looks like the country will be reopened by then. We have an AC for Marriott’s OceanWatch for Thanksgiving 2020. However, II does not permit E-plus retrades for an AC. I think the chances of a hurricane at that time are remote.
812DDD25-9C0C-4EBB-852F-357AD6563D71.jpeg

Hobokie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Elara (HGVC) + Worldmark
Folks, I'm taking us back to basics here for a sec... how does one get an AC? (newer to timeshares and have yet to use II or RCI even though I am a member of both...)

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
II will give it to you. They normally give ACs to all members each year but I never use it. Has limited selection for our super precious family vacation time.

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Folks, I'm taking us back to basics here for a sec... how does one get an AC? (newer to timeshares and have yet to use II or RCI even though I am a member of both...)

I have also had ACs show up in my account - usually multiple per year. I suspect it is because I made an exchange each year - but I am not sure if something triggers them.

They do have restrictions. But if you like Orlando you can book a 2br for around $300 in upper class resorts during off season. That is the only location I have paid attention to since most of the other places we like to go are omitted.

Here is an excerpt from one of my ACs: (lengthy)

ll confirmations are made on a space available basis and no guarantee is made that any specific request can be confirmed. The redemption of the Accommodation Certificate is subject to certain terms and conditions. A redemption fee will be required.

This Certificate cannot be combined nor used in conjunction with any other certificate or fee waiver certificate.

All other terms and conditions of individual membership, exchange and flex change must be adhered to.

This certificate must be completed prior to the expiration date OCTOBER 4, 2020.

This certificate may not be used to travel to your Home Resort.

Certificate may not be used for the following AREAS.Florida, Key West,Hawaii, Oahu From:01MAY To:30SEP,Hawaii, Maui,Hawaii, Kauai,Hawaii, Molokai,Hawaii, Big Island,

Certificate may not be used for the following RESORTS.Mia Reef Isla Mujeres From:01JAN To:30JUN,Mia Reef Isla Mujeres From:10NOV To:31DEC,Artisan Riviera Maya,Artisan 5a Avenida,Krystal Beach Acapulco,Baja Point at The Westin Los Cabos,Banyan Tree Cabo Marqués,The Berkley, Las Vegas,The Carriage House From:01JAN To:15NOV,The Carriage House From:01FEB To:27NOV,VIL - The Carriage House,Casa Dorada San Lucas Bay,Club Cascadas de Baja,Cancun Clipper Club,The Royal Cancun From:27OCT To:31DEC,Mia Hotel Cancun,Club de Soleil From:25MAR To:09NOV,W.I.V.C. - Conchas Chinas,W.I.V.C. - Coral Mar From:01JAN To:27MAR,Cristalmar Resort and Beach Club,Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa,Cabo Villas Beach Resort & Spa I,Country Country Beach Cottages,Welk Resorts Palm Springs,Desert Paradise Resort From:01JAN To:14NOV,Welk Resorts Palm Springs,Diamond at Cabo Azul Resort,Casa Dorada Spa & Golf Resort,SVC @ Desert Rose Resort From:25JAN To:27NOV,Discovery Beach Resort,Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort,Falcon Point,Franklyn D. Resort and Spa,Grand Oasis Cancun Resort & Spa,Grand Oasis Palm Resort & Spa,The Grand Mayan Los Cabos,Grand Solmar at Rancho San Lucas,Grand Solmar at Land's End Resort & Spa,Grand Solmar at Rancho San Lucas Resort,Hyatt Mountain Lodge,Hyatt Coconut Plantation,Hacienda Encantada Resort & Spa,Hyatt Ka'anapali Beach,Hyatt Main Street Station,Northstar Lodge, Hyatt Residence Club,Harborside at Atlantis,Residences at Park Hyatt Beaver Creek,Hyatt Sunset Harbor Resort,Hyatt High Sierra Lodge,Hyatt Windward Pointe,Hyatt Grand Aspen,Hyatt Beach House Resort,Hyatt Escala Lodge at Park City,Highlands Inn,Hyatt Siesta Key Beach,Hyatt Pinon Pointe,Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar,Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch,The Ocean Club at Jamaica Inn,Tranquility Bay Antigua,Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas,Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort North,Sheraton Lakeside Terrace Villas From:15MAY To:30SEP,Lagos De Fañabe,Lagos de Fañabe Phase II,Los Cabos Golf Resort,Lindo Mar Adventure Club,1492 Suites @ La Pinta Beach Club,Las Torres Gemelas,Grand Luxxe Residence Club,Alpenland Sporthotel-Maria Alm From:20APR To:30JUN,Marriott's Aruba Ocean Club From:01APR To:30SEP,The Masters Villas at Paradise Canyon,Marriott's Waiohai Beach Club,Marriott Vacation Club Waiohai Beach,Casa Dorada at Medano Beach,Marriott's Bali Nusa Dua Gardens,Marriott's BeachPlace Towers From:01MAY To:04OCT,Marriott's Barony Beach Club From:01MAY To:01SEP,Marriott Vacation Club Pulse Boston From:01MAY To:30JUN,Marriott's Canyon Villas at Desert Ridge From:01JUN To:04OCT,Monarch Grand Vacation Cabo Azul,Marriott's Grand Chateau,Monarch Grand Vacation Cabo Azul,Marriott's Streamside at Vail - Douglas From:01MAY To:30SEP,Marriott's Streamside at Vail -Evergreen From:01MAY To:30SEP,47 Park Street,Marriott's Frenchman's Cove From:01MAY To:30SEP,Marriott Vacation Club Pulse D.C.,Marriott Vacation Club Pulse San Fran From:01MAY To:30SEP,Marina Fiesta Resort and Spa,Marriott's Fairway Villas From:01MAY To:30JUN,Marriott's Grand Residence,Tahoe,Marriott's Grand Chateau From:01MAY To:12DEC,Marriott's Lakeshore Reserve,Marriott's Grande Ocean Resort From:11JAN To:01SEP,Marriott Vacation Club, Surfers Paradise,Marriott Grand Residence Club Lake Tahoe,Marriott's Grand Residence, Tahoe,

Certificate may not be used for the following RESORTS.Marriott's Grand Residence, Tahoe,Marriott's Willow Ridge Lodge From:15MAY To:30SEP,Marriott's Imperial Palms Villas,Marriott's Mai Khao Beach - Phuket From:01JUN To:04OCT,Marriott's Kauai Lagoons Kalanipu'u,Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club From:01MAY To:30SEP,Marriott's Kauai Beach Club,Marriott's Ko Olina Beach Club,Marriott's Legends Edge at Bay Point From:01MAY To:30SEP,Cancun Resort Las Vegas From:20JAN To:14NOV,Marriott's Manor Club at Ford's Colony From:01MAR To:30JUN,Marriott's Crystal Shores,Marriott's Timber Lodge From:01MAY To:30SEP,Marriott's Maui Ocean Club,Marriott's Monarch at Sea Pines From:12JAN To:01SEP,Marriott's Maui Lahaina & Napili Villas,Marriott Vacation Club Pulse NYC,Marriott's MountainSide From:02DEC To:31DEC,Marriott's OceanWatch Villas@Grand Dunes From:01MAY To:30SEP,Marriott's Ocean Pointe From:01MAY To:30SEP,Paradise Island Beach Club,Marriott's Phuket Beach Club,Marriott Vacation Club Pulse Miami,Club Residencial Mirabella Ixtapa,Marriott's Royal Palms Resort From:01APR To:30SEP,Marriott's Royal Palms Resort From:01NOV To:31DEC,Marriott's Manor Club Sequel From:30MAR To:30JUN,Marriott's SurfWatch From:01APR To:01SEP,Marriott's Sunset Pointe @ Shelter Cove From:01APR To:01SEP,Marriott's Sabal Palms Resort,Marriott Vacation Club Pulse San Diego,Marriott's Aruba Surf Club From:01MAY To:30SEP,Marriott's Summit Watch From:18MAY To:31MAY,Marriott's Playa Andaluza From:01JAN To:31DEC,Marriott's Streamside at Vail - Birch From:01DEC To:31DEC,Marriott's Streamside at Vail - Birch From:19APR To:30SEP,Marriott's Village d'Ile de France From:01APR To:30JUN,Marriott's MtnValley Lodge @breckenridge From:01DEC To:31DEC,Marriott's MtnValley Lodge @breckenridge From:01JAN To:30JUN,Hotel Breckenridge,Marriott's Waikoloa Ocean Club,Marriott's Harbour Lake,Marriott's Newport Coast Villas From:01MAY To:30SEP,Old Bahama Bay Resort and Yacht Harbour,Oceanique Resort,Ocean Two Resort & Residences,Caribbean & Dream Bldgs at Ocean Landing,Omni Cancun Hotel & Villas From:01JAN To:17APR,The Ponds at Foxhollow From:01APR To:30JUN,Condominio Porto Bello Marina & Villas From:01JAN To:31DEC,Elara, a Hilton Grand Vacations Club From:01JAN To:12DEC,Poste Montane Lodge,Bel Air Collecion Resort & Spa Cancun,Azul Sensatori Jamaica by Karisma,Park Plaza at Beaver Creek,The Palm at Playa,Krystal Grand Vallarta,The Resort on Cocoa Beach,The Royal Caribbean,Las Residencias Golf & Beach Club,The Resort at Diamante,Rancho Banderas All Suite Resort,The Royal Islander Club La Plage,The Royal Mayan,The Royal Islander From:01JAN To:30JUN,The Ridge Pointe Resort,The Royal Sands From:01JAN To:30JUN,The Royal Sands,The Ridge Tahoe From:08FEB To:18APR,Sandstone Creek Club,Scottsdale Camelback Resort,Scottsdale Camelback Resort,Four Seasons Residence Club Scottsdale,Santa Barbara Golf and Ocean Club,St. James Place,Scottsdale Resort Club,The St. Martin Boutique Hotel,Courtyard by Marriott Nassau Downtown,Sheraton Vistana Villages From:01MAR To:30JUN,Scottsdale Villa Mirage,Divi Southwinds Beach Resort,Club Tesoro at Cabo San Lucas,Tesoro Manzanillo,Tesoro Ixtapa,Club Tesoro at Cabo San Lucas,The Jockey Club From:01JAN To:30JAN,Westin Cape Coral at Marina Village,VIL - Vallarta Torre,Villas of Cave Creek,Villa del Palmar-Cabo San Lucas From:01FEB To:24APR,Villa del Palmar Flamingos,Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort&Spa From:01JAN To:01MAY,Villa del Palmar Cancun Beach Resort&Spa,Villa del Arco,The Villas at Polo Towers From:08FEB To:27NOV,Vista Encantada Spa Resort & Residences,Sheraton Mountain Vista,WorldMark Coral Baja,The Westin Cancun Resort & Spa, Cancun,

Certificate may not be used for the following RESORTS.Westin Desert Willow Villas, Palm Desert From:13JAN To:30JUN,Westin Desert Willow Villas, Palm Desert,Wyndham Governor's Green,Sirena del Mar by Welk Resorts,Westin Kierland Villas,Westin Kierland Villas,Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort From:01MAY To:30JUN,WorldMark Las Vegas on Spencer Street From:01JAN To:14NOV,The Westin LosCabos Resort Villas & Spa,Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort-Gold Plus,Westin Lagunamar Ocean Resort,The Westin Mission Hills Resort Villas,Westin Nanea Ocean Resort Villas,The Westin Resort & Spa, Puerto Vallarta,Westin Princeville Ocean Resort,LodgesatTimberRidge-Welk Resorts Branson From:10JAN To:30JUN,Westin Riverfront Mountain Villas,WorldMark Rancho Vistoso,The Westin St. John Resort & Villas,Westwind II Club,Westin Los Cabos Ocean Resort,The Westin Los Cabos Resort Villas & Spa,

This certificate has no cash value.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just found out my freebie, 3 bedroom AC week I "traded" a few days ago for a studio at the Marriott Fisherman's Wharf was cancelled due to the COVID-19 shut down. That cost me nearly $300. I call II and they refuse to give me my money back for the exchange. That's bad, but it gets worse. They issue me a no fee replacement certificate BUT it has tons of restrictions AND it must be used by December 2020 AND it can not be used for an on-going search AND even though the original AC was for a 3 bedroom, they want to charge me a $99/$198 unit upgrade fee, WTF? I hate, hate, hate Interval International. This is total bait and switch.

The annoying thing is I can see similar studio weeks at Marriott San Francisco later in this summer/fall with my 2021 Marriott week but II refuses to give me the exchange with the certificate they control. Should I speak to supervisor and try for a similar week later this summer/fall or just contact my credit card and contest the charge? Any advice is appreciated?

I HATE, HATE, HATE INTERVAL! Every single one of my exchanges were canceled and they only gave me the same BS you got. And they acted like they were doing me a big favor by giving me nothing. I am out all those weeks. I am out of the money I paid for exchanges. I am out the E-Plus fees and I am also, like you, out the money I paid to upgrade my exchanges to two or three bedroom units. So I HATE, HATE, HATE INTERVAL AS WELL!!!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I HATE, HATE, HATE INTERVAL! Every single one of my exchanges were canceled and they only gave me the same BS you got. And they acted like they were doing me a big favor by giving me nothing. I am out all those weeks. I am out of the money I paid for exchanges. I am out the E-Plus fees and I am also, like you, out the money I paid to upgrade my exchanges to two or three bedroom units. So I HATE, HATE, HATE INTERVAL AS WELL!!!
Are you free ACs for a one bedroom? Mine was for a three and it was a refund for a bonus week. I don't understand the massive differences between refund ACs .

tshd

Reaction score
Are you free ACs for a one bedroom? Mine was for a three and it was a refund for a bonus week. I don't understand the massive differences between refund ACs .

I'm trying to figure this out too. So are you saying your replacement AC is for a 3BD? My replacements were for the size units I traded into. I actually downsized to a 1BD to get the location I wanted and I got a 1BD as a replacement, not the 2BD I used to make the original exchange. I asked this before, but I'm wondering if you can click on the number of your replacement AC and tell me what location restrictions you see. I have most of FL and CA and all of HI blocked.
Thanks,
Alex

Lydlady

TUG Member
Reaction score
I ended up with a studio for my AC. My original trade was a studio for a two-bedroom. So I lost there. I ended up using my AC but had to pay another upgrade for a one-bedroom. Not real happy about losing money there and also my ePlus but thankfully the second week I had to cancel ended up with better results.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Welk Resorts
I'm trying to figure this out too. So are you saying your replacement AC is for a 3BD? My replacements were for the size units I traded into. I actually downsized to a 1BD to get the location I wanted and I got a 1BD as a replacement, not the 2BD I used to make the original exchange. I asked this before, but I'm wondering if you can click on the number of your replacement AC and tell me what location restrictions you see. I have most of FL and CA and all of HI blocked.
Thanks,
Alex
Heres my replacement AC that I got when I cancelled a 3BR bonus cert for a end of May stay in a 1BR at Westgate Orlando.
3fd086e54ff9d4eac4211e40df4f70e5.jpg
4336b80b906200436fcd98b1b730f1bb.jpg

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
I'm at the opposite end of "Hate" for II and other companies in these times. Maybe just patient and understanding that no timeshare or travel company can make everyone happy during these times. Too many other challenges in life like life or death, paying the bills, etc. to be bothered with being inconvenienced a few hundred dollars, downgraded room availability or losing a vacation or 2 or 3...... I have lost on Redweek rentals and will likely lose booked II Getaways due to travel restrictions in the near future. I'll make it up staying alive and hopefully vacationing for many years in the future. My 2 cents!:wave: Felicia......

Last edited:

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have eplus and there is a Marriott week out there prior to you week expiration they will book it for you.
You are correct. I have never used eplus. But in the future I will.