• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I had Covid, flu and RSV shots at the same time

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
So I finally joined the Covid club after taking a cruise this past week. We got off Saturday and I will swear it was a person coughing on the elevator as we debarked. Sunday woke up with a runny nose on one side, tested negative. I had an appointment at CVS for the new Moderna so I kept that on Monday.

Today it finally showed two lines on my test. Feels like the worst has passed, just sinus congestion and cough, low grade fever, and chills.

kanerf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Getting flu and RSV on Saturday. I wanted to get Covid as well, but my local pharmacy did not have it yet. Perhaps in a week or so. Another in the same chain (CVS) about 5 miles away had it, but I like to get everything done at my local one.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
In our area, CVS always seems to have new vaccines first.

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
I got my COVID in one arm and the flu vaccine in the other a month ago. No issues or side effects.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had more immunization shots this year than ever before. I am traveling a lot for the next few months, starting Thursday with a flight to Kauai. My great grand will be there, so I received RSV, thinking of her. Also Moderna Covid. Before that, pneumonia. This week, second Shingles shot.

I never do more than one at a time, because I want to know what I'm having a reaction to, if it happens.

I'm still due for flu shot, but need to find the date of last one.
That's something I like about going to CVS. They have a an easily accessible history online.

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Finally got things taken care of last week. I had planned to space mine out but wasn't getting it taken care of. I have my Mom (90/dementia) and it's hard to get her out. Her hospice company was dinking around getting any immunizations and they weren't able to do the covid (guess there is special training needed for that now). I did get my flu shot in mid October. Out of very casual, no concerns from the pharmacy, I got my covid-19, RSV, and pneumonia (all in one arm) and got my Mom the covid-19, RSV, and flu (I think RSV in one arm and the other stuff in her other arm). I might have felt a little off for a day (not bad) and my arm was just a little sore. Mom isn't able to tell you what hurts or why so can't report on her. But was glad to get it taken care of as we approached Thanksgiving, etc.

SusanRN

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had more immunization shots this year than ever before. I am traveling a lot for the next few months, starting Thursday with a flight to Kauai. My great grand will be there, so I received RSV, thinking of her. Also Moderna Covid. Before that, pneumonia. This week, second Shingles shot.

I never do more than one at a time, because I want to know what I'm having a reaction to, if it happens.

I'm still due for flu shot, but need to find the date of last one.
That's something I like about going to CVS. They have a an easily accessible history online.
FYI, it shouldn't matter when your last flu shot was. You need a new shot each year for protection that lasts 6-8 months. The medical recommendation is usually to get it by November 1. Takes 2 weeks to be effective., so then you're good for the holidays.

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
Yes, RSV is going around now…my 9-month-old granddaughter, who we babysit 2 days a week, got diagnosed with it last week after getting exposed at her daycare. She's too old to get the infant vaccine. She was very tired with a fever and runny nose and ear infection for several days but seems better now. Thankful we had our RSV vaccine and we stayed away for several days after the initial diagnosis. Don't have major health issues but it does seem that even more minor bugs hit harder now in my 70s.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
My neighbor had a baby in June, she went back to work in October and the baby caught RSV at daycare the first week,

Last edited:

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
As I posted a week ago, I had my COVID & flu in October. I had never even heard of the RSV until this thread and the original post. Now, here I sit with RSV :( It really sucks and I hope to be a least well enough to travel later this week. I'm not running a fever . . . and it's not COVID (testing regularly for that). So I should be good for my Hawaii trip this Friday.

slip

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 18 wks; Maui Schooner, 1 EOY Wk; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
Hope all work out Von, you should be good. shaka