• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 31 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 31st Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I had Covid, flu and RSV shots at the same time

SusanRN

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
All three the same day in the same arm. (I don't use the other arm much. I would be concerned the serum would not circulate well because of minimal movement.)
After two days I'm only experiencing a mild achiness when I lift that arm. No other side effects. This was also true with earlier Covid shots for me.
Just thought I would share, if it makes anyone feel better. I'm 71 and have intermittent asthma, so all 3 are recommended for me.
Susan

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. I wasn't brave enough to get all 3 vaccines at once. My previous experiences with Covid vaccines (Pfizer) have put me on the couch for the day. But sometimes a flu shot can do that to me. This time I got the Moderna and it did not seem to affect me as much, but my arm had more achiness.

I will get the other two vaccines later in October.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
I got the new COVID vaccine on Friday, too (my 7th!), and had the same reaction: sore arm, but no "flu-like" symptoms. Rod got the COVID shot in one arm and the RSV shot in the other, and only had sore arms, but no "flu-like" symptoms. He said the RSV shot was a little more painful going in and a little sorer the day after, than the COVID shot. I'm still going to get the flu, RSV, and pneumonia vaccinations before Rod has surgery, but I like to spread them out.

The trick for me is to get the shot late in the day, so if I start feeling a little icky, I can just go to bed and sleep it off.

BTW - the new COVID vaccine isn't a booster, it's actually a new formula.

Last edited:

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
I just had my Covid-19 newest booster and a flu shot. One shot in each arm. So far no effects. Had to wait even though I had an appointment. 45 minute wait. I will get RSV in October.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Glad to hear this, i am getting my Flu and new Covid shot tomorrow.

I tried getting the RSV shot a few weeks ago and insurance would not cover it and the pharmacy wanted almost $400 for that.

We have great insurance though my work, so i am guessing that was a timing issue, and will try again in a month or two.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Are you over 60? I only ask because it’s recommended for adults over 60 to get the RSV. I asked my doctor and she advised me to get it. I’m going to get the RSV in October.

stmartinfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Little Bay, St. Maarten
I thought I had seen recommendations to not get all 3 at the same time because of potential to reduce the effectiveness of the RSV. Flu and COVID together were fine but better to do RSV separately. Need to get on mine because we’ve got a trip to NYC late in October. I usually like to do flu in October so it lasts through flu season.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates
Nope, won't get even two at one time. Got the RSV a few weeks ago, the flu shot last Monday, and the Covid will be the beginning of October. I've had reactions to both the Covid and the flu shot in the past so no way would I do two at once. My reaction has been extreme fatigue. I had no reaction to the RSV shot, and very minor fatigue with the flu shot. My best friend, and her daughter (who is 33) both got the Covid and flu on the same day. Her daughter slept the rest of the day she got her shots, and all day the next day. She said she is never doing that again.

zentraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
I thought I had seen recommendations to not get all 3 at the same time because of potential to reduce the effectiveness of the RSV. Flu and COVID together were fine but better to do RSV separately. Need to get on mine because we’ve got a trip to NYC late in October. I usually like to do flu in October so it lasts through flu season.
I watched a recent grand Rounds from UCSF Department of medicine and there were three experts that were on the program. All said that getting all three of them at the same time is fine, although cautioned about not wanting to play in the US open the next day.

Superchief

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got the flu the second day after arriving in Vail. It was only a mild case but caused me to basically stay at the resort and away from people. I was fine prior to flying back. My brother got it the day after returning home. He went to his doctor and confirmed it was the flu. His doctor said the flu is early this year in our area, and that we both should hold off on getting flu shots until they know how effective they are this year. We both should have flu antibodies for a while and I may get a flu shot at the end of the year if recommended.

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
I should have added that I am getting all of the shots when I am as I have a trip scheduled the beginning of October. I like to be fully vaccinated before travel.

1Kflyerguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points
Are you over 60? I only ask because it’s recommended for adults over 60 to get the RSV. I asked my doctor and she advised me to get it. I’m going to get the RSV in October.

Yes, am 60 and have few other conditions. I have read that some insurance companies have been slow to add the RSV vax to their formulary... I have no doubt it will be added to our plan, I was probably just too quick to try.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
When I got the shingles shots had to pay. Now they are free, still glad I got them .

Luanne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
When I got the shingles shots had to pay. Now they are free, still glad I got them .
When I got the shingles shots prices were all over the place. I knew a few people who got them free. I paid $40 each for the two shots. My husband, who got them at a different pharmacy, paid $80 each. I know a few people who paid $100 or more each. But a friend of mine who had shingles before there was a vaccine said she would have paid anything to prevent it.

clifffaith

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark
We had flu shots two weeks ago, and I promptly came down with cold symptoms which I tell myself was a coincidence. Covid will be mid-Oct. Old Folks Home said RSV will follow later. I wouldn’t double or triple up on anything because I am under the weather for a day after a Covid shot, and wouldn’t want anything else to make that worse.

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
After a friend got the new covid shot she had a huge rash on her body. The next day she was talking funny and when asked why she said her lips were swollen. I got this info from my wife as it is her friend. I was also told her friend's sister is in a covid study as she broke out in a rash with the last covid shot before the newest one. These are the reasons I will only get one shot at a time in case of any strange reactions.
Bart

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 16 wks; Maui Schooner, 1 EOY Wk; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I just went to the doctor for a followup on my blood pressure and I asked about the shots.

They don't have the new COVID shots yet. They expect them mid-October. They recommended that I wait on the flu shot since it loses affectiveness as time goes on. He didn't recommend RSV for me since I am relatively heathy and I am not around children.

I'll probably just go to the Pharmacy here for the flu shot. I can just walk in there and get it for free with no appointment.

Last edited:

SusanRN

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did, too. The reason for me was that at that time (3 years ago) my Johns Hopkins Medicare Advantage had a $300 deductible. Done away with a year ago, so would be free now if the timing were right for me. Darn.

SusanRN

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I got the shingles shots prices were all over the place. I knew a few people who got them free. I paid $40 each for the two shots. My husband, who got them at a different pharmacy, paid $80 each. I know a few people who paid $100 or more each. But a friend of mine who had shingles before there was a vaccine said she would have paid anything to prevent it.
My recollection is that I paid about $120 each to get them at the Costco Pharmacy, bbut I was *very* anxious to get the protection. My dad had shingles at 72 and was *miserable* for 6 months because of neurologic pain in his neck. I was definitely intent on avoiding that, if possible.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
I forgot to ask when I can get them as I had endoscopic sinus surgery last week. I feel miserable and have felt so since February surgery blocked the two openings from the sinus. I have had bone fragments and purulent material trapped there for months and been on 12 weeks of antibiotics

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pono Kai, 16 wks; Maui Schooner, 1 EOY Wk; 1 week Ke Nani Kai; WaveCrest Condo, Molokai, HI
I was able to get my Shingles shots here at the Molokai Pharmacy and they were free. I got them earlier this year.

JudyH

TUG Member
Reaction score
DH and I got the new covid shot. A little sore arm. Nothing more. Getting flu shot in a few weeks. Not certain about RSV.

Icc5

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just went to the doctor for a followup on my blood pressure and I asked about the shots.

They don't have the new COVID shots yet. They expect them mid-October. They recommended that I wait on the flu shot since it loses affectiveness as time goes on. He didn't recommend RSV for me since I am relatively heathy and I am not around children.

I'll probably just go to the Pharmacy here for the flu shot. I can just walk in there and get it for free with no appointment.
We get all the shots we can at our local Safeway Pharmacy since we aren't charged an appointment fee.

slip

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We get all the shots we can at our local Safeway Pharmacy since we aren't charged an appointment fee.
We only have one pharmacy here and it's a small mom and pop place so we can only talk what they offer. :D