• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I found The cheapest fare to Hawaii ...

gidat1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello There:

For past few days I have been looking for a fare to Honalulu. I am in Panhandle of Florida. Every major travel sites gave me a rate of $ 2,000.00 or over that for a trip to HNL and back. I am going there during next Christmas.

I looked at www.hotwire.com this morning. I was surprised to see the clerance fare of $ 583.00. I was not told of the airlines or the timings of the flight. I tried before the flights out of Las Vegas or Oakland, but none of them were any close to this fare.

Just thought that you might want to know about this site and this fare.

phil

Fletcher921

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Mission Hills, CA;
Los Abrigados, AZ;
The Whaler, HI;
Playa Del Sol Costa Sur, MX;
Westgate Park City, UT
What airline (and schedule) did they end up giving you?

gidat1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Delta

The airline is Delta all the way and back. Reching HNL at 9:30 PM. Returning red eye to Atlanta.

I need to find add on fare to Kona and than to Kauai.

Phil

nightnurse613

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Phil- I read an article the other day about a local company, Mesa Airlines, that was going to be starting up inter-island air fares. Sounds weird but, that's that it said. Don't know when but, you might check it out.

Icarus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last time I checked Florida to the islands on UA, the normal discounted/restricted fare was around $1200. You could often find better discounts on UA for around $800 - $900. The cheapest deeply discounted fares were around $650 and didn't require the stop and add/on fares from HNL. You had to use some sort of fare watcher to find the deeply discounted fares. They weren't offered that often.

So, all in all, you did pretty good even after adding in the interisland fares.

The major benefit to using UA (or AA for that matter) is that you could fly direct from the mainland to Kona or Kaui and return direct from Kona or Kaui without the stop in Honolulu. You would still need to add on a one way interisland flight between Kona and Kauai. I guess I'm assuming you really want to go to Kona and Kaui and don't really want to spend time in Honolulu.

-David

Last edited:

gidat1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for...

Thanks for the replies.

I am flying Delta from Atlanta all the way to HNL. The return trip from HNL is a redeye flight ariving at 8 AM next day. I found the fare on www.hotwire.com.
Feels prety good to get this fare especially I am doing all this hit or mis style.
Or my friend told me I must be living right.... to get all these exchanges during christmas....
Phil