• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

I can't believe how prices have fallen!

tkelliott

Reaction score
I can't believe how prices have fallen!!!

I just purchased 300,000 FSP points for Wyndham Nashville on EBay for $1499.00. I received a small inheritance from my grandparents and thought instead of just spending it on something that will be here today and gone tomorrow, I would take some of it and buy another timeshare that will provide my family with enjoyment for years to come - especially for the price I got it at!

The price I paid seems very good based on EBay's completed listings and the information I have read on TUG. I really want to thank everyone on TUG for providing a resource to help understand the world of timeshare resales.

Thanks for the guidance and I look forward to talking to everyone!

tkelliott:whoopie:

falmouth3

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi. Welcome to TUG. :wave:

Yes, the prices these days are very tempting. I'm glad you were able to put your inheritance to good use.

Sue

laura123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you see the stock market the last two days...Talk about falling I picked up 343,000 pts with closing costs for $1600.I kep asking why did I want to be a gold member. I could have 2 million points and pay my mtn fees for 10 years.

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
They already are!

IMHO At some point many will be free with folks just looking to unload.

They already are! Ninety nine cents is free in my book. You can buy atleast 20 timeshares on ebay today for 99 cents each.

falmouth3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was watching an eoy Villas of Sedona on eBay. It was listed twice with no takers. They relisted with a starting bid of $1 and no closing fees. Not only that, but they didn't ask for the 2008 portion of the maintenance fee that apparently had already been paid. It sold for a grand total of $1. That buyer got a real deal, IMO.

banshee

Reaction score
Ebay - paying closing costs

I just started to browse around for ski timeshares, and I'm seeing ebay ads where the price is $1 and the seller is paying the closing costs (which seem to be in the $500 range). Given the low rental prices I've seen, I still don't see how it makes sense to buy.

Dave*H

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just started to browse around for ski timeshares, and I'm seeing ebay ads where the price is $1 and the seller is paying the closing costs (which seem to be in the $500 range).
Hmmm, there are a number of ski timeshares I watch for on ebay, some ranked pretty low, but I can't say that I've seen one go for $1 including closing costs when the unit was actually in prime ski season (approx wk 51 - 12).

falmouth3

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a 1 BR ski week that I sold over the summer The buyer paid $295 plus closing fees, plus the resort transfer fees. Thank goodness I unloaded that before the market fell apart.

I was also in the process of selling an Orlando week back to Diamond Resorts. They ended up sitting on it for several months before saying they were backing out. Luckily I had a prime spring week booked and one of my co-workers wanted to go at that same time so she's paying my maintenance fees this year. I may put that one back on the market in the summer, but things will probably be worse by then. :bawl:

Sue

london

TUG Member
Reaction score
Falling Prices

The timeshare market for 2009 will be difficult for sellers. It is a buyers market, with many timeshare values close to zero.

Some of the better quality resorts will have some remaining value to certain buyers.

Perhaps a small rebound will take place toward the end of 2009.

We are holding only weeks at places that we truly enjoy visiting.

sjuhawk_jd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Keep going!

The timeshare market for 2009 will be difficult for sellers. It is a buyers market, with many timeshare values close to zero.

Some of the better quality resorts will have some remaining value to certain buyers.

Perhaps a small rebound will take place toward the end of 2009.

We are holding only weeks at places that we truly enjoy visiting.

Hey, can you help us out with these types of predictions for the stock market in general and blue chips stocks in particular, mortgage interest rates, housing market, liquidity in the market and the price of the crude :crash:

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Ski Weeks for $1??

I'm curious as to where the ski weeks you saw that went for nothing. I just won an Ebay auction for a 1BR ski week at Eagle Point in Vail on Ebay for $510 which I thought was a pretty good deal. (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=250337245091&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT&ih=015) M&T's are about $530 and it floats 48-14 excluding 51 & 52. Only place I've seen ski weeks in Vail Valley go for close to nothing is Christie Lodge that apparently has some problems and high M&T's. These ski weeks described above must be in other places.

Reaction score
Heip! My Resort Silver Seas (Ft. Lauderdale) being sold?

New here and sure I missed placed this post but:

What happens in this situation. The letter from SS states that they can no longer compete with the big, fancier high rises. I believe they want me to just sign back over my ownership, for free.

If this is the case they are surely also being bought by a "big, fancier high rises" company.

As part "owner" don't I get a share?

I just paid my MF's too. I hpe my $822 is not lost forever. I am hoping to at least exchange it through RCI. My week is this month,

Betty

eal

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
Boopboopteedoo,
You may want to start a new thread about this - you question might get lost on this one.

timeos2

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
You hold a deed - they can't force you to give it up

New here and sure I missed placed this post but:

What happens in this situation. The letter from SS states that they can no longer compete with the big, fancier high rises. I believe they want me to just sign back over my ownership, for free.

If this is the case they are surely also being bought by a "big, fancier high rises" company.

As part "owner" don't I get a share?

I just paid my MF's too. I hpe my $822 is not lost forever. I am hoping to at least exchange it through RCI. My week is this month,

Betty

Unless the resort is closing down you can use your week. And they cannot "sell" the resort as you own at least 1/52 of one unit. The buyer has to come to agreement with every owner (why it is SO hard to attempt to sell any timeshare project). You need to find out what exactly is going on.

Robert D

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That Timber Lodge sale was a steal. I think EY 2BR lockoff summer weeks at Timber Lodge sell for $15K or more regularly (Marriott is probably getting $25K - $30K for them). I tried to snipe it but my computer did a hickup and my bid didn't get in in time. One problem though is that the best summer weeks for 2009 are already taken so you won't be able to get a good week next year and your 2009 M&T's of about $1,200 will largely be wasted. Even with that, it's still a steal, IMHO.