• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Residence Club -- how it works. (In as few words as possible.)

dms1709

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Point (5), Marriott Legends Edge
What is the marriott preference period? I can see units for next summer with my Marriott, but not with my Hyatt.

sponger76

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the marriott preference period? I can see units for next summer with my Marriott, but not with my Hyatt.
It can be "up to" three weeks. Sometimes they move out of Marriott preference sooner that that. But after the Marriott-only period, there is an additional preference period where Vistana owners can see Marriott units before non-Marriott/Vistana owners. Not sure what the upper limit is on that one, but it can also vary.

ScoopKona

Reaction score
Monkey King Coffee - Captain Cook, Hawaii
A few months back (6+) I was able to see the ROFR for Hyatt Vacation Club Kaanapali but I can't find it searching the Tug's website. Can you provide the link or location for me to find it? Looking at some resales, it looks like they do not offer a float on 3-bedroom units, is this accurate?

No idea. Sorry.

It would surprise me if such a list exists -- and if it does, it's already out of date. Nostradamus would throw his hands up and demand Hyatt's internal ROFR policies are too cryptic.

Just keep in mind the HKB is different. It's like Sunset Harbor was back when that was being sold -- the people who want it, want it BADLY. They're already spending the money, so developer prices are actually attractive. It's going to be many years until that settles down and HKB starts behaving like a normal Hyatt property (like San Antonio or Bonita Springs).